Recent songs you are addicted to

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Flashy, don't ask people questions if you don't want their answers.

I, however, will give you my answer even if you didn't ask me.

The songs stuck in my head right now are:

"Too too too fast"-Ra Ra Riot

"Space and the Woods"-Late of the Pier

"Heartbeat"-The Knife

"Long lapdance song"-T-Pain

"Suspicious Character"-The Blood Arm

"Use Somebody"-Kings of Leon

"The Girls"-Calvin Harris

Yeah, all of them. My mind is like a musical playlist all the time. Songs come and go frequently.

i don't mind your answers.

the selections you provided, i listened to a brief sample of each.

Since i had not heard of any of those bands/artists before, it was an interesting mix.

none are really my style, but all were listenable, and had some nice elements to them, and were not generic garbage.

the heartbeats/knife song someone already posted, and it is an interesting sound.

the difference is that any interesting music, such as you named above, is usually elbowed out of the market place by ridiculous over saturation by people such as Britney Spears.

In a thread such as this, perhaps i did not state specifically enough, which is my error, that i wanted to hear recent addictive songs, that may not be on people's radar, such as you have provided.

Britney Spears does not fall into that category.

mass produced, spears garbage is simply not interesting enough.

frankly, i would rather hear a bunch of folks with banjos, uekelele's if they were serious, since they actually would care about creativity and pushing limits and trying new things, such as the bands whose songs you mentioned...

Britney Spears does none of that...she produces garbage.

I had hoped thisthread would evolve into an "addictive" interesting music thread...not a Britney Spears love-fest from some.

i appreciate your contribution.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To both Flashy and Pieter, I love Britney and Kurt respectively. I think I'm actually one of the few people in the world who actually likes most genres of music and means it.

it is simply not possible to love those two at the same time.

they are the antithesis of each other, and one stands completely opposed to everything the other stands for.

one was a talented genius, the other a contrived, marketed, nominally talented bubble gum artist.

it is simply impossible to truly like them both.

they represent the opposite ends of the spectrum of music and what it means.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OKey cool, your opinion, I think the same with Nirvana, just start another thread about, but keep your thread like you started it.

sorry, simply not possible to look at Nirvana and draw the same conclusions as you can when looking at Britney.

Nirvana helped save and change music, at a time when it was destroyed, by the exact type of garbage, that BRitney Spears represents, and has now brought back to the forefront since the demise of Nirvana.

Nirvana brought back music that mattered, Britney Spears flushed what was left of it down the toilet.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
there is this one song i cannot get out of my head that i heard finally about a week or two ago...and i am now predictably stuck on it...

"Electric Feel" by MGMT...i had never heard of it or them up until a couple of weeks ago, and now i can't get it out of my head

is anyone else stuck on this song? It is good in a bizarre, sort of LSD-meets pop kind of weird way...

YouTube - MGMT - Electric Feel

what else is anyone stuck on songwise?

Production reminds me of Arcade Fire.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight