Reason to keep sperm in the sac...whats you guys thoughts

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by the_1homie, Sep 29, 2007.

1. the_1homie

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    [​IMG]

A Swedish man who donated sperm to a lesbian couple has been ordered to pay child support for their three children.

In the early 1990s the man, now 39, donated his sperm to a woman in a lesbian relationship. She had three sons, the oldest of whom is now 13 years old.

Although the man signed a document confirming he was the biological father of the children, he told the court the women agreed he would not be involved in their upbringing in any way.

But when the women separated, the biological mother of the three boys demanded child support payments from the man.

He went to court but lost the case and the subsequent appeal before taking the matter to the Supreme Court, the highest appeals court in the country.

The Supreme Court has confirmed the earlier rulings, stating that the biological father is required to pay child support to the mother of the three children he indirectly fathered.

2. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    that is insane
    she should get child support from her Lezbian ex...

3. silvertriumph2

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

I agree!

4. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    totally agree! As the kids were raised by the couple who broke up.

5. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Although that's insane, several cases have been tested in the US. And of course, the courts most usually give some really fucked-up decision.

Of course, most but not all cases I've seen here involve same-gender couples, some do not. I guess my point is that the courts have been notoriously variable, inconsistent, and prejudiced in their decisions. They hand down decisions like sometimes holding an adoptive parent, sometimes a biological parent responsible for support; requiring a sperm donor to pay support but denying visitation; denying marriage rights to same-gender couples while they are together, but applying marriage/divorce laws to the couple when they split... the list goes on. It's really sad. I think any person and any couple should much more seriously consider what the hell they are doing before they make babies. That goes for straight, gay, or anything in between. The children are being treated like toys, commodities, flashy cars, and yes, even weapons. It's kinda sick!

6. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree also!

Draft saved Draft deleted