RealClearPolitics:McCain leads Electoral Map

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trinity, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Real Clear Politics has McCain leading in their poll of polls and leading the Electoral Map.

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map

Obama/Biden 207
    157 Solid 50 Leaning

McCain/Palin 227
    172 Solid 55 Leaning

Toss Up 104
    104 Toss Up

The Battleground States have McCain leading, Obama leading a few, a tie or slim leads for either candidate which make the states toss up states on the electoral map.

Newsweek
    Drawing Even -excerpt
    By Jonathan Darman
    Sept. 12, 2008

Two weeks of all-Sarah Palin-all-the-time media coverage, and the McCain bounce in national and battleground state polls, has spurred Democratic anxieties that despite President Bush's dismal approval ratings, the party might be squandering the chance to take advantage and reclaim the White House. But NEWSWEEK's Poll suggests the race is very much still in play. McCain's current level of support, after all, is up just 5 points from July, before either party's nominating convention, when Obama led McCain 44 to 41 percent.

Perhaps more troubling for the Obama campaign than the overall head-to-head numbers, however, is the dramatic hardening of McCain's support suggested in the poll. In July, only 39 percent of McCain voters said they supported McCain strongly. By contrast, 71 percent now say they strongly support the Republican nominee. Obama, meanwhile, has seen support increase from his voters, as well, but far less dramatically—67 percent now say they support him strongly, compared to 61 percent in July. Enthusiastic support will prove crucial to both parties in a close election, as voters are more likely to turn out for, give money to and volunteer on behalf of candidates they firmly back.

But clearly, McCain has benefited enormously from the avalanche of attention his vice presidential selection triggered. On a signature Obama issue, the war in Iraq, the Republican nominee now leads his Democratic opponent 51 percent to 41 percent, a marked change from an April NEWSWEEK Poll, which had Obama leading McCain on the issue, 54 percent to 34 percent. McCain also leads Obama on the issue of taxes and spending and on national security and terrorism. On the No. 1 issue on voters' minds in this election, the economy, 49 percent to 40 percent prefer Obama to McCain—though the Democrat's lead there has narrowed significantly since June, when a NEWSWEEK Poll showed him with a 54 percent to 29 percent lead over McCain.

One key group driving McCain's bounce on these issues: white women. McCain now leads Obama in this group by 16 points, 53 percent to 37 percent, up from July, when white women backed McCain by only 5 points—44 percent to 39 percent.

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    The electorate is currently "Frozen" waiting for the debates. I expect there to be a LOT of movement after the first Debate a week from Friday and even more after the Palin/Biden debate.........and NONE of it will be towards McCain

3. invisibleman

Gold Member

Never fear an intelligent black man running the USA, Trinity. Things will be fine and dandy. The Demos are gonna clean up and get the MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. And Sarah Palin will still see Russia from her house. :smile:

4. mattbuddy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    So true! Obama will become president and Palin will go back to Alaska where she belongs.
    I like your avatar too Invisibleman :biggrin1:

5. ostensor

ostensor Member

Albums:
    I wonder how many people are truly undecided and swayed by all this political posturing and rhetoric?

6. invisibleman

Gold Member

Thanks. Here is the image file. Use it as your own avatar or create your own with your graphics publishing programs on your PC. No problem.

#6 invisibleman, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  7. Randll86

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I am in Fla. and if history is any indicator win Fla and win the White House... and the Republican base is mobilized, they are everywhere, if the Dem's don't get there shit together soon they are gonna blow it AGAIN.

8. invisibleman

Gold Member

Floridians will vote how they want. I don't care. I think that Republicans should fix this mess they made. Vote McCain and Palin.

It will all look good to me. It isn't going to matter. But don't fucking bitch when your gasoline goes up and the war isn't getting any better. Bankrupt the country with the current pathway. Maybe that is the plan anyway.

And if Obama doesn't get in. It will look really bad on America and Americans. They didn't EVEN vote for a black man for President. You had better look at it like that. You wait.

It will be all like before. Wait and see. Vote McCain and Palin.

9. Notaguru2

Gold Member

All I can do is L-O-L. Lastest Gallup? EVEN! Booya!... hahaha Thats has to be the quickest evaporation of a lead in.... US history? (and I don't mean Obama's lead, either) =)

10. Gnobe

Gnobe Member

I thought Obama was meant to be walking this election. Why isn't he?

11. Notaguru2

Gold Member

It took people some time to realize that McCain/Palin had been lying their asses off the last two weeks. Now that they are wiser... its turning back to Obama.

12. Gnobe

Gnobe Member

You know do realise that it's going to go back and forth until the debates. McCain will lead by 3 points, then it'll evaporate, Obama will lead by 3 points, then it'll evaporate etc etc.

I mean just because McCain's bounce temporarily evaporates doesn't mean he's gonna get walked all of a sudden in the election.

The thing about Obama that gets me is that he's never really pulled away from McCain, has he?

I mean what happens if Obama succeeds somewhat in the debates, gets a 5 point bounce, then evaporates again and fails to pull away from McCain?

I don't care what people say this is going to be pretty close and unless something drastic happens, it's not necessarily a given that Obama will win 400+ like some are expecting him to do. Same with McCain.

I just can't believe some people are getting exicted about these small bounces all the time.

13. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Check your calendar. The election is like 6 weeks away... I'm just proud and confident. One thing you WON'T hear from me if Obama loses... that somehow voters were disaffected or he was robbed of the Presidency. I'll lose with grace... but watch out when he wins! :p

14. uniqueusername

What do you mean, Republicans fix the mess "they" made? Fannie Mae was basically a retirement home for Democrat politicians. It's been run by them since it was created by FDR. Jim Johnson, the man in charge of Obama's VP hunt, was the former CEO of Fannie Mae. They contribute MILLIONS to Democrat politicians like Chris Dodd, Obama, Biden, and Barney Frank.

I agree that the government is partially responsible for the problems in the economy, but both parties are at fault. The government needs to stop bailing these companies out when they fail, because it allows problems to continue. Old, failing companies need to be allowed to die off.

15. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    ..and then the landslide victory you often predicted will come true?

16. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:

you'd be shocked. just as you are shocked ppl couldn't figure out how to punch out a chad or properly read a ballot.

17. sparky11point5

sparky11point5 New Member

OK, we can agree on letting bad companies fail at least.

18. midlifebear

Gold Member

Dear Trinity (Jeebus, Da Lord, and the Holy Spook?):

You know perfectly well that McCain's non-lead in the polls doesn't mean beans until we get verifiable photos of the size of his dick. After all this is a large penis support group. I'll wager Obama is packing more.

Love you to death (are you dead yet? LOL!)

Mr. Midlifebear

19. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I don't like it when Trinity masturbates in public.

20. Trinity

Trinity New Member

I think you do...because you keep calling my name.

Draft saved Draft deleted