REAL change of HEART and MIND

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Latest polls only indicate something substantive when they're truly late, meaning just before the election. It's far too early to tell what will happen once the real campaign begins.

That's certainly one reason. Another is the nature in which they're done. Often it's either a street poll or a phone-based poll (calling land-lines, of course), done during the day in the middle of the week. That's not exactly a representative constituent of anything particularly relevant.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Early in the campaign, I thought Clinton was the last person I wanted in office. Now I just prefer Obama over her. My mind changed about McCain when some shit about "Al Qaeda in Iraq" just happened to be released the day he all but secured the candidacy. Bullshit.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Yeh, no kidding. And codenaming it "Al Qaeda in Iraq" suggests that either he's stupid (for thinking all terrorist threats in the eastern hemisphere are al qaeda) or that he thinks the people are stupid (as though we can only stand against a name and not actions or principles).

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Yeh, no kidding. And codenaming it "Al Qaeda in Iraq" suggests that either he's stupid (for thinking all terrorist threats in the eastern hemisphere are al qaeda) or that he thinks the people are stupid (as though we can only stand against a name and not actions or principles).
Recent history shows that a politician can't go wrong thinking the public is stupid. How did Bush ever get elected in the first place if the people were not stupid? At least 50% of them anyway. Same goes for the war. Anyone who thought that the U.S. was looking for WMD or bringing "democracy" to the Mideast was delusional. The Reps will use fear and prejudice on the electorate this fall because it works.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have had a real change of heart. Last week I posted a thread about Obama. I have really took to heart what I said and read with much interest all the responses. I see now how immature, and what a poor looser I was. This weekend I read in the NY Times about Bush's visit to the Middle East and his remarks about no ruling out a preimptive strike on Iran before he leaves office. It hit me like a ton of bricks, we, as American, cannot afford another Republican. I felt so bad.
I love Hillary and respect her so much, and wish with all my heart that she had been the nominee, but I will be supporting Obama and will be working to help his election this summer in Texas and in Virginia this fall.
Sorry for the stupid remarks I made earlier. Youth can be an excuse, but stupidity is a different matter.
Landon

You have made an AMAZING attempt at reconciliation with the Obama camp Landon, I commend you for your forthrightness. Hillary is a super intelligent woman who has a place in the upper echelons of the Democratic party for as long as she wants to be in public service. She is a leader among Democrats and as I have said before, would clearly get my vote if she won the nomination. She is an AMAZING individual and I am proud of what she has achieved on her own apart from Bill. You have nothing to apologize for Landon, she is an immensely attractive candidate and a VERY capable statesman. There are some good damn people who support Hillary (Freddie53 is a beautiful soul) and y'all will make valuable Obama supporters. :biggrin1:

I have bitched about Hillary a lot, but the woman is smart and as tough as nails, I have LOADS of respect for the woman despite my ranting.

B_boynextdoorkpt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
This may seem silly to some, but I have put so much effort and money into the Clinton campaign and I really do admire her so much that it is almost painful for me to see her not get the nomination. There are some hurt feelings in the democratic party, we have not been kind with each other. This issue has almost split the Democratic Party, and its time now to reconcile and remember who we are running against. I think Hillary and Bill will always be respected and admired and useful in the Democratic party. I just know that deep down, that Obama has NEVER seen dirty politics yet until he faces the entire right wing Repulican party. They are going to be almost unbelievable this summer and fall. Get ready for alot of rhetoric.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It happens every election cycle. You should have seen how pissed off the Deaniacs were. Hillary got velvet gloves compared to the sleazy trick Terry McAuliffe pulled on Dean, using stealth 527 groups,

which after the primaries, when they are required to be reported, were fond to have been funded by the like of Gephardt, Edwards and Kerry.

B_boynextdoorkpt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Do you think the American people want the war to last a 100 years? Do you think the American people want the Bush policies? Please, change is truly in the air, the Democrats have it this year my friend, thank God.

B_jacknapier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
lol sure pal

most Hillary supporters don't have the kind of pro-Obama pressure and rhetoric smashed into them by giant-dicked men that you do

They will vote McCain or abstain from voting just as you initially planned to

WOOOO Democrats!

B_jacknapier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I am a barely, meagerly McCain supporter, and I know that democrats will remain divided and get another Republican in office.

Of course, saying you know something doesn't make it true. For anyone.