Rebuilding the Presidency

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't think we know the real story about how, why or who attacked us on 9-11. I think the true story would scare all of us. One thing I'm sure of is no airplane ever crashed into the Pentagon. With all the security and cameras surrounding that place, a large plane would be seen by cameras from a long way away and that never happened. I read once where Pearl Harbor was planned and executed with prior knowledge. I kinda think Laura Bush is sleeping with the real enemy here.
Uh Oh........here come the "conspiracy theorists"!

Elmer Gantry

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
. Kind of like Pearl Harbor in that US Naval Intelligence had broken the Japanese diplomatic code, knew something was up, but probably thought the attack would come in the Phillipines.

Historical correction. The Royal Navy had cracked the code and they passed the warning on, where it was promptly ignored.

B_AZBiGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Conspiracy theories aside, I really want to applaud and thank everyone who's contributed to this thread.

I find myself completely unsure of which candidate I will back. While I feel that Obama would make a statement for race and culture, I worry about his military experience too. Hilary, while a ballbuster, frightens me. John Edwards continues to linger in the back of my mind. You all have given me a lot to think over and some helpful starting points.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The situation is grave and how can a president with little or no military history in his political career handle such a hotbed situation?

Obama has as much relevant military experience as the past two presidents combined.

The Middle East has been a volatile situation for at least 60 years, since 1948, just in recent history. If you pull back and look at things on a longer timeline, things haven't been good there pretty much since the dawn of civilization. Personally I'd rather have an idealist with fresh ideas take a crack at fixing things there than someone beholden to policies and ideas that obviously aren't working. Also Bush has done so much to hurt the United States' credibility (particularly in the Islamic world) and squander international good will that the further removed from the current administration and its practices any new administration is, the better shot they will have at being able to get anything done at all. Obama's over-played-up lack of experience would be an advantage in this respect. He hasn't been around long enough to be seen as tainted by these failed policies and corrupt political dynasties. Nobody had a longer resume than Dick Cheney.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't think we know the real story about how, why or who attacked us on 9-11. I think the true story would scare all of us. One thing I'm sure of is no airplane ever crashed into the Pentagon. With all the security and cameras surrounding that place, a large plane would be seen by cameras from a long way away and that never happened. I read once where Pearl Harbor was planned and executed with prior knowledge. I kinda think Laura Bush is sleeping with the real enemy here.

The real story actually does frighten me. That real story being that there is an alarmingly high percentage of people who actually believe these insane conspiracy theories.