Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I'd just like to extend my appreciation to @Mr. LPSG for coming into the discussion here. You seem like a pretty reasonable, considerate person.

I'm not not trying to diss Rob_E... But I didn't see him get this involved when he became the site owner. I appreciate it, and it gives me good feels.

ETA: the RLG is perfect for a Ladies Only Section of the site, and even though some doofuses come in and muddy up this section sometimes, the men who regularly contribute here are fucking Awsum and I like that they can post here :sun:

Last edited:

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I just don't really get why the male member who threatened a certain female member was not punished. It's right there in the ToS. Threats against a particular person are not allowed. Why was his post simply altered?

I'm definitely all for bringing back a mod actions thread.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I just don't really get why the male member who threatened a certain female member was not punished. It's right there in the ToS. Threats against a particular person are not allowed. Why was his post simply altered?

I'm definitely all for bringing back a mod actions thread.

Perhaps if his post hadn't been edited we could report it Now and maybe something Would be done about it.

Just in case Mr. LPSG is reading and is wondering what we're talking about:
Why don't women like to admit they prefer men to have bigger dicks?

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hello, @Mr. LPSG . Welcome. I decided some time ago to leave LPSG, and at the time, this was intended as a permanent move. I have been here a long time, active the whole time, until I left several weeks back. In fact, I joined before Rob_e's deal to purchase LPSG closed. I remember when there were no moderators. I remember why the outcry for enforced moderation went up. I remember early mistakes, and the changes (such as increased transparency) implemented to avoid similar disappointments in the future. I remember the backlash (and how that backlash was all but ignored) when that transparency was replaced by the current policy: Discussion of administrative and moderator decisions in open forum is not permitted, and may, or may not result in a ban, depending upon some whim.

Anyway, am I back? No. I'm lurking because you've taken over, Mr. LPSG, and I'm trying to have some faith in your ability to restore balance to a community I loved, and a space in which I felt honesty was safe.

How safe did I feel? For most of the time I've been here, members could see my face. I had it as an avatar in the beginning. Then, in my gallery when too much negative attention from men was a problem. How honest was I? Well, you liked one of my posts in which I was honest about the man I married, his struggle with orientation/self-acceptance, and its impact on me. I have always told my whole truth here, in ways I cannot elsewhere.

Over the past few years, I have been a bit disturbed by events. The TOS changed to include prohibition of hate speech. But that wasn't consistently enforced unless the writing slurred ethnic minorities, or members of the LGBTQ community. A post that was misogynistic was just fine. At least that's the message many of the women here understood.

Most recently, and most disturbingly, some of the women here have discussed amongst ourselves (because site policy and administration could not be discussed in public) that posts were being modified or deleted without any explanation nor indication from the moderator implementing the decision. Around that time, in a thread hyperlinked in a post above this, a member named Zaromski TWICE made threats of violence against me, and another long-time female member who appears to have also vacated these premises. He threatened beatings, and murder. The first time, they gave him a temp ban, and edited the offending posts. I could be wrong, but I think this ban lasted a week, maybe two. The second time, they simply removed his threats. We let the moderators know some of us had already seen them. Still, nothing was done. He still posts, though he's steered clear of the women here.

When I contrast that person's punishment, a week or two, and then just edited posts, with the punishment for annoying the moderators by sending reports to the mod forum (how is that a thing?!) being six months, I am bereft of any motivation to return. That isn't outrageous. It's disgusting. It's bullshit pettiness, which should be beneath the owner, the admins (if there are any left) and his team of moderators.

If I had any suggestions to make, they would be these. The place is yours. Consider the rules in place in the TOS, and consult with older members, and the mod team regarding why a rule became a rule before changing it. You have too few moderators, and no administrators. You should consider having at least three (and always an odd number of) mods per sub-forum, and a volunteer schedule of mods for chat. Chat moves fast. You may need three at a time in there. Moderators should be more concerned with the spirit of a rule, than with the letter, and take action accordingly. It should be the daily task of one or two people to comb over the logs from the mod forum, and check that every action taken has been reflected in a thread that makes members aware of moderator actions. The moderator responsible for taking the action (after the group vote) should update the thread as part of the action, but stuff happens, and the follow up moderators can update the thread with any actions that did not get documented. New volunteers should be sought every three years or so to replace a quarter of the moderators. A former mod should wait three years before applying again once their time is up.

Thank you for your warmth, openness, and good intentions. I wish you fun, financial success, and adventure. I'll peek in from time to time from the shadows. If it seems to be going well, I may return. Either way, it has been nice to "meet" you, Mr. LPSG.

Matt_x

Legendary Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hello, @Mr. LPSG . Welcome. I decided some time ago to leave LPSG, and at the time, this was intended as a permanent move. I have been here a long time, active the whole time, until I left several weeks back. In fact, I joined before Rob_e's deal to purchase LPSG closed. I remember when there were no moderators. I remember why the outcry for enforced moderation went up. I remember early mistakes, and the changes (such as increased transparency) implemented to avoid similar disappointments in the future. I remember the backlash (and how that backlash was all but ignored) when that transparency was replaced by the current policy: Discussion of administrative and moderator decisions in open forum is not permitted, and may, or may not result in a ban, depending upon some whim.

Anyway, am I back? No. I'm lurking because you've taken over, Mr. LPSG, and I'm trying to have some faith in your ability to restore balance to a community I loved, and a space in which I felt honesty was safe.

How safe did I feel? For most of the time I've been here, members could see my face. I had it as an avatar in the beginning. Then, in my gallery when too much negative attention from men was a problem. How honest was I? Well, you liked one of my posts in which I was honest about the man I married, his struggle with orientation/self-acceptance, and its impact on me. I have always told my whole truth here, in ways I cannot elsewhere.

Over the past few years, I have been a bit disturbed by events. The TOS changed to include prohibition of hate speech. But that wasn't consistently enforced unless the writing slurred ethnic minorities, or members of the LGBTQ community. A post that was misogynistic was just fine. At least that's the message many of the women here understood.

Most recently, and most disturbingly, some of the women here have discussed amongst ourselves (because site policy and administration could not be discussed in public) that posts were being modified or deleted without any explanation nor indication from the moderator implementing the decision. Around that time, in a thread hyperlinked in a post above this, a member named Zaromski TWICE made threats of violence against me, and another long-time female member who appears to have also vacated these premises. He threatened beatings, and murder. The first time, they gave him a temp ban, and edited the offending posts. I could be wrong, but I think this ban lasted a week, maybe two. The second time, they simply removed his threats. We let the moderators know some of us had already seen them. Still, nothing was done. He still posts, though he's steered clear of the women here.

When I contrast that person's punishment, a week or two, and then just edited posts, with the punishment for annoying the moderators by sending reports to the mod forum (how is that a thing?!) being six months, I am bereft of any motivation to return. That isn't outrageous. It's disgusting. It's bullshit pettiness, which should be beneath the owner, the admins (if there are any left) and his team of moderators.

If I had any suggestions to make, they would be these. The place is yours. Consider the rules in place in the TOS, and consult with older members, and the mod team regarding why a rule became a rule before changing it. You have too few moderators, and no administrators. You should consider having at least three (and always an odd number of) mods per sub-forum, and a volunteer schedule of mods for chat. Chat moves fast. You may need three at a time in there. Moderators should be more concerned with the spirit of a rule, than with the letter, and take action accordingly. It should be the daily task of one or two people to comb over the logs from the mod forum, and check that every action taken has been reflected in a thread that makes members aware of moderator actions. The moderator responsible for taking the action (after the group vote) should update the thread as part of the action, but stuff happens, and the follow up moderators can update the thread with any actions that did not get documented. New volunteers should be sought every three years or so to replace a quarter of the moderators. A former mod should wait three years before applying again once their time is up.

Thank you for your warmth, openness, and good intentions. I wish you fun, financial success, and adventure. I'll peek in from time to time from the shadows. If it seems to be going well, I may return. Either way, it has been nice to "meet" you, Mr. LPSG.

I was just about to ask about your whereabouts AE. I'm sorry you went through this and actually quite disturbed that if said member is still around, has not been taken serious by Administration. Any violent threat should be taken serious and followed up with the authorities. I hope you find peace and serenity with your time off, but I most certainly miss you and hope you come back to us. I'm sorry I wasn't around for this. :(

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was just about to ask about your whereabouts AE. I'm sorry you went through this and actually quite disturbed that if said member is still around, has not been taken serious by Administration. Any violent threat should be taken serious and followed up with the authorities. I hope you find peace and serenity with your time off, but I most certainly miss you and hope you come back to us. I'm sorry I wasn't around for this. :(
Definitely not of a nature worth following up with authorities because the threats were impotent, but the behavior should not be tolerated. If it is, I don't want to be here. The decision to tolerate it was utter trash.

Matt_x

Legendary Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Definitely not of a nature worth following up with authorities because the threats we're impotent, but the behavior should not be tolerated.

Completely agree with you there. Trying to find the source and doing what I do best I cannot believe this was simply ignored tho.

bkmuscledad

Superior Member
Media
I am very sorry for what you went through, @AlteredEgo , as well as anyone else who went through similar issues.
Thank you for taking the time and energy to explain the issues in clear and rational terms to the new owner, because what affects one of us affects all of us.

Media

Excellent post. Thank you for writing this. I hope that you will consider coming back fully—your voice is needed—and that we will get our missing member back from Banned Camp ASAP. As you have shown, there is much to offer from all the longtime members as this site moves forward.

englad

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I hope you don't leave. You add a lot of value to the website.

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I want @AlteredEgo and @Fade back. NOW!

Two of the many many female posters who keep me coming back. Over and over.

Why? Cuz they are smart. And Funny. And take NO Shit from anyone. Male or female.

There does seem to have been, at times, a double-standard for certain behaviors. I sincerely hope this disappears in due time with the new owner and his stated goals for this site. I will take him at his word. I am hopeful.

At a minimum, a Moderator Action Thread should be the first of the new owner's site priorities. Transparency can go a long way to helping members understand the whats and whys when we get frustrated by the seemingly revolving door for some *cough-cough* male members. For example:

Repeated Hate Speech, from the same MALE poster, has been tolerated with two-three temporary bans and then, bam, he's back. With more Hate Speech. Why? If that guy's ban is not permanent, I can't imagine what anyone else might have to do to get a permanent ban. It's not like what he did repeatedly is not clearly covered in the site's Terms of Service!

Long-time FEMALE member. Frustrated (and not alone with said frustration) by blatant violations of the site's TOS, she reports posts/members for said violations. And she's the one who is banned. What the fuck is wrong with this picture? Even if she did over-report? C'mon now, this just defies, IMO, common sense.

Like a few others, I've been toying with backing off my participation at LPSG. Now there's a new sheriff in town and we'll soon see many positive changes. I'm hopeful!

Media
cookiequeen_1400x.jpg

God Save The Queen

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response

What a post. I'm going to address all of it in the coming days/weeks. This is absolutely incredible. I won't ever be able to thank you enough for it. The time you put into this alone. Thank you thank you thank you.

On a positive note I agree with pretty much everything you wrote. We are on the same page. Making the right moves to fix things is the real challenge. I'm going to do my best. I've also sent you a private message with some additional thoughts.

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for making me aware of the post. I've had so many msgs and posts I've struggled to keep up with all of them (included replying to yours which I will)

Co-signed.
~ Bonfire the Dragon.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Gotcha... I have heard several dudes trying to equate women talking about defense and being constantly aware of their situation as intended violence against men. I am all "oh, hell fucking no you didn't even with that bullshit" :mad:

Not that I would ever think you would align with such trash. Cuz ya are the source of most things awesome. I didn't want that branch of idiot thinking their shit was co-signed.

My dog just stepped on my laptop and inserted a video into the post. He got skillz!

It’s not just here, the double standard of content, but it does make headlines.
Facebook blocks ads for women with menopause but allows ads selling pills for erectile dysfunction

Reminds me of the Hobby Lobby case. No BC, but viagra is covered. Blue boner pills are PRICEY. BC not so much.

Matt_x

Legendary Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks for making me aware of the post. I've had so many msgs and posts I've struggled to keep up with all of them (included replying to yours which I will)

Not a problem.. Honestly knew it was going to be a challenge getting your full attention from everyone just excited to meet you. So my msg isn't fully charged like AlteredEgo's, I didn't want to overwhelm you. But my intent purpose is similar, to what she adds.

I didn't link this in the msg, but just so you can get a feel of who I am.

LPSG's New Features and Changes..

Reactions: AlteredEgo