RealDolls Documentary – Guys and Dolls

rexcasual

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
With some recent interest in RealDolls here at lpsg, I did some googling and found this BBC documentary on the subject.

The level of reality is ambiguous.

The eyeballs are moveable. Jaws are moveable. Tongues are interchangeable. Faces are interchangeable. The limbs and fingers are articulated like a skeleton. The molds used to create skin and flesh are cast from human body models. Seams are apparent in most photos. However some of these men apply make-up, buy several expensive wigs and wardrobes. Photographers are obviously going to chose angles that enhance the illusion.

The men in the film have my sympathy. There is great loneliness and difficulty making contact with others that some guys experience that was quite eye opening for me. The RealDoll solution is a strange one for me to feel comfortable with, and I am admittedly judgmental about the weirdness factor.

Humans are more quirky than I had ever imagined. Ahem. I need a beer.

The film by Nick Holt is 46 minutes long, and worth seeing.

Guys and Dolls

chill4d

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree, but while part of me wants to feel sympathetic for these individuals, I can't.

Clearly there is something they enjoy and value about a synthetic lover, enough to spend thousands of dollars on. So why feel sympathetic? Are they missing out on something the rest of the world has? Something the average realdoll customer would even be able to understand or appreciate in the first place?

Is it right to feel sympathetic, or (like them), do we just not understand?

rexcasual

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's the underlying sadness about these men, their social deficits and inability to connect with people that makes me feel sympathetic. It is still weird to me, but the film exposes their struggles.

Reactions: Yorky