Reason for sizes and size fascination

suaige: While reading an art book, of most major styles in history, I was told that Greeks looked on large balls as a sign of verility. Haven't really studied inot the subject, but the statues in that book sure fit the description.

The Egyptian creation myth had the it being the result of one of the gods JO. It was then all over their art. From the size of their deptions they seemed to think that bigger was better, maybe it made a better world.?.

As far as women in really skimpy clothes, to me it says cheap ho, I find a good fitting outfit that leaves stuff to the imaginatin much more attractive and enticing. I guess the same for guys too. Not too much a voyeurist I guess. I like medium sized breasts, but if you really want to make me druel, the right eyes will make me weak in the knees.

hungthick

Experimental Member
Media
Size is all about vanity.

I doubt very much that the majority of history worshipped big cocks.

No doubt the modern world has a big dick fetish but the assertion that size mattered 2 thousand years ago is absurd.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+Sep 28 2004, 12:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; Sep 28 2004, 12:08 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-RoysToy@Sep 27 2004, 01:03 AM
I can&#39;t imagine a Greek statue hung like any of the dudes shown in our gallery&#33;

I can, and have. Have you ever seen a photo of a statue of Priapus? His penis was always shown huge and erect. Pan was also frequently shown as hung large. Sure, they&#39;re both fertility gods in origin, and the cult of Dionysos exalted the cock. Huge effigies of penes were carried in the opening procession of the greater Dionysia. Strangely, Dionysos himself was usually portrayed as having a teeny peepee. But the Greeks did associate big cocks with fertility and masculinity even though they didn&#39;t view them as being aesthetically pleasing.

My hat is off to you, DMW, for refreshing my memory of large phallic incidents in Greek history. I do recall my female G history teacher going into detail re. the Dionysiac festivals celebrating the worship of the penis. Wow, talk about size queens, so strong that only Gods were endowed&#33;

About the original question, I think people are fascinated by big schlongs because the truly large ones are rare. . . . Viewing a 12" dick is not an everyday occurence for most people . . . . I&#39;m not 12", but I know from experience what obstacles 9" can present. I deal with them, and I don&#39;t really desire to have a smaller cock (well, maybe a bit slimmer), but I&#39;m actually glad that I don&#39;t have to face the challenges imposed by a footlong. Does that mean I&#39;m opposed to looking at a truly huge cock? Not at all. It is a fascination that I think most people share in this &#39;bigger is better&#39; society we live in. Uh ... did I answer the question, or just ramble?

Thanks for your rambling and personal testimonies regarding first hand knowledge and views on this subject, Whopper. You never fail to disappoint&#33;

Luke
[post=257667]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

GottaBigOne

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In my freshmen year art history class in art school my teacher said that the early greek statues were idealized. Youth was one of their ideals so the genitalia reflected the small hairless genitals of prepubescence even if the "person" they were depicting was of a greater age. I&#39;m not too sure how that translaes into the later greek art.

D

deleted111

I think it just boils down to the person.
In society of course the attraction or fascination by large sexual fascets is very common.
I myself for example have a huge penis but I do not like huge penises on other guys.
Even years ago when I had girlfriends, I didnt want them to have huge breasts.

To each their own in my opinion.
Do I think there are guys and girls who find my size impressive and cool, well obviously but that feeling isnt reciprocated from me.

Nate

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by GottaBigOne@Sep 28 2004, 07:33 PM
In my freshmen year art history class in art school my teacher said that the early greek statues were idealized. Youth was one of their ideals so the genitalia reflected the small hairless genitals of prepubescence even if the "person" they were depicting was of a greater age. I&#39;m not too sure how that translaes into the later greek art.
[post=257748]Quoted post[/post]​

I think youth and beauty have been irrevocably linked ever since then. Even now, our models of both genders are heroin-addict skinny and look like they&#39;re 13. I must admit, I do find it hot, but have to pause to wonder how much has been programmed into me by the media (not to mention what I did to myself falling in love with rock stars in the 70&#39;s). I think it&#39;s like DMW said, it&#39;s the chance to get to stare openly at something many people will never even catch a glimpse of. The whole thing about our gallery is exactly that, we are intrigued because it is rare. I&#39;ve been talking to a friend on here recently about objectification, which is sad whether the person is male or female, but I&#39;m glad enough members feel free enough to share photos with the group so we can deal with this curiousity in a healthy and acceptable manner.

hungthick

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora@Oct 2 2004, 08:49 PM
I&#39;m glad enough members feel free enough to share photos with the group so we can deal with this curiousity in a healthy and acceptable manner.
[post=258186]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree I like placing a name with a photo--even if it is just a cock photo.