Reality of racism still exists in the USA

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Would that possibly be the same as condoning it? Let me rephrase. If you think it's perfectly natural, does that also mean you approve?
Of course there is no implication that he approves it.
Suggesting that something is natural and unavoidable is only to say it stands somewhere in the long list of human foibles.
One might say that hatred is natural and unavoidable.
That isn't to say that hatred is good ... merely that it is a permanent feature of the human psychological landscape (as it certainly seems to me to be).

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Of course there is no implication that he approves it.
Suggesting that something is natural and unavoidable is only to say it stands somewhere in the long list of human foibles.
One might say that hatred is natural and unavoidable.
That isn't to say that hatred is good ... merely that it is a permanent feature of the human psychological landscape (as it certainly seems to me to be).

You are correct, logically spekaing my post didn't imply anything about approval of racism. But neither logically should any assumptions be made as to the extent to which I approve or disapprove of it.

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I realize that..I was implying the words you chose to use, natural, human condition..are buzz words like, God given
Why would that be? I've already made it clear in a handful of religious threads (that you were present on) that I'm not a convicted believer.

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You are correct, logically spekaing my post didn't imply anything about approval of racism. But neither logically should any assumptions be made as to the extent to which I approve or disapprove of it.
True, your post entailed nothing at all in terms of your own position on racism.
But since you implicitly open up a range of possibilities, DO you approve of it or disapprove of it?

Reactions: b.c.

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
More LPSG awesomeness.

OK. I suppose I will still post it because Conan asked.

I don't know if you notice this but i'm the complete and utter opposite of lpsg. So it's probably not a good idea to attribute my actions and opinions to the general idea of what and who the site is as a whole. You may bore and annoy me but i'm sure you'll find those whose ideas and actions are more in line with yours. I only said as much because you commented under mine. Tis was only an assumption.

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know if you notice this but i'm the complete and utter opposite of lpsg. So it's probably not a good idea to attribute my actions and opinions to the general idea of what and who the site is as a whole. You may bore and annoy me but i'm sure you'll find those whose ideas and actions are more in line with yours. I only said as much because you commented under mine. Tis was only an assumption.

You converse in the same contemptuous and antagonistic manner as is typical of LPSG posters (particularly the political forum regulars).

And actually no, there's pretty much no one on here whose ideas are particularly in line with mine. There are a few who are more courteous and so I got along with better, but I can tell we still don't see eye to eye. It's an exceptionally and intensely liberal-left leaning community here.

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
You converse in the same contemptuous and antagonistic manner as is typical of LPSG posters (particularly the political forum regulars).

And actually no, there's pretty much no one on here whose ideas are particularly in line with mine. There are a few who are more courteous and so I got along with better, but I can tell we still don't see eye to eye. It's an exceptionally and intensely liberal-left leaning community here.

Actually thats not true. The majority of the posts you've made on many different topics were full to the brim with contradictions. On everything from abortion to religion. You've continuously tried to hit some sort of middle of the road agreement with various issues and have failed at it each time. Which isn't a big deal. We human beings do that. Problem is you've also tried to fit in. Going so far as to flip your opinion in the face of adversity. Which is also not that big a deal, human beings do that too. Problem is you then attempt to condemn those that don't do the same.

Anyone with a set opinion and idea that they defend, you then attempt to say they aren't civilized enough to debate with. In all actually there was never a debate since you very rarely stand behind anything you say. When i match your contempt and antagonist behavior you call me out on it completely ignoring the fact you've done the same many times to many other people. And all of that together is more an attribute of lpsg than anything else.

This isn't a left leaning site. This site tries desperately to be in the middle of the road. Many topics end up in an agree to disagree format. It's expected. The site is about large penisesess, no one is really taking the issues as seriously as they would need to be to find solutions. But the insults don't usually come from those concrete on their ideals. No. They come from those with no idea how to defend their opinions in any real way. I just tended to giving people what they've put out so they can understand what it is they're doing. Sure, i wasn't really successful at it but at least there was a method to my madness.

So paint me as you may. No fucks to actually give on that. Oh and yes, your ideals are in line with many. Just so happens they got banned for fully expressing their ideals. (Shrugs) Human beings.

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Actually thats not true. The majority of the posts you've made on many different topics were full to the brim with contradictions. On everything from abortion to religion. You've continuously tried to hit some sort of middle of the road agreement with various issues and have failed at it each time. Which isn't a big deal. We human beings do that. Problem is you've also tried to fit in. Going so far as to flip your opinion in the face of adversity. Which is also not that big a deal, human beings do that too. Problem is you then attempt to condemn those that don't do the same.

Anyone with a set opinion and idea that they defend, you then attempt to say they aren't civilized enough to debate with. In all actually there was never a debate since you very rarely stand behind anything you say.

These are quite personal accusations, and given how much you have insulted my character, I would say you are now honor bound to substantiate these claims, and I challenge you to it. I'm pretty sure you can't. Since this is supposedly such a strong pattern, I would say provide 3 concrete and clear examples of me contradicting myself on actual positions (for instance, my recent quasi-backtracking on the person of Inside1 wouldn't count because that wasn't a matter of a position nor was it ever really the point of what I was saying), or where I flipped my position. I would be surprised if you can even come up with 1. I'd also like to see substantiation of the claim that I am "trying to fit in", though that naturally would be more difficult to prove or disprove.

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
These are quite personal accusations, and given how much you have insulted my character, I would say you are now honor bound to substantiate these claims, and I challenge you to it. I'm pretty sure you can't. Since this is supposedly such a strong pattern, I would say provide 3 concrete and clear examples of me contradicting myself on actual positions (for instance, my recent quasi-backtracking on the person of Inside1 wouldn't count because that wasn't a matter of a position nor was it ever really the point of what I was saying), or where I flipped my position. I would be surprised if you can even come up with 1. I'd also like to see substantiation of the claim that I am "trying to fit in", though that naturally would be more difficult to prove or disprove.

You're correct it would be difficult to prove. And to be perfectly honest....i don't feel like it.

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
Oh, so you're going to invest in writing a long slanderous rant against me and then not bother at all to back up the accusations? How rotten.

Rotten? So i take it you're trying to get me banned. If so go ahead and file a complaint already and stop bitching about it. Pro-tip. Theres about three individuals on this site with whom if you agree you'll become a part of the group. Not on all issues though and not in the politics section. You'll have to avoid the politics section completely. The cool kids never come here. Only about 2% of posters do. So you won't find what you're looking for here.

But yes racism/bigotry is a problem.

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Rotten? So i take it you're trying to get me banned.

No, why would you think that? I actually haven't once solicited any sort of moderator intervention in any sort of matter in my whole 3 years here (which is unusual really). With particularly nasty folk I just eventually hit the Ignore button and then I'm done with them.

Pro-tip. Theres about three individuals on this site with whom if you agree you'll become a part of the group. Not on all issues though and not in the politics section. You'll have to avoid the politics section completely. The cool kids never come here. Only about 2% of posters do. So you won't find what you're looking for here.

What are you talking about? You're still thinking that I'm aware of some in-crowd that I'm trying to find my way into? Now I'm starting to wonder if you are the one trying to get me riled up. I'm actually in the Politics forum simply because I often enjoy discourse and dialectics and sometimes debate.

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
No, why would you think that? I actually haven't once solicited any sort of moderator intervention in any sort of matter in my whole 3 years here (which is unusual really). With particularly nasty folk I just eventually hit the Ignore button and then I'm done with them.

What are you talking about? You're still thinking that I'm aware of some in-crowd that I'm trying to find my way into? Now I'm starting to wonder if you are the one trying to get me riled up. I'm actually in the Politics forum simply because I often enjoy discourse and dialectics and sometimes debate.

Well it's an assumptions. Might sound insane to you based on your perspective of events but i don't really like to judge others. I would much rather like to give them the benefit of doubt. In your and others case though, once you hit a certain list of predicted patterns i evaluate it as better to completely judge the book by it's cover. I could be wrong but you've consistently tossed up some of the same talking points i've seen repeatedly from a certain type of person. And the outcomes i'm proposing are the usual outcomes of those people. Race being the last test. If a person reacts to race in certain ways i know what i'm dealing with. And if they react to the topic of race in certains ways i can become sure of a few things.

Morality, group dynamics style and etc. If someone thinks about one topic in a certain way then odds are they'll think about a similar topic in the same way. Once people label others as being racist simply because they're pointing out racism/bigotry the next steps are predictable. And steps leading up to that are usually displayed in best of language. I could always be wrong but so far i've been more accurate on this site then not.

I was a little off with that last poster but not by much. And so far you've presented some of the same red flags.

Reactions: Fuzzy_ and b.c.

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are you actually trying to tell me that your disparaging remarks vis-à-vis my posting history were actually a speculative projection of patterns you have observed in certain other posters?! :mad: