Real Reason for Magnum Condoms?

drabman

Expert Member
Media
My sense, too.

Once met a stranger for some fun. We needed condoms and I volunteered to buy some on the way over. He made a huge deal of specifying Magnums -- nothing else would do. I'm above-average but nothing special. I never thought I needed Magnums. Turns out neither did he. I easily had two inches on him.

He reminded me of that old joke. Why are women so bad at math?

Because men have always told them that this much [hold thumb and forefinger apart] is twelve inches.

Someone once posted a link to a hilarious post on GirlsAskGuys, where a girl was seeking advice because a Magnum XL had slipped off her man's cock and disappeared into the depths of her vajazz, where she couldn't retrieve it. She said she knew he wasn't big enough to wear them because he actually had a rather thin John Thomas, but she hadn't wanted to hurt his feelings by asking him to wear a condom that fitted better.

BigBadJon

Experimental Member
Media
XL and XXL Condoms are about girth, not length. I am a tad thicker than a paper towel tube (6+ inch circumference) and I find condoms to be constricting and desensitizing. I am glad the XL or XXL condom does not slip off because of my my girth because I want as much skin on my shaft exposed as possible so the nerves in my cock can interlock with my partner. Condoms that are too tight often creep down my shaft with each withdrawal during intercourse and I have been known to accidentally leave one inside my partner. It was fun fishing it out. Someone need to come up with a condom that only encases the head and leaves the shaft completely exposed for pleasure.

Freddy Mac

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Never understood the ole' "these condoms are too tight" and in the next breath they're saying " love this cock ring it makes cock so fuckin' hard"......rolls eyes....lol

Exbiker

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I use regular condoms.

There. I've said it.

However, it's probably worth mentioning that I sometimes have to wear a rubber mask for sex. I'm so good looking, my teeth are so white, and my eyes are so blue, that it can sometimes be dangerous to leave my face uncovered. There could be eye injuries.

:frown:

Exbiker

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I use regular condoms.

There. I've said it.

However, it's probably worth mentioning that I sometimes have to wear a rubber mask for sex. I'm so good looking, my teeth are so white, and my eyes are so blue, that it can sometimes be dangerous to leave my face uncovered. There could be eye injuries.

:frown:

D_F_Ng_Ghan

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I disagree. Condoms choke you whole length, cockrings act only at the base of the penis.

Never understood the ole' "these condoms are too tight" and in the next breath they're saying " love this cock ring it makes cock so fuckin' hard"......rolls eyes....lol

scarletfury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've used regular condoms and I find larger ones like Magnums far more comfortable. My girth is generous enough to accommodate them.

dccane

Expert Member
Media
I can't get a regular condom on my dick at all. Regular magnums are a little too tight, but i can get them on. Magnum XL are the most comfortable for me. I think it is a girth issue, but i can't get a regular condom on to even test if it is long enough

bigbucky

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I use Magnum XL's because of my girth. (8 inches in girth) Even my urologist said that as far as size goes, I'd rate in the top .3 % for white males. I don't like to thump my chest and be arrogant, I'm just saying!

wow! I used them for my 6.5" girth. been married for 30+ yrs. used regular comdoms before Magnum and shred them like crazy.

scanlan

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I recently read an article claiming that Magnum condoms are the same size as regular condoms. That's funny if it's true, all the big guys claiming that they use Magnum's because they can't get their cock in a regular condom.
Fill one up with water (like a water balloon) and see how much they are able to expand.

Last edited:

mrb9

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I recently read an article claiming that Magnum condoms are the same size as regular condoms. That's funny if it's true, all the big guys claiming that they use Magnum's because they can't get their cock in a regular condom.
Fill one up with water (like a water balloon) and see how much they are able to expand.

I used to use regular condoms for years (always used to think I was average size) and they were always a bit of a struggle to get on and even harder to get off just after ejaculation. I switched to Magnum XL and they are a godsend, much more comfortable and easier to get on and off. So there must be some size difference. I have a big cock head which was always the problem area with regular sized.

Last edited:

scanlan

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

This is a regular condom unrolled next to a Magnum condom unrolled. Same measured length and width. So, it's just a sales gimmick.
I've used them both and can't tell any difference. :confused:

Attachments

Wrist_thick10

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hello all,

I was wondering what is the main reason guys have to upgrade to magnum condoms? Is it more a girth thickness reason than length? Because I feel like I've seen a few pics on this website of guys showing off they wear magnum condoms, but their length doesn't always seem to be the reason why? I'm average thickness and don't wear them but I feel like I've could easily be longer than some of these guys who wear magnum condoms. I'm just curious whats the specifics for wearing them, thanks everyone.

I think it's just marketing. I've used them and couldn't tell any real difference.

blackhandle

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I went to a web site (I forget which one but I think it was Trojan's site) I looked up the dimensions of the regular condom and the Magnum, based on what was there, I should be using Magnums. I have never used them because regular ones have always worked just fine. Some brand can be a little tight but other than that I think it's just a sales gimmick as well.

SchlongusGermanius

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used the Magnum XLs for a few years because of my girthy cock ( I know its not that visible in the vid). Luckily mysize came up with the 69s in Europe, because the Magnum XLs were horribly expensive here in germany..