Really cute guy...

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So there's this really cute guy from my school, I met him a couple years ago. At the time, we were both ridiculously awkward so we never really hung out at all (that and I don't think he found me attractive then either).
My body shape has changed though, and we both work at the same place now (out of a total like 200 people; large university). We had training today and I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm cute now (hopefuly!) I've been getting vibes a couple times from random times I've seen him at work. How the hell do you flirt with really cute guys like this without coming off as a complete moron? Whether or not he was being a little suggestive today or not, I'm not sure but I want to be prepared for the end of our training tomorrow morning; we will certainly see each other. Suggestions anyone?

rayray

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
So there's this really cute guy from my school, I met him a couple years ago. At the time, we were both ridiculously awkward so we never really hung out at all (that and I don't think he found me attractive then either).
My body shape has changed though, and we both work at the same place now (out of a total like 200 people; large university). We had training today and I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm cute now (hopefuly!) I've been getting vibes a couple times from random times I've seen him at work. How the hell do you flirt with really cute guys like this without coming off as a complete moron? Whether or not he was being a little suggestive today or not, I'm not sure but I want to be prepared for the end of our training tomorrow morning; we will certainly see each other. Suggestions anyone?
Smaccoms, you are very vague about your post..Is he gay?Does he know you are gay?What kind of vibes do you feel now that you didn't feel before?Tell me(us) more....

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Smaccoms, you are very vague about your post..Is he gay?Does he know you are gay?What kind of vibes do you feel now that you didn't feel before?Tell me(us) more....

He totally knows I'm gay; I'm pretty sure he's gay (I think I remember seeing him on manhunt and shit). The first time he saw me after a year or two he looked quite flabbergasted; it was pretty funny. I had lost like 30 lbs and bought some new clothes so he was practically jaw-dropping as I walked back to get him a basketball (or w/e, I work equipment issue at a large gym on campus).
He totally did the ass-up move when he dropped his pen today (and looked back at me as soon he got back up). Whether he did for me or not it could go either way. It was pretty hot though! I'm fairly certain it was giving the "I'm gay and testing" vibe rather than the "I'm straight and testing" vibe, you know what I mean?
Random shit like that. Can you tell I'm a dreamer? The guy really makes me curious though...:confused13:

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Seconded. Even if he's not interested he might be a new friend.

Didn't think of this option, it's funny how the most simple choices evade u the most sometimes.

I recently noticed that this guy doesn't talk to anyone! He just sits there staring at his lab with the most mundane look on his face all day long. We played a massive game of dodgeball at training on SUnday (200 ppl ish). He was one of the people that didn't really interact socially with anyone that much (though he was pretty active). Now I'm just curious, his he just totaly introverted, or has a hatred of his co-workers. Either way it is a little sad, don't you think?

ggsitc

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Now I'm just curious, his he just totaly introverted, or has a hatred of his co-workers. Either way it is a little sad, don't you think?

Most likely he's painfully shy and/or uncomfortable in large groups. That would have been me in a similar situation in college! I didn't relate well to my peers: I wasn't into the music of our era; I was a chubby, clumsy oaf so wasn't much into sports; I was nerdy/brainy so I was more likely to be doing homework or reading about a hobby interest than doing "stuff" the other students were doing.

I still say, next time you're one-on-one and vibes are "there," a casual, "Hey, wanna grab a coffee/sandwich after work/class?" is definitely in order. Sounds like you both work in the school gym, is he into working out as it sounds like you are? That's another approach, "Hey, I need a spot for my bench this afternoon, could you?"

Good luck and keep us posted! :fing02:

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Most likely he's painfully shy and/or uncomfortable in large groups. That would have been me in a similar situation in college! I didn't relate well to my peers: I wasn't into the music of our era; I was a chubby, clumsy oaf so wasn't much into sports; I was nerdy/brainy so I was more likely to be doing homework or reading about a hobby interest than doing "stuff" the other students were doing.

I still say, next time you're one-on-one and vibes are "there," a casual, "Hey, wanna grab a coffee/sandwich after work/class?" is definitely in order. Sounds like you both work in the school gym, is he into working out as it sounds like you are? That's another approach, "Hey, I need a spot for my bench this afternoon, could you?"

Good luck and keep us posted! :fing02:

I'm mostly a runner really, but I've been considering doing a little lifting to accelerate my fat loss a bit this semester--that and to increase my power. Next time I get a vibe, I will do that. This is a new deal for me. I've been told dating is an after-college deal and I am in the transition so it is kind of appropriate now. I wonder if he'd like to play a little Quidditch; the sport is good for the soul, ESPECIALLY the social one. It's just so totally awesome, yea know?!

ggsitc

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'm mostly a runner really, but I've been considering doing a little lifting to accelerate my fat loss a bit this semester--that and to increase my power. Next time I get a vibe, I will do that. This is a new deal for me. I've been told dating is an after-college deal and I am in the transition so it is kind of appropriate now. I wonder if he'd like to play a little Quidditch; the sport is good for the soul, ESPECIALLY the social one. It's just so totally awesome, yea know?!

OK, maybe find out if he likes to run, too, and invite him along next time to run with you, "I've got this pretty route I follow ..." or "I've got this challanging route with a lot of hills," etc. The Quidditch thing may be OK, but with the dodgeball thing you mentioned where he was rather anti-social may not be the best thing to suggest at this stage, esp. if it turns out he is uncomfortable in larger social situations. From what you've described so far, I am thinking that one-on-one or very small group things are in order.

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OK, maybe find out if he likes to run, too, and invite him along next time to run with you, "I've got this pretty route I follow ..." or "I've got this challanging route with a lot of hills," etc. The Quidditch thing may be OK, but with the dodgeball thing you mentioned where he was rather anti-social may not be the best thing to suggest at this stage, esp. if it turns out he is uncomfortable in larger social situations. From what you've described so far, I am thinking that one-on-one or very small group things are in order.

Understood, all of this makes most sense! I will break his harsh exterior! *giggles mischievously*

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Seconding the ideas so far--remember, it all starts with hello. Casual conversation aboutanything is how any relationship starts--from lover to casual friend. After the casual conversation has gone on for awhile, ask him if he wants to go grab coffee, lunch, whatever is appropriate. As you talk, his body language will indicate his interest in you. He will smile, hold your eyes, lean towards you show interest in you, things like that. Look for the signs. At coffee or lunch, you get to know each other better--find mutual interests, mutual ideas, ways to connect. He knows you are gay, you still have some questions, so bring up gay topics in a casual subtle way. Mention a gay club or two, and what you think of it. Mention a recent local gay event. Try not to bring up gay politics for awhile until you know where he stands on things. :wink: Mostly, be yourself---if he likes you you want him to like the real you, not some image. Remember to smile, have fun--joke with him. There are few things more attractive than someone who can make you laugh and feel good about yourself. If there is something about his dress or looks or attitude you like, tell him. It all starts with hello. :smile: Good luck!

A

AM_092

If you work together and see each other often, just let the connection build on it's own. When you flirt, you'll flirt ;-) Maybe you're even doing it already...

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
haha totally forgot about this. I haven't seen him once all semester since the first week. It seems he went into the "school started/ignore everyone mode" the last time I DID see him. I think my mind went in the "other fish in the pond" direction at that point...