REAL change of HEART and MIND

B_boynextdoorkpt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I have had a real change of heart. Last week I posted a thread about Obama. I have really took to heart what I said and read with much interest all the responses. I see now how immature, and what a poor looser I was. This weekend I read in the NY Times about Bush's visit to the Middle East and his remarks about no ruling out a preimptive strike on Iran before he leaves office. It hit me like a ton of bricks, we, as American, cannot afford another Republican. I felt so bad.
I love Hillary and respect her so much, and wish with all my heart that she had been the nominee, but I will be supporting Obama and will be working to help his election this summer in Texas and in Virginia this fall.
Sorry for the stupid remarks I made earlier. Youth can be an excuse, but stupidity is a different matter.
Landon

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Glad to see your change of heart. I would love to have a Clinton back in office, but unfortunately it doesn't appear its going to happen. I, personally, an voting democrat in November. I don't care who the nominee is, I'm voting democrat. If another republican gets the presidency, I will bet everything that I have that we will start a war with another country. This scares the shit out of me. Our gov't doesn't take care of our troops as it is, the military is stretched to near breaking point, and if we go to war with another country, you can bet the draft will be inacted.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Good for you man. I hope all Democrats will work together to get those bastards out of power. I too think Clinton would have been a better leader and I don't buy all the shit people say about her. But it didn't work out.

We can't afford the Bush family lapdog in the White house.

B_boynextdoorkpt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I do not think Obama will have Hillary on the ticket, that would not be good for him, he really would be overshadowed. Besides, you and me both realize she is not one to take 2nd place. John Edwards has said empatically that he will not take it. So I have no idea who it will be. I think maybe the Gov. Richardson of new Mexico might be a choice, he is latino and that would reach that group.

I do not think Obama will have Hillary on the ticket, that would not be good for him, he really would be overshadowed. Besides, you and me both realize she is not one to take 2nd place. John Edwards has said empatically that he will not take it. So I have no idea who it will be. I think maybe the Gov. Richardson of new Mexico might be a choice, he is latino and that would reach that group.

That's actually a good choice. Latinos vote less of a straight ticket than other minorities and have leaned Republican in the past. Richardson might help keep them within the Democratic fold.

If McCain was smart, he'd grab Olympia Snowe and turn the tables on the Dems. She's middle-of-the-road and has sponsored legislation to get out of Iraq though she voted for both Afghanistan and Iraq initially as did nearly everyone else. She's very engaging and well-liked by her fellow Senators.

B_boynextdoorkpt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I think McCain will have the republican base no matter what, he needs a strong independent to save the campaign, someone that the blue collar uneducated white men will vote for. As I said that, dont you hate how the media is putting all americans in groups just like I did.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Good for you.

The honest truth is that there are only two choices this November: The Democrat or the Republican.

Abstaining from voting or voting for a third party is basically equivalent to voting for whoever wins the election.

I think those who are considering abstaining or voting third party need to think hard about the choice they're making, as you obviously have.

Nothing is accomplished by choosing to quite literally throw one's vote away in a fit simply because his or her candidate didn't win the primaries.

As for Bill Richardson, he's had my respect for some time, and would be a good choice for VP. Edwards wouldn't be bad, either.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would Love to see richardson on the ticket.

talk about qualified. He would be better as president.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I understand your initial opposition to Obama, because I shared the same reservations about his level of experience. I too was a huge Clinton supporter and I believe that she would have made a great President. I wanted the dream scenario of the Clinton/Obama ticket and 16 years of Democratic leadership to help deal with the unrelenting horror of the Bush administration and legacy.

Obama however has, throughout his campaign, demonstrated more leadership and management skills and character than I would have ever imagined possible. Clinton has, unfortunately, done the opposite. I am shocked at the numerous mis-steps that have plagued her campaign, the majority of which come from herself and her own team. Her adoption of Rovian campaign tactics designed to breed fear and distrust amongst Americans in order to achieve her own personal success have forced me to withdraw my support for her and focus on Obama's candidacy.

Obama's presidency will go a long way to restoring America's place in the world as a country of freedom, equality and compassion. I welcome the end of the Bush years and all the failures it has wrought.

Richardson's a lock in my mind. Kerry already considered him and went through the whole background check thing and Richardson passed. With Edwards out, the only thing he needs to do is say, 'yes.'

B_boynextdoorkpt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
What do you think of the latest polls?
McCain has a 15% lead over Obama with independants
Hillary has double digit lead over Obama in Kentucky and 4 point lead over him in Oregon, do you think that will change anything?

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
What do you think of the latest polls?
McCain has a 15% lead over Obama with independants
Hillary has double digit lead over Obama in Kentucky and 4 point lead over him in Oregon, do you think that will change anything?

I think, and history has shown this to be true, that the "latest polls" are usually drawn out of a pile of horse manure and are not worth paying attention to. :smile:

I think, and history has shown this to be true, that the "latest polls" are usually drawn out of a pile of horse manure and are not worth paying attention to. :smile:

Latest polls only indicate something substantive when they're truly late, meaning just before the election. It's far too early to tell what will happen once the real campaign begins.