Really Long... intro

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by fortiesfun, Jun 3, 2006.

1. fortiesfun

Gold Member

Hi. I’m an almost fifty-year-old (considerably older than most members, I think) bi guy. I’m pretty new here, but have been lurking for a while getting a sense of the site. My professional interests include the male nude in both classical and contemporary art, which is how I first found LPSG, but have found much of interest beyond my initial reason for joining.

I am perfectly respectable in the size department, especially in terms of girth (7.5in x 6.5in, which is about the size of a Red Bull can) but modest enough to know my place in this exceptional environment. If I didn’t, the helpful “penis volume” chart that I found in a recent thread would have explained everything anyway.:smile: It is my experience, not my size, however, that I hope will help me be a useful occasional contributor to the forums. I’ve lived long enough to have been through plenty of stuff: working through embarrassment in my youth about size in a small, repressive, religious hometown which gave me no tools to discuss, well, tools…; overcompensating to the opposite extreme a decade later and getting into exhibitionism and having to get a handle on that (no pun intended); coping with assorted crises over resolving my orientation, and plenty of experience with life along the way. From what I’ve seen so far in the forums, my most useful experience may come from being an active bisexual because that gives me some insights into the different perspectives men and women bring to sex and size.

Here is my Oprah-type moment, the one thing I know for sure: Most people perceive and interpret penis size through a symbolic filter, the existence of which they aren’t even aware. They think of the phallus as a symbol of masculine power and virility, at least unconsciously, and they think bigger means more. (Think of the analogy of a flag: Flying a bigger flag than a neighbor suggests greater patriotism, love of county, etc. We know that, in reality, that just having a flag doesn’t literally mean you are a patriot, or that you love your country, or that you are even a citizen, let alone a bigger one meaning that you are MORE those things than those with smaller flags, or no flag at all. It is just a symbol that implies those things. Still, knowing that doesn’t change your built-in tendency to instantly make the association.) How people react after making the associations has a lot more to do with their feelings about male power and about virility than anything having to do with you personally. Some are awed by power/virility, some angered by it, and lots are intimidated by it. What’s strange is that it doesn’t matter if you actually are or aren’t virile and powerful. They are often dealing with their own issues, not yours.

Here is some of the baggage that comes with associations of having a bigger than average dick that I’ve experienced repeatedly in my life: that I am not too bright, or at very least that I think with my dick. That I am oversexed. That all there is to seduction for me is to take off my pants. That I am a top. That it is gonna hurt, and that I either don’t know or don’t care that my size might be an issue for you. That because I am large, my taste must also be for the large: big-busted women and well-hung men. That my dick is inured to pain, so it is okay to gnaw on it like a cob of corn. That I am conceited about my size and look down on the less well-endowed. That it turns me on to listen to someone talk about (or weirder still, TO) my penis as if it weren’t part of me. That I am not interested in there being an emotional component to sex. You can probably add plenty more…

I’ve gone to the trouble to list a bunch of these, though the list is not anywhere near exhaustive, not because they are necessarily true or false. They are all stereotypes that match MY reality in some cases coincidentally, and more often aren’t true. A couple of misperceptions for example: I have a Ph.D, so I’m not all that dumb. I also happen to have a thing for really small endowments, especially when they are attached to really big, muscular men. (I’m trying to remember who it is that said he was into small dicks on SMALL guys. Was it Alex8 who has the jockey fantasy, maybe?) On the other hand, I DO like big breasts on women, and tend to top. It is just a crapshoot which stereotypes will incidentally turn out to match what is true for me!

I really like LPSG so far because there seems to be lots of interesting discussion. My sense is that lots of these emanates from the collision of our personal realities with the symbolic expectations being foisted on us.

Okay, it scares even me how much time I’ve spent thinking about these things in my life, and my tendency to go on way too long about them. Forgive me. I hope the general tolerance for really long ones around here sometimes applies to introductions! :redface:

2. D_Sheffield Thongbynder

Welcome, fortiesfun. Fom the introduction, I'd say you have plenty to offer to the site.

3. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Welcome, ff! I've a feeling you haven't shot your whole load yet and you have plenty left to offer the forum.

4. Matthew

Gold Member

Welcome to LPSG! Great intro.

5. fortiesfun

Gold Member

Thanks. I appreciate the welcomes!

6. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Wonderful post. Welcome to the site.:smile:

7. RideRocket

Gold Member

Umm, right...

Welcome and enjoy the group!

8. fortiesfun

Gold Member

Thanks again to all. This is a really welcoming community. Nice to be treated so well. I will probably figure this out eventually, but I am surprised by how many moderators there are. Do you each have a special area you are looking after? Where does one look on the site to figure stuff like that out?

9. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

:smile: welcome

10. findfirefox

Gold Member

11. fortiesfun

Gold Member

I've added a couple of photos to my gallery. Not very good ones, I'm afraid, but I am still figuring out my webcam. Anyway, I'm really enjoying LPSG, and trying to catch up on all the old threads in the forums. Lots of helpful and interesting stuff there.

Draft saved Draft deleted