Reality dating shows

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by bigone,babe, May 30, 2006.

1. bigone,babe

bigone,babe New Member

Does anyone here ever watch these stupid reality type dating shows? I know my wife and I do. Not because we like them, but because they are...stupid.:biggrin1:
    Here's a few you may have heard of:
    1)Blind Date-This one really sucks because all throughout the date, the writers/producers of the show make these stupid cartoon bubbles that are supposed to be the people on the show's talking/thinking/etc. These are supposed to be funny, but alas, they aren't.

2)Elimidate-This one is pretty crappy,too, but it's funnier because it's stupider than Blind Date. The premise goes like this: a guy or girl is paired with four "daters", either four guys or four girls. Every seven minutes or so in the show, the main guy/girl "eliminates"(hence the name of the show, Elimidate) one of the daters. The one at the end, of course, has "won".

3)NeXt-This is by far the dumbest BUT funniest one of all.:biggrin1: This guy/girl is on this "field date" with five daters, who are on a bus. One at a time, the daters come out and do some activity with the main guy/girl. If the main guy/girl doesn't like that dater, he/she says, "next!" and the next dater comes off the bus. If the main guy/girl likes one of the daters, they will ask for a second date with them. Here's the twist of this show,though. Every minute the dater is on the date with the main guy/girl, they get one dollar. So, if they last, let's say, 45 minutes without getting nexted, they have 45 dollars. It may be confusing until you actually see the show.:biggrin1: What makes this show so laughable, though, is that they(the producers or whoever makes the decisions) pick the most airheaded, shallow, and dumbest friggen people to be on the show!:biggrin1: Still, my wife and I watch this show sometimes if we are bored.

2. gg42

gg42 New Member

Albums:
    I've seen it - they must be acting - nobody could be that stupid

3. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    I watch this stuff almost nightly...in fact watching it now. Prefer blind date because i find the balooney stuff funny. elimidate depends on the people on the show. don't get "next" down here, but do watch something called "shipmates" ("blind date" on a cruise ship). also used to watch something called the 5th wheel. lots o laughs.

4. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

Elimidate isn't even about a date, just about who will fuck at the end of the evening. Most of the time I think it's unwatchable but I can't look away, like a gory wreck.

Draft saved Draft deleted