Rebranding Hate in the Age of Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DGirl, Apr 29, 2009.

1. DGirl

Gold Member

Hate Groups Are Benefiting From Obama's Election | Newsweek National News | Newsweek.com

Anyone have any thoughts?
    I went and read TWO of the myspace pages. Th Charles guy was a REAL loser.." I thought that I misspelled words..." My goodness was he a dummy..." Plus, I noticed that he had like 100000 girls as his friends.. It said that he was MARRIED.." Then on top of that, the guy had a load of ASIAN women in his friends list...." GO FIGURE...:rolleyes:

2. B_Mister Buildington

Hm... I can't seem to find the person you're referring to? Maybe you gave the long URL?

3. B_Mister Buildington

wrong URL, even

4. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    This really should be in the Politics forum.

The URL works just fine, it just brings you to the last page of a three-page article. It's all pretty much as I'd expect: the first black president causes a rise in the visibility of white supremacist groups. That's a story that really does write itself.

5. DGirl

Gold Member

Sorry I did not put it in the right area....
    :frown1:

Can it be moved?

6. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

entirely to be expected, especially given how polarizing Obama is

I'm fearful of the synergy of irrational race hatred and genuine concern for what Obama is doing, and not doing (besides other things, for example, Obama's acquiescence to globalism and outsourcing, as described in the article)

7. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    PM a moderator and say "please" :wink:

8. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    You are a fraud. You obviously could not have read the article.

There is not one reference to "globalism and outsourcing" in that article.

(Unless you count Thomas Robb's idea that "favors a program for "voluntary resettlement" to home countries. Illegal immigrants, as well as blacks serving time in prison, should be deported, he says.") :rolleyes:

The people in the story spoke of their worries about illegal immigration, preserving white culture and heritage, and a non-white running the country, but not one word about Obama's acquiescence to anything.

Quit twisting words to suit your own bigoted ends.

9. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

from the article:

" Home foreclosures, unemployment and an inability to obtain credit "could create a fertile recruiting environment," the briefing adds, and extremist groups are aiming to "broaden their scope and appeal through propaganda." The haters are doing their best, in other words, to move out from the fringe and toward the mainstream—and they're boasting some success.

The aim is to attract the kind of person Robb describes as "the guy down the road who until now had his plasma TV and car in the garage, but just lost his job and won't find a new one because some illegal already has it."

One recent recruit, 31-year-old Melissa Cipcic, says she's upset about Americans losing jobs to illegal immigrants.

Sorry I was unclear (although what I said follows logically) the stresses and strains follow from the economic distortion we are currently in -- an economic distortion that various of these groups will (correctly, I feel) see Obama as doing nothing about

It is a given of studies of the impact of globalism that the US worker is losing out, including as a reason, but not limited to, outsourcing

Obama has around him a body of advisers who subscribe to the precepts of globalism (during the campaign, he voiced intentions of doing away with NAFTA; his people were quick to assure the Canadians that would not be happening)

A lot of these groups that besides the immigrants, Obama is doing nothing to protect their interests; as part of that they will emphasize the difference of Obama as someone not only different and indifferent, but as someone contemptuous as well (recall his remarks about clinging to guns and religion, as well as his remarks that this is no longer a Christian nation)

so, yes, Obama is a polarizing figure, and he is doing nothing about immigration (which was hinted at in the article) or globalism
    (which was not hinted at in the article, but follows logically)

10. Principessa

Gold Member

Oh joy, :wink: our resident racist has chosen to rear his head again. :irked: Uhm, the president has yet to be polarizing and I have no idea why you brought up globalism and outsourcing as they have nothing to do with the article in the OP. :confused:

11. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

perhaps because I was thinking in terms of economics, employment, etc ...?

not polarizing!?!?!

darling, please, please, please get in touch with current events

good to see you too! :)yikes:)

#11 B_Nick4444, May 1, 2009
    Last edited: May 1, 2009
  12. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

dudes!

it's all about connections -- logical thinking

cause, effect, consequence

13. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Nick, you need to go back to prep school and take remedial course in writing. Either that, or lay off the booze. 50% of what you've written in this thread is incomprehensible.

"A lot of these groups that besides the immigrants, Obama is doing nothing to protect their interests;".... WTF is that??

As far as logic goes... Well, all I can do is LOL@U.

14. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    :eek:wned22:

You mean like drink too much, post stupid shit, getting pwned?

You've got that whole cause/effect/consequence thing down pat, Nick.

15. DGirl

Gold Member

Thanks PECKER for putting this where I should have in the darn FIRST place!!

16. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    What's funny was during the election the KKK and National Front supported Obama. I guess they recently woke up and realized he was black...

edit: Did anyone else see the photos of houses in the Deep South during the election? Trailers with trucks in the front yard, proudly flying Confederate flags, and OBAMA BIDEN 09 signs! It was hilarious.

17. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

glad I could give you some giggles

the fact remains that the economic distress suffered by large numbers of Americans reposes on the consequences of the policies being followed by Obama -- there is only one context, one economy, one nation ... it is not as if different aspects can be parsed and found irrelevant to the other aspects

you are, in fact, beginning to hear the electorate make the connection (even those segments of the electorate not participating (yet?) in the rhetoric of hate)

see, e.g.,:

In OHIO, though Obama and Clinton will NOT discuss it, the offshore outsourcing of manufacturing/industrial/"factory" jobs has been followed by widespread use of H-1b and L-1 guest worker replacement programs at well known OHIO corporations. Corporations such as (once "Fortune 500") NCR have followed the IBM model and moved *all* engineering/development work offshore

STOP OUTSOURCING AMERICAN JOBS!

Obama's campaign rhetoric wherein he clearly staked out his position in the culture wars, his Administration's failure to follow through on the sloganeering for putting a stop to outsourcing (should he fail to do so), and his failure to do anything about the massive immigration problem, will clearly make him an easy target for others intent on whipping up hate and distrust along racial and other divisions

in fact, if you google with key words "Aryan", "outsourcing", "Obama", "white", you will see the connections being made

(dudes, where I to stop drinking, I'd probably stop logging in here, and you'd miss out on my brilliant, inspiring and life-altering posts :smile:)

#17 B_Nick4444, May 1, 2009
  18. midlifebear

Gold Member

My lovely Nick o' da sixes: "Where" [sic] are you to stop drinking? I'm afraid I have to agree with Vince regarding your writing. Although one can place an adverb after a verb and an adjective after a noun, it's best you first learn how to correctly use them according to the natural rules of English syntax. Once you've successfully conquered that issue, you're more than welcome to try your hand at breaking the rules for "effect." Eventually, I'm sure you'll find your writing voice; a voice that doesn't require your readers to make Grand Canyon-like leaps just to link the concepts you're trying to marry.

Then again, possibly English isn't your first language. If that's the problem I can cut you some prescriptive grammar slack. But,

#18 midlifebear, May 1, 2009
  19. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:

20. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

thanx for the grammar suggestions/lessons -- I'll give them all their due consideration! (smiley of your choice, here)

#20 B_Nick4444, May 1, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted