Real Reason for Magnum Condoms?

D_Aberchirder_Crustinuts

Account Disabled
Media
Not sure about these guy's specs. Their listing under regular Magnums says "These are a little smaller in Width and length than the Magnum XL's.", yet they show as being almost exactly the same as their XL in all categories. Shaft width on the regular actually shows as being wider than the XL (2.25 vs. 2.12). Head width is the only thing bigger on the XL (2.7 vs. 2.5). :confused:

Over-reaching

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not sure about these guy's specs. Their listing under regular Magnums says "These are a little smaller in Width and length than the Magnum XL's.", yet they show as being almost exactly the same as their XL in all categories. Shaft width on the regular actually shows as being wider than the XL (2.25 vs. 2.12). Head width is the only thing bigger on the XL (2.7 vs. 2.5). :confused:
All seems quite confusing. But the head width is important (to me), since that's where condoms tend to feel tightest.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
How do I know if the condom is too small for me? I use normal ones but I cannot unroll them all the way down, if I do it rolls back up, not much, is not like it slips off my penis... it just starts unrolling... it won't stay down

Check this thread (it's also a "sticky" at the top of the main page on "Sex With A Large Penis" section of LPSG) it has lots of advice and information

http://www.lpsg.org/82715-the-ultimate-condom-help.html

alteredbeast

1st Like
Media
Agreed. All about girth. With a 6" girth, I do like using the Magnum thins as they seem to stretch a lot easier, even less constricting than both the magnum and the xl, not to mention much better sensitivity. I do get some interesting looks when I buy them at the store. Not a lot of interested looks, but more of a "yeah right" looks of dismissal. I guess it has something to do with the fact that I'm Asian. lol.

Necromantic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Magnum: (Trojan Magnum Condoms | Free Shipping @ Condom Depot)
Head Width: 2.5"
Shaft Width: 2.25"
Base Width: 2"
Length: 8.12"
Thickness: 0.0027"
Lubrication: Water Based
Special Features: Reservoir Tip

Magnum XL (Trojan Magnum XL Condoms | Free Shipping @ Condom Depot)
Head Width: 2.7"
Shaft Width: 2.12"
Length: 8.12"

Torjan Enz (Trojan Enz Condoms | Free Shipping @ Condom Depot)
Head Width: 2"
Shaft Width: 2"
Length: 7.5"

Durex XXL Condoms (http://www.condomdepot.com/product/detail.cfm/pid/2194)
Head Width: 2"
Shaft Width: 2"
Length: 9.5"
Thickness: 0.0024"

I don't know if the whole pinching argument holds true. How uncomfortable can it be really?

Last edited:

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Not sure where they got they're measurement data from but the XLs are substantially wider than the normal magnum, not thinner. If you lay them directly on top of each other you can see that it's much wider, certainly not thinner, and not just in the head.

And the Durex XXL are nowhere near 9.5" long. That's ridiculous. :rolleyes:

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In my opinion, most of their sales of magnums are to guys who don't really need them, but their ego says they do.

They are def. more girthy, but not by a huge degree.

LMAO !!! I am laughing. Yes, many guys think their wieners are hung like a horse's, which is a distortion from reality.

martin60018

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
the reason for tightness is that guys dont unfurl/unroll the whole length
if there is a bunch still curled up, it's tight at the base end.
so dont stretch the thing, unroll a little and pull it open when rolling/sliding it on
better to have a inch loose at the head and the whole thing unrolled
that way the base is looser and there is alot of head room
precummers will like the baggy head for more feeling

LACJohn

Experimental Member
Media
I always have problem with condoms because I'm thick. I actually cum quicker in regular sized condoms, however they're usually stretched too thin around me and they usually break because of it. If I unroll the condom all the way down, it gets extremely tight around the base. Magnums are the safer choice for safe sex for me.

B_bryan10hustler

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
one more thing...i had been using MAGNUM XXLs for girth...and they are probably long enough...but after a friend suggested it, switched to DUREX XXLs and like them much better. Maybe a little more of a challenge to get on, but once they are, they're much more comfortable and result in less skin irritation.

coolhungluke

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I prefer to use the Magnum Ecstasy condom. It has extra room in the head of the condom for big mushroom heads. This style of condom has really been helpful in preventing my cock head from getting squished inside the condom.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

B_handsomejack81

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
hey Incocknito - I looked at MS but they seem to assume that length and width are proportional i.e. you can't have one without the other? is that right? what I really liked about my TF was changing between 2 width codes (17 and 21) while keeping my length identical (D) - the difference was very noticeable even though in latex terms it was only millimetres

D_Terry_Tugnuts

Account Disabled
Media
For me it's girth. Most brands of condom in the UK seem made for thin cocks, they're long enough for mine but are uncomfortable and I've had several split while fucking. Magnums are ideal.