Real long baggy gym shorts look retarded

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by pdxman, May 26, 2008.

1. pdxman

pdxman New Member

Okay what is the deal with guys who wear real long baggy gym shorts at the gym to work out? I mean the type that are so long and baggy they look like they are wearing a dress. Why dont they just fucking wear pants? I mean these so called "shorts" come almost down to their ankles. It looks so fucking stupid or am I just behind the fashion curve? Please tell me im not. Some I see even purposely pulling them down so half their ass crack is visible under their thin underwear. And how do you fucking work out like that?

2. D_Portelay Porquesword

I see those and in my mind, I cannot see how they are capable of doing squats or leg lifts with all that extra yardage hanging off their lower bodies.

They wind up riding down over the tops of the buttocks. While I am a connoisseur of the male ass, that is all those kinds of shorts seem to be good for. A peek at the upper bun!

I also see the sense it makes to wear attire that is suited for strenuous physical activity at the gym.

3. pdxman

pdxman New Member

Obviously they are not serious about working out but I'm talking more about the look of it. Don't they realize they look like idiots?

4. B_boynextdoorkpt

B_boynextdoorkpt New Member

They are tacky, and then they sometimes were long socks that go way up their leg, so silly...

5. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

My own gym shorts are not baggy, but they are longer in length. They were what was on sale when I had money at the time. I wear sleeveless tops and shorts (like basketball shorts). I find them to be comfortable for what I do at the gym, and I take my workout routine very seriously.

I don't tend to pay much attention what other people wear in the gym, however. I'm there to be healthy and stay in shape--not chat or ogle or anything else.

6. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm a live and let live kind of guy. I don't care for the extremely baggy look at the gym. To me, nothing looks hotter than a fit guy in properly fitting mesh gym shorts.

7. B_retracted

B_retracted New Member

I'd rather see someone in long shorts at the gym than short shorts like that queen on Reno 911.

8. ape4bigbananas

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Every generation has to do something to make the previous one scratch its head and wonder.

9. ctman123

ctman123 New Member

The only way I like seeing those really baggy shorts, is when a guy is hung low and has a swing going on.....................YEAH!!!!!!
    (That's whey I follow "mr. BIG DICK" to the locker room in HOPES he's going to shower!!!)
    Anyone have any thoughts???????!

10. pdxman

pdxman New Member

granted,,,,but im not just talking about long shorts,,,im talking about shorts that literally come almost down to the dudes ankles and are so baggy it looks like hes wearing a long dress. I just thought to myself is this guy trying to make some fashion statement because he sure could not work out in this ridiculous outfit...

11. JrodMaclane

JrodMaclane New Member

its to keep the gay guys from seeing their shit

12. pdxman

pdxman New Member

Well I guess it worked,,,lol,,,cause I was laughing so hard inside....I could care less what shit he had underneath.

13. 220483

Gold Member

maybe they're trying to hide some treasure...? or the lack of it... :D

14. NorthernSchlong

Albums:
    I try not to shit in my shorts ;)

15. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I doubt it. My bulge still shows in my shorts.

16. dc9

dc9
    Gold Member

Albums:
    I wear the type that go down to my knees, no longer. but I prefer the type that go to the top of my thighs, they're easier to walk on the treadmill or to do sit ups.

17. ActionBuddy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Actually, I think this is the truth here.

With the current acceptance of the huge % of the population that is openly gay, bi or closeted, so came the awareness to straight men that they were being viewed as sex objects, just as they were viewing women.

Fair is fair. Flaunt it if you are comfortable with being admired by both sexes... hide it with baggies if not.

But, man... I just watched a documentary, with lots of footage of vintage basketball games. If I had been there then, I would have actually paid attention through a whole game... If you know what I mean? :rolleyes:

What I think is really bizarre and unattractive is the boys who wear their pants with the belt (or no belt) below their ass... watch them... every 30 seconds they are pulling them up a bit to keep them from falling down. A weird, need for attention thing, I think, more than a fashion or social/cultural position statement.

Onan

"Who loves short shorts? We love short shorts!"

18. dc9

dc9
    Gold Member

Albums:
    I went to college in the late 70's just as the trend started to change. I worked in the ticket office and got to see these guys practice. OMG, tight and man just get hard thinking about it. Thanks for that memory Onan Mann.

19. Viking_UK

Gold Member

I play badminton and tennis as well as working out in the gym. I've got pretty muscular legs and I can't do anything in shorts that even reach mid thigh, because they're too restrictive. If I could get away with it, I'd play in a speedo! Maybe I should try that when the new season starts up.

The only reason I can think of for wearing "shorts" that long is that they want to hide scrawny legs.

20. dc9

dc9
    Gold Member

Albums:
    I personally go up a size, as long as they can be adjusted at the waist. Otherwise, you're right Viking man, they can be very constricting.

Draft saved Draft deleted