Recently bottomed for someone HIV+

maneater716

Experimental Member
Media
I really really think this is absolutely crazy everyone here is almost acting like its .... almost no "serious'' worries or its very ''unlikely'' that someone can get infected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!.. yes you can!!!!!! and its ALOT EASIER than everyone is making it seem to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please please get checked for the next 6 months and always always use protection and the right lube!!!!!!!!! AND avoid harsh TOOTH BRUSHING even before unprotected ORAL SEX with a new partner or "hook-up''........ also be aware of ANY TOOTH ACHES or CAVITYS/CRACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS NOT WORTH IT AND SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN LIGHTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know alot of people will say im wrong or make some other smart ass comments but.. sorry its not cool to spread disinfo. or ''suguar coat'' somthing very real and dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!!(hope i spelled all of my rant correctly)

L_egit

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Undetectable" refers to the patient being under a condition known as Sustained Viral Response, or SVR. What this means is that the viral load within the carrier fluid is undetectable by current diagnostics. The response portion refers to the continuing action of the drug regimen as well as the level of efficacious clearing viral particles by the immune system. This, in turn, reduces rate of viral propagation and amplification within the body, which means that less viral particles will reach the secreted fluids.

Because the amount of viral particles within semen is proportional to the amount within the extracellular fluid of the body, the rate of viral transmission in this state is minisculee if it is maintained, especially when a condom is worn.

Given the stigma against HIV positive people, a disclosure of HIV positive status is often times difficult. Under situations of near negligible infectivity, requiring disclosure might amount to a violation of a person's privacy given the lack of substantial risk to their partner. This, however, is dependent on current medical technology and is the central focal point of a canadian law case who's name sadly escapes me.

If you want to do more research and verify the above for yourself, google sustained viral response with HIV. Many of the scholarly articles will deal with HIV/HepC co-infection, but that's mostly because the combination is comparably lethal to HIV before HAART and is still single target transmissible.

Some concerns exist over the status of consent if the condom breaks, or what the required frequency of testing to maintain a reasonable amount of protection for partners entails, but again those factors will vary depending on the technologies of the day.

Last edited:

TheEnforcer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
If he is really "undetectable" (something that may be true or not ... you don't know), and if you used a condom that didn't break, and if it was single case of intercourse, I'd say your likelihood of becoming infected is miniscule.

Sure, you should get tested, just to remove all doubt.

But in your shoes, I'd try not to get too, too worried in the meantime ... and be a bit more careful in future.

I felt the need to clarify some misinformation. I used to be an HIV/Sex-Health Educator for about 7 years. What undetectable really means is that that persons individual viral load is at a low number. More in depth: The overall number of healthy white blood cells (T-cells) per milliliter outweigh the number of infected T-cells.

This is not an implicator of wether or not the risk of infecting someone is high or low. As we know, HIV is a very cowardly disease. It only takes one infected cell to latch on to a receptor on the T-cell to infect it. It's kinda like zombies. With one bite, they got you.

We can sit here and guess and speculate the risk, but the only sure fire way to know is to get tested every 3 months if you are sexually active, and every 6 months if you are not so active.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I really really think this is absolutely crazy everyone here is almost acting like its .... almost no "serious'' worries or its very ''unlikely'' that someone can get infected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!.. yes you can!!!!!! and its ALOT EASIER than everyone is making it seem to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please please get checked for the next 6 months and always always use protection and the right lube!!!!!!!!! AND avoid harsh TOOTH BRUSHING even before unprotected ORAL SEX with a new partner or "hook-up''........ also be aware of ANY TOOTH ACHES or CAVITYS/CRACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS NOT WORTH IT AND SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN LIGHTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know alot of people will say im wrong or make some other smart ass comments but.. sorry its not cool to spread disinfo. or ''suguar coat'' somthing very real and dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!!(hope i spelled all of my rant correctly)

What's your basis for claiming any expertise?

SCSea

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I felt the need to clarify some misinformation. I used to be an HIV/Sex-Health Educator for about 7 years. What undetectable really means is that that persons individual viral load is at a low number. More in depth: The overall number of healthy white blood cells (T-cells) per milliliter outweigh the number of infected T-cells.

This is not an implicator of wether or not the risk of infecting someone is high or low. As we know, HIV is a very cowardly disease. It only takes one infected cell to latch on to a receptor on the T-cell to infect it. It's kinda like zombies. With one bite, they got you.

While this may have been true at one point, the volume of peer-reviewed research that indicates that transmission risk plateaus at high viral levels (100,000 copies is no more infective than 10,000) and falls off dramatically at low levels (10 is 99% lower than 100, not 90% lower) is overwhelming. The experience in places like Vancouver BC and Sydney, where access to HAART is near-universal confirms that treatment as a transmission-reduction strategy works. Review the two papers I cited in my earlier post; they are considered the definitive works on risk of transmission in anal sex.

Incidentally, it's not one particle. It's almost impossible to demonstrate HIV infections in primate models with less than 10,000 viral particles.

I don't mean to diminish the seriousness of HIV infection. But in the Original Poster's case (protected buttsecks with a HAART user), the risk is so many places to the right of the decimal by even the most conservative estimates that he should be able to relax.

When outdated misinformation on HIV transmissibility is spread, people get fatalistic..."Oh, I've already taken five loads in my ass, I must have it". THen they start acting extra-irresponsibly because they've got nothing to lose.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

SC

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
emphasis mine:
"Undetectable" refers to the patient being under a condition known as Sustained Viral Response, or SVR. What this means is that the viral load within the carrier fluid is undetectable by current diagnostics. The response portion refers to the continuing action of the drug regimen as well as the level of efficacious clearing viral particles by the immune system. This, in turn, reduces rate of viral propagation and amplification within the body, which means that less viral particles will reach the secreted fluids.

Because the amount of viral particles within semen is proportional to the amount within the extracellular fluid of the body, the rate of viral transmission in this state is minisculee if it is maintained, especially when a condom is worn.

Given the stigma against HIV positive people, a disclosure of HIV positive status is often times difficult. Under situations of near negligible infectivity, requiring disclosure might amount to a violation of a person's privacy given the lack of substantial risk to their partner. This, however, is dependent on current medical technology and is the central focal point of a canadian law case who's name sadly escapes me.

If you want to do more research and verify the above for yourself, google sustained viral response with HIV. Many of the scholarly articles will deal with HIV/HepC co-infection, but that's mostly because the combination is comparably lethal to HIV before HAART and is still single target transmissible.

Some concerns exist over the status of consent if the condom breaks, or what the required frequency of testing to maintain a reasonable amount of protection for partners entails, but again those factors will vary depending on the technologies of the day.
I agree that the stigma toeards hiv positive people is horrid. I agree that we shouldn't instate laws that would turn into witchhunts. I disagree that we shouldn't prosecute those who knowingly would attempt to put someone at risk, without the other party's knowledge.

I highlighted the portion I did becuase though safer sex combined with an undetectable load (if he WAS on his meds which he could have been lying about, and remember his results are only as good as the last test itself due to various factors such as adherance to med schedule if on them or if not you could have that lovely oh everything is fine then a week later BLAM viral load goes through the roof but you haven't been tested again so you don't know yet, and your doc hasn't begun meds yet) is a pretty good way to avoid contracting HIV. I always assume that any partner is HIV pos (or is possibly) until a year after joint check ups with results read in front of both parties.

However the guy the OP was seeing KNEW he was HIV pos, and HE was the one who was pushing for the bareback sex without disclosing status. His "right to privacy" just went out the window. Just glad the OP was smart enough to require that condom be put on.

Yes we should approch with compassion. But compassion does not grant a person carte blanche to jeopordize others without some reprecussions, whether legal or social. None of the HIV pos people I know would dream of doing something like this. And they have expressed the fear of rejection (which is sadly grounded in reality). But they also wouldn't want another person going through what they are going through.

Of course people who take no care of thier own personal well being on the other side of this equation, say a person who barebacks and doesn't worry about a partners HIV status, well if they contracted it and whined to me, they would find a very unsympathetic person. Takes to to tango.

To everyone: educate yourselves, take precuations to be as safe as possible, and have fun. And don't stigmatize those who have the virus. There but for the grace of (insert diety or concept here) go I, right?

Final note: There are also a lot of partners who lovingly manage a fuflling life while being sero opposite. They wouldn't have found their soulmates if they had been narrow minded and bigoted :smile:

edit:I realised how harsh i sounded in saying I would have no sympathy for someone who barebacked and contracted the virus. I should specify that i am not talking about thoe who were duped into it, thought they were safe with a single partner, or had that partner cheat on them. Nor those who have depressive or self esteem issues that may have contrbuted to risky behaviour. But I know a dude, well adjusted and educated, who has been ridiculously unsafe and has had a few bad scares and I just couldn't muster the sympaty for him. By his own admittance in the long as confessionals I sat through, he was just of the"condoms don't feel good" or "it's hotter without them" mentallity. So people of his bent were more the ones I had in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

yoursgetsmine

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Do yourself a big favor and get the proper testing, because at this point, you'll probably cause yourself more harm (both mentally and physically) by stressing and obsessing over this. Once tested, then do again in a few months....and I'm guessing you'll test negative..BUT with all the variables it's always going to be like playing Russian Roulette or like "hitting the lottery" because no matter how remote the odds are of winning the lottery, someone always does!

You'll never know what you hear from someone is true and not even always what you see first hand.......and unless you confine your activities to jerking off on the INTERNET there will always be a risk "out there" My problem is, I see a HUGE dick and I get weak in the knees and in the mind!! Good luck.....

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i meant to say HIV.. if you perform oral sex on someone with HIV, are the chances you get it high?

No. The chances are very slim. You would need an open sore in your mouth. and even if you did, and he came or precummed in your mouth, the fluids would need to get into said open sore.

big_funstudd11

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
i have not read this entire thread. nor will i, but i will say this one thing.... what he did was ILLEGAL!!!! pending on your state and local laws, as long as he have been properly tested and been told by proper authorities and doctors. he's more or less binded by laws and he HAS TO TELL YOU before sex that he is HIV + regardless of his meds or detectability, thats horrible that he would even jeopardize you that way!!! if you really wanted too, you could go to the police and report him! and they can and will arrest him on serious charges....and yes ive dealt with this kind of stuff first hand because someone in my distant family was infected by a guy that did it on purpose!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND BE TESTED AND REPORT HIM TO THE PROPER AUTHORITIES!!! ESPECIALLY THE CDC AND/OR LOCAL TESTING CLINIC!!!! BE SAFE MY FRIENDS!!!!

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i have not read this entire thread. nor will i, but i will say this one thing.... what he did was ILLEGAL!!!! pending on your state and local laws, as long as he have been properly tested and been told by proper authorities and doctors. he's more or less binded by laws and he HAS TO TELL YOU before sex that he is HIV + regardless of his meds or detectability, thats horrible that he would even jeopardize you that way!!! if you really wanted too, you could go to the police and report him! and they can and will arrest him on serious charges....and yes ive dealt with this kind of stuff first hand because someone in my distant family was infected by a guy that did it on purpose!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND BE TESTED AND REPORT HIM TO THE PROPER AUTHORITIES!!! ESPECIALLY THE CDC AND/OR LOCAL TESTING CLINIC!!!! BE SAFE MY FRIENDS!!!!

While I don't condone his actions, and the substance of your comment is correct- that what he did was wrong- it takes two to tango, and there is enough information out there that people should ASK their partners whether they are poz or not. Whatever the answer is, insist on using a condom. Better yet, assume everyone is HIV+ and use a condom. People need to take charge of their own health.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
While I don't condone his actions, and the substance of your comment is correct- that what he did was wrong- it takes two to tango, and there is enough information out there that people should ASK their partners whether they are poz or not. Whatever the answer is, insist on using a condom. Better yet, assume everyone is HIV+ and use a condom. People need to take charge of their own health.
I totally agree....and didn't I say that earlier? lol! knowing me it was rambling and got lost in the ramble:redface: Thankfully the OP DID insist on using a condom. I did say waaaaayyyyyy earlier that he should prob take this as a cue and not play with anyone who requests bareback sex so early in a relationship, nor one who keeps pushing if you insist on condom use. That is an automatic get dressed and get out.

I will say that had he asked before hand there is a good chance that this particular individual would have lied through his teeth, but thats why I agree that one should just assume everyone is poz and play safe accordingly. As for this heinous individual? He should be held acocuntable for his actions. I see that he knowingly would risk transmission of HIV to a guy as tantmount ot endangerment to attempted murder. I still am skeeved out by the fact that he tried it with a young, inexperienced guy. Did he think he would be able to get one by, just once? I wholeheartedly support my pos brethren, but creep is a creep, poz or neg, and should be held accountable for their actions.

Not everyone is a honest as the members here who are poz (well those of you I have spoken to, beit on the threads, pm or visitor message). To bad, cuz you guys rock. :hug:

edit: even those of you who apparently think me an ass, and "fucking inappropriate"

Last edited by a moderator:

speshk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Apart from imprisonment, tattoos are in order for those who endanger others by not disclosing their positive status prior to risky behavior. TBH, my first instinct is serious violence. :mad:

Last edited:

travis7

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Not telling you n a chat room I can understand, but he should have told you before even meeting.
Stay alert and use a condom and know when it's on and off. You did great.
Now block the prick.

Shawn152

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What an A-Hole! He deserves to be decked for that! I mean yeah you should have asked him up front BEFORE you slept together which is a HUGE mistake on your part but for him to know he's positive and know it's your first time bottoming. He should have told you. The audacity of him to even ask you to bareback when he didn't even tell you he's positive is appalling. Jerk!!! Next time be more careful dude. Especially hooking up with someone on the net