Receiving Anal... Length Vs. Girth

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My wife and I are still fairly new at it, but so far she doesn't like especially deep penetration. She is starting to like the transition feeling of my girth, i.e. <full feel stretched> / <not full feel the absence> / full / not full / etc...

I think length (I should say depth) is becoming interesting to her, but not because of how it feels in the inside. She likes feeling my hips pressed against her rear.

I couldn't take TheBF balls deep without pain and a little bit of blood until we began using a long thinner dildo to dilate me deeper inside. I incorrectly assumed that the anal sphincter was the only issue. Nope. It didn't stop hurting deep inside until we began using thinner dildos to dilate me that were at least as long as his cock before we tried penetration using his penis.

Is this the "second sphincter" I'm hitting? If so, then I should look to see if I still have a long skinny dildo with which to probe that inner hole.

Would those who have experience with the 2nd sphincter please tell us more about the experience of getting it penetrated? How did you do that for the first time (dildo? lover?), what did it feel like, etc.

We were having trouble with a little bit of blood at the very deepest during anal sex and pain for at least the last inch. That problem wasn't solved until we began using dildos to dilate that were at least as long as his cock, as I explained above. After that, no more pain and no blood, just a lot of pleasure. I don't know how much of that pleasurable feeling has to do with the second sphincter, or just the lack of pain that I was experiencing before? How to tell the difference?

Last edited:

louielouie82

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have a pretty specific window of size I can tolerate when I bottom (which I haven't done in many years). No longer than 7.5, and no thicker than 6. Longer and it seems to hit a wall inside me that causes horrific pain, and I instantly lose my boner. Any wider and I just can't physically fit it in. For anal, I actually seem to prefer a shorter, thicker penis. 6-7x5 is just ideal. But that's me.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Earlier in the post someone mentioned a "second hole" at around 8 inches deep...

what is that?

This might explain it better than I can: New To Anal Sex?

jdoe, i think bigcock&titluvr was talking about the "second" (sometimes called "third" sphincter")

Ok everyone, time for a quick anatomy lesson.

Ok so as we all know there is the external sphincter (you have some voluntary control over this one) and then about an inch and a half (give or take) inside is the involuntary sphincter (sometimes called the second sphincter which gets confusing as I am about to explain)

So then you have the rectum which is anywhere from 10-15 cm in length (just under 4 to just under 6 inches). Again this is on average. It is not out of bounds of reason to think that some people may have longer. Hence the 7 to 8 inches some people are reporting before they experience discomfort/pain. Or a louielouie82 said; it feels like it hits a wall. For him he said it was around 7 1/2. Side note to this, I have no idea if these people had measure their partners, and also if someone has a really beefy ass, there may be no way to get one's entire dick in, the cheeks will stop you, so maybe people did measure their guys, but neglected to account for this. I don’t know.

Anyways...at this point, some (for arguments sake) lets say 4 to 8 inches in a person is going to encounter what is commonly called the "second" sphincter (or sometimes "third" if you counted the two at the beginning separately) Perhaps second involuntary sphincter would be more accurate…except it wouldn't. What you are hitting is technically not a sphincter at all, but a band of muscle that acts similar to one.

This is the puborectalis (sometimes called the pubo-rectal sling). It's a band of muscle that wraps around the colon, forming a boundary between the rectum and the sigmoid colon. This muscle is responsible for holding feces back until it is ready to drop into the rectum, where it is stored briefly before being voided. Since it acts very much like what we think a sphincter should act like, that is where the confusion comes in. This is further exacerbated by the fact that it is sometimes called the Sphincter of O'Beirne.

Since this muscle is involuntary, the same rules of penetrating it apply as when one is penetrating the true sphincters. It needs to be relaxed, teased and gently dilated. This is why petite has success when she uses toys that are at least as long as the BF. You notice they don't have to be as thick. This will get the PR muscle to slowly relax and be more accepting of a cock (for those of you who like to finger first to prepare, think of it like in those terms)

Sooooo, going through the PR muscle would have a similar sensation as of gong through a "second" hole.

Hope this helps. Dang that was a lot of info I just gave. I think I will copy it and start a thread of my own with it in there, to reference people to.:biggrin1:

Reactions: SoCalGuy91

Ryder239

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love anal and had a gf awhile back who after being warmed up could take about half of my dick which was sufficiently satisfying for me. It takes extreme patience to work even the head inside my current long-term gf and I get another inch or so in and that's it. She's relaxed, it's just an anatomical issue. But boy does she give great head!

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
jdoe, i think bigcock&titluvr was talking about the "second" (sometimes called "third" sphincter")

Ok everyone, time for a quick anatomy lesson.

Ok so as we all know there is the external sphincter (you have some voluntary control over this one) and then about an inch and a half (give or take) inside is the involuntary sphincter (sometimes called the second sphincter which gets confusing as I am about to explain)

So then you have the rectum which is anywhere from 10-15 cm in length (just under 4 to just under 6 inches). Again this is on average. It is not out of bounds of reason to think that some people may have longer. Hence the 7 to 8 inches some people are reporting before they experience discomfort/pain. Or a louielouie82 said; it feels like it hits a wall. For him he said it was around 7 1/2. Side note to this, I have no idea if these people had measure their partners, and also if someone has a really beefy ass, there may be no way to get one's entire dick in, the cheeks will stop you, so maybe people did measure their guys, but neglected to account for this. I don’t know.

Anyways...at this point, some (for arguments sake) lets say 4 to 8 inches in a person is going to encounter what is commonly called the "second" sphincter (or sometimes "third" if you counted the two at the beginning separately) Perhaps second involuntary sphincter would be more accurate…except it wouldn't. What you are hitting is technically not a sphincter at all, but a band of muscle that acts similar to one.

This is the puborectalis (sometimes called the pubo-rectal sling). It's a band of muscle that wraps around the colon, forming a boundary between the rectum and the sigmoid colon. This muscle is responsible for holding feces back until it is ready to drop into the rectum, where it is stored briefly before being voided. Since it acts very much like what we think a sphincter should act like, that is where the confusion comes in. This is further exacerbated by the fact that it is sometimes called the Sphincter of O'Beirne.

Since this muscle is involuntary, the same rules of penetrating it apply as when one is penetrating the true sphincters. It needs to be relaxed, teased and gently dilated. This is why petite has success when she uses toys that are at least as long as the BF. You notice they don't have to be as thick. This will get the PR muscle to slowly relax and be more accepting of a cock (for those of you who like to finger first to prepare, think of it like in those terms)

Sooooo, going through the PR muscle would have a similar sensation as of gong through a "second" hole.

Hope this helps. Dang that was a lot of info I just gave. I think I will copy it and start a thread of my own with it in there, to reference people to.:biggrin1:

Wow, thank you for the explanation, Nico. :biggrin1:

I think copying it so that you can reference it again is a great idea.

I didn't know all of that when I started, and it probably would have helped a lot to solve the depth problem sooner if I knew all of that information much earlier. :rolleyes: It took tireless trial and error to solve that problem, and now I have an entire collection of dildos for dilating my bottom for anal sex, in a wide range of sizes, from short to long, thin to thick, most in clear jelly. I can be so stubborn when I've put my mind towards attaining a goal sometimes... A win/win situation for both of us. :smile:

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow, thank you for the explanation, Nico. :biggrin1:

I think copying it so that you can reference it again is a great idea.

I didn't know all of that when I started, and it probably would have helped a lot to solve the depth problem sooner if I knew all of that information much earlier. :rolleyes: It took tireless trial and error to solve that problem, and now I have an entire collection of dildos for dilating my bottom for anal sex, in a wide range of sizes, from short to long, thin to thick, most in clear jelly. I can be so stubborn when I've put my mind towards attaining a goal sometimes... A win/win situation for both of us. :smile:

Lol! Well if i had joined just a few months sooner...lol!

Glad I could help now. Tonight i will start a thread and repost this, along with the wonderful info in your posts (like the insert for a min, withddraw for a minute, replace technique)

I will give you co credit for it when i do post it!:biggrin1:

Glad i can be of help though, even if a day late and a dollar short:redface:

I can also let people lmpw that not everyone likes a finger befpre anal, as everyone (besides you and I) keep insisting works wonders:rolleyes: I have the same issues as you do regarding that. It is soooo not the way to ease me into anal! lol Though I can appreciate it a bit later, and sometimes before on rare occasions:redface:

Both of us address it in this thread. Subgirrl and i are joking that you somehow read our PM's becuase i was talking about that with her a couple of nights before you psoted it! :eek: lol I said you have scary pregancy powers that allow you to do these things. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

Crex

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Add me to the list of people that does not enjoy being fingered. Even if my partner is careful not to scrape me, I am always worried that he'll scratch my insides or something. The feel of anyone's finger inside of me, even my own, really turns me off. Weird, I know.

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Add me to the list of people that does not enjoy being fingered. Even if my partner is careful not to scrape me, I am always worried that he'll scratch my insides or something. The feel of anyone's finger inside of me, even my own, really turns me off. Weird, I know.

Yeah I worry about the finger nails too but you can always have the dude wear a surgical glove or put a condom on his finger.

ShoShoShazam

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I enjoy having anal sex with my wife, but she states my girth prevents her from enjoying herself. I consider myself to be average sized with 7 1/2 length and 6 1/2 girth.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Add me to the list of people that does not enjoy being fingered. Even if my partner is careful not to scrape me, I am always worried that he'll scratch my insides or something...
Trust me, you're not worried for nothing. Once, something didn't feel right when I had a finger slipped up in me, and later I found that the "something" was a hang-nail, at the end of a long finger. The aftermath was even worse.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Trust me, you're not worried for nothing. Once, something didn't feel right when I had a finger slipped up in me, and later I found that the "something" was a hang-nail, at the end of a long finger. The aftermath was even worse.

Eeeewwwwwww!!! damn for me so far here have been my complaints with fingering: the rigidity of it. The feeling of the knuckles. The, heaven forbid, rough hands (my guy has smooth hands, but some of my FB`s in the past...) nails (I will cut and file people`s nails myself if need be) Strangely after I am fucked once, I am more receptive and can really enjoy it. and sometimes I do enjoy it before (I like that pain/pleasure thing it elicits) but usually I can only stand it for a short while. Cocks? no prob. Fuck me as long as you want. But fingers? Especially solitary ones? And it`s way more difficult for me. lol Two I can handle better, and 3 are fine. I know, I am some kind of wierd anomoly. lol But now I have this horrible vision of hangnails and blood... Thanks a heap novice! Suddenly surgical gloves are looking good lol

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm here to help. :tongue:

But for you, 2-3 work better? For me, if they twist their fingers, I find that more than one finger "pinches" when they go back and forth. :eek:
...But fingers? Especially solitary ones? And it`s way more difficult for me. lol Two I can handle better, and 3 are fine. I know, I am some kind of wierd anomoly. lol But now I have this horrible vision of hangnails and blood... Thanks a heap novice!...

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm here to help. :tongue:

But for you, 2-3 work better? For me, if they twist their fingers, I find that more than one finger "pinches" when they go back and forth. :eek:

Huh. That doesn't happen to me. Two fingers feels ok, whereas three feels good; these are my fingers which are slender. If they are the ingers on my Guy's bear paws, well two feels good and three feels heavenly!:tongue: One finger I have issues with though sometimes i like the pain/pleasure as I have noted above, and do better with finger play after being fucked.

I don't get any pinching sensation from them being twisted. The best I can offer up is that the rigidity of the finger is more noticeable when my ass is dealing with that minimum girth. A soft pliable toy of similar girth feels odd, but pleasant. I had problems taking an extremely girthy individual. I mentioned it in another thread, but basically it was way uncomfortable/painful. And when that faded it was just numb and did nothing for me.

So it's like I have this happy window for girth where between two of my fingers girth whish is like, I don't know, three to four inches, to about a cock of 6 1/2 inches in girth feels good to great (the great being around 5 to 6) but below is uncomfy and so is above. But below that range the not pleasant feeling doesn't fade away into numbness as it does above that range.

It's like my body, when not stretched past a certain threshold, just feels penetrative sensations clearer, and maybe it's too good/intense till it goes over that threshold, then it numbs a bit and becomes perfect/intense. Then if I cross the next threshold that numbing effect that muted the too much to perfect comes into play more but over mutes the bad/intense down past perfect/intense leaving only numb.

Did that make any sense? It is the best I can come to explaining it this late at night (and yes 9:30pm is late when your day starts at 4 am!)

As for length I don't really care for over 8 real inches. Not with how roughly I like to get fucked! :biggrin1:I have said my length happy range is from 4, 4 1/2in to 7 1/2, 8in, with around 5 to 7in being probably optimal. My current guy is around 8 (he curves left so it's like 7 3/4 on the inner curve and 8 1/4 along the outer curve)

Don't even get me started on the relative pros and cons of ramrod straight vs. curved, or the issues of how somehow a cock can feel to hard (I need to answer that thread tomorrow!:tongue:)