Recently Circumcised - I HATE it.

CircumcisedRyan

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As you can guess from my username, my name's Ryan and I'm circumcised.
I'm 24 and I was circumcised in November 2007 (3 months ago).

I suffered with a tight foreskin for several years which was causing me pain during sex. The doctor recommended i have it removed. He told me I only need the tip removing where it was tight.

On the day of my circumcision, i saw the surgeon beforehand and he told me it is usual to remove the entire foreskin not just the tip to reduce the chance of infection after the operation. So he removed all my foreskin.

The big problem I've got now is that there is no sensitive skin left. The skin from my shaft was pulled right down and stitched just behind the head of my dick. From reading about circumcision styles I think this is called a low and tight cut. It is tight but I don't think it's too tight as it's not painful when i get an erection.

My glans has lost feeling in it over the last few weeks. In the first couple of weeks after my circumcision it was very sensitive and I had no problems the first few times I had sex (I had to wait until it healed before having sex). It felt different than before but I enjoyed it and got off ok.
A few weeks later and the texture of my glans toughened up. It's now rough and leathery and isn't giving me pleasure during sex. It's as though it's gone almost numb and has lost its sensitivity. My doctor says it's normal for this to happen. I've tried using lube but it doesn't make any difference. I get an erection easily but it's as if I haven't got enough feeling to get off, either when i have sex or have a wank.

I constantly get the feeling my glans needs to be covered up but I have no skin left to roll down over it. It's constantly chafing in underwear. I usually wear boxers but after being circumcised I found my penis was moving around a lot and wondered if this was desensitising my glans. I've changed to wearing a jockstrap and although this stops my penis from moving, my glans constantly touching the material and it's turned a sort of greyish colour as a result. Again my doctor says this is common.

For other guys who were circumcised as adults, have you also found a similar thing and what the hell can I do to get the feeling back in the head of my dick. I know some guys try foreskin restoration but this can take months or years and to be honest I don't think I've got enough skin left to try this.
I'm perfectly happy with the way my dick looks. I've got a scar just behind the head of my dick but it is gradually fading and know it will fade more given time. I've no problem with the way my dick looks, it's the loss of feeling I cannot get used to. It's affecting me during sex in that I cannot get off. It's so frustrating. I have sex most days but i'm not getting a sexual release. I HATE being circumcised.

Has anyone else had the same problem and if so how do you cope with the loss of feeling ?
Any advice would be good to hear.
Also feel free to leave me a private message.
Cheers guys
Ryan.

smudgey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Oh man, that sucks mate! I really hope everything pans out ok, hopefully it's just a temporary side-effect.

What to do?

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ryan,

What you are describing is the typical response to male circumcision. It is mostly a result of the keratinization. Here is a brief overview of it:

The glans (penile head) is normally an internal organ protected by the moist mucosal tissue of the prepuce (foreskin). Without the foreskin, the glans is exposed to the outer environment (air, soap, clothing, sun, etc.). The glans dries out and develops several extra layers of skin (keratinization). Compare the dry, cracked appearance of the glans of a circumcised penis (upper right) with the moist mucosal end of the glans of an intact penis (lower right). The unnatural dryness of the circumcised penis can cause abrasion and bleeding during sex, whereas the moistness of the intact penis makes sex more comfortable, especially during penetration. For women with circumcised male partners, the problem of 'vaginal dryness' during sex may also be partly attributable to the unnatural dryness of the circumcised penis.
Besides removing the densely nerve-laden foreskin, circumcision removes 50% of the penile shaft skin and associated nerve endings. The exposed glans then keratinizes, causing further loss of sensation. Many circumcised men in the Awakenings survey reported that desensitization caused them to abandon or bypass the subtler pleasures of genital foreplay in favor of immediate intercourse, which would offer them greater stimulation. They often hurried through intercourse, however — often needing extraordinary and sometimes violent thrusting — to obtain sufficient stimulation for both pleasure and orgasm. Other men reported frequent reliance on behaviors offering more stimulation than vaginal sex (e.g., oral sex, anal sex or masturbation) or compensating for diminished quality of sexual response with quantity (sexual compulsivity).
Eventually, keratinization occurs even after adult circumcision. It can also occur in intact men with short foreskins or those who habitually wear their foreskin in the retracted position.

Another major part of circumcision is removal of the frenulum:

The frenulum is a web of tissue connecting the foreskin to the underside of the glans (similar to the frenulum under the tongue or the upper lip). The penile frenulum is densely nerve-laden and is described as a male 'G-spot' — a very erogenous part of the penis. Circumcision often destroys the frenulum.

Unfortunately, you have had the experience of having an intact penis first, so you have a true comparison. Obviously, I don't have a penis, but I could only assume that finding new nerve dense spots would increase the stimulation and help you to reach full satisfaction. I have had many clients who were unhappy with adult circumcision. I think it is simply a matter of accommodating with the understanding that it will never be the same, but rather a different tool to learn to use.

Good luck!

I got this info from:
How to Identify Circumcision Damage in the Adult Male
If you want to look at the pictures???
It can be found pretty much anywhere, though.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm sorry dude. I'd recommend you give it some time. I mean, it has only been three months and it can take time for nerves to reorganize themselves. It may also take time for your brain to start making sense of the new information coming to it.

I had a partner who was circumcised and just needed a lot of lube. Like, a lot a lot. He had the same kind of cut as you described, though his was done as an infant.

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
At least you weren't cut so tight that it hurts to get a hardon. A friend of mine was cut when he was 38 or so. Around 10 years ago. He says that the operation is NOT anything anyone wants to go through. His healing period was 8 weeks. He was off from work for 6 weeks. His cock head, being permanently uncovered, was very sore for a long time until it started losing its sensitivity. Now, he can hardly feel a thing with it. Oddly enough, he says that he cums so much more quickly. Before the operation 1.5-2 hours or so was what he needed to get off. Now 20 minutes is all it takes. He is very well hung, 9x6.5. Before the
circ his wife could take his dick. Afterwards, she says now it hurts.
He says too, that sex hurts because the Dr. took so much skin that it hurts to gets a hardon still. The Dr. said that he would just have to get used to it.

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
Oh, there was an alternative surgery. I don't know what it is called but it is a whole lot better than circumcision for a tight foreskin.

A good friend of mine had it done. All the Dr. did was make a small lenghtwise cut on the underside of his dick. It healed in just a few days. His foreskin still covers the glans and there is no loss of sensitivity nor any other side effect of circumcision.

oldick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You confirm all my fears about "the Cut"
My foreskin is the most sensitive part, it should never be removed. Your doc should have suggested stretching, even with an aneasthetic, it would have been better. This should be illegal.

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Im so sorry to hear this, I really am.

I dont think being cut is a must in 2007/8. It's barbaric and should only be needed in the worst of situations.

I myself had a milder form of Phimosis, a tighter foreskin, so much so, I never saw my glans til i was well in my teens but i opted to stretch it rather than cut it off.

Bloody doctors dont offer this information as freely as they should.

This photo is of a Phimotic ring, like i had, where a tight skin constricts your cock if you pull it back too far and trust me, it hurts like shit.

The other is of how much a foreskin can be stretched to counter this problem. Yes it takes time, hurts and must be done slowly and gently but ultimatly, you keep your skin, health glans and fix the problem.

Just look at my gallery photos. I have a great loose roomy skin now and im so pleased i never even considered getting cut.

Your story has made me so upset for you.

Attachments

What to do?

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
RugbyPup,
Did you use the Lisaar Method? I have heard it is not very painful and very effective within weeks. I had wondered, but never met anyone that had put it to the test.

Actually foreskin restoration isn't painful and if the man in that second picture continues to restore then the restored skin will naturally close over the glans as if he were intact. Doctors can't even tell a restored foreskin from an intact one without withdrawing the foreskin and seeing the scars.

Guys with low and tight circumcisions have restored successfully but it takes a while. I suggest you post a picture so that we can look and see what you have to work with. We can go from there.

Hang in there Ryan!

National Organization of Restoring Men (NORM)

What to do?

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, there was an alternative surgery. I don't know what it is called but it is a whole lot better than circumcision for a tight foreskin.

A good friend of mine had it done. All the Dr. did was make a small lenghtwise cut on the underside of his dick. It healed in just a few days. His foreskin still covers the glans and there is no loss of sensitivity nor any other side effect of circumcision.

I think you are talking about a dorsal slit with a transverse closure.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ryan, this is terrible! If it doesn't improve substantially you may want to think carefully about whether your doctor and/or the surgeon fullly explained these possible consequences well enough for you to give informed consent. My implication is that you may well have grounds for a successful lawsuit. It wouldn't really help you but a few of these would go a long way toward deterring physicians from doing this unlesss all other possible options have been tried first. This foundation specializes in these cases.
arclaw.org
Dave

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
RugbyPup,
Did you use the Lisaar Method? I have heard it is not very painful and very effective within weeks. I had wondered, but never met anyone that had put it to the test.

No, the internet wasnt as avalable then as it is now and information wasnt easy to obtain. I was self taught from medical and health books at the library because even as little as ten years ago, compared to today, young men, who feel a bit isolated anyways, do not talk about their cock or problems with it.

I stretched it myself, were as today there is help, advice and gadgets to help you, I had my fingers, bathroom objects and pulling the ring over my glan and forcing myself erect, little by little.

It was painful and this pup cried more than once but i never over did it and took my time and saved myself the so called only option of being cut for phimosis.

Nowadays, you can jump on the net and talk to other men about their cocks without blinking an eye. Anyone thinking of getting cut should research it completly and never, NEVER be afraid to make the medical proffession stop and answer you or explain something to you in full.

Skinning a man is never right, there is no medical need for it, bar the most dire of medical situations. We were designed to have a foreskin and it is not an unhealthy redudent appendix to be cut away. I feel sorry for cut men, although most have no choice and simply learn to live without one, it was never intended to not to be there. It is as barbaric to me as cutting off a finger at birth because it might get dirty or look different to the others. It's gross.

What to do?

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ryan, this is terrible! If it doesn't improve substantially you may want to think carefully about whether your doctor and/or the surgeon fullly explained these possible consequences well enough for you to give informed consent. My implication is that you may well have grounds for a successful lawsuit. It wouldn't really help you but a few of these would go a long way toward deterring physicians from doing this unlesss all other possible options have been tried first. This foundation specializes in these cases.
arclaw.org
Dave
I would have to agree! Circumcision for phimosis is considered to be archaic and usually only performed by the older doctors who are not keeping up with the times. I even saw where it was considered outdated in 1995 because of the longitudinal circumcisions (precursor to the dorsal slit with no removal of foreskin) A quick Google search indicates that the most common treatment for it now is a topical steroid cream (which I hadn't heard of) that thins the skin and helps build tissue to allow stretching. I feel that you were not properly informed and have valid grounds for a lawsuit to at least provide you some compensation and prevent these doctors from continuing on. There are numerous lawsuits dealing with circumcision that are successful. Yours seems like a more valid claim than many I see due to lack of alternative information. It is INFORMED CONSENT that you are giving for a medical procedure...if you are not informed then you can't give informed consent.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Another satisfied customer. Really really sorry brother. I only wish you could have educated yourself sooner. I know a guy named Dennis Hagelin. Exactly the same thing happened to him. He was told he would get a conservative cut - then they sutured his shaft skin to his glans basically. He sued for an undisclosed amount (gag order) and won. I could probably put you in touch with him.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ryan,

My advice is: give it time. Three months isn't enough to become acclimated to such a change. For the most part you're stuck with it and there's not much you can do about it. I'm not being intentionally harsh, I want you to be realistic.

I see little chance of you getting recourse from the surgeon; it appears you agreed to what he advised. In the case of Mr Hagelin, more was removed than what was agreed to.

Foreskin restoration takes years not months. It's something to consider but be aware that it's a long process. You need a lot a motivation to stick with it. Your frenulum and some other parts are gone forever; so you'll never have again what you had.

Give it some time. Your sexual response might improve after you've gotten acclimated to it.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Yes it will take time for the nerves and brain to reassociate feelings because things are so drastically different now. Hearing stories of what it is like to be uncircumsized and how proud men are of their foreskin, makes me 100% sure i'd not circumsize my son.

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Yes it will take time for the nerves and brain to reassociate feelings because things are so drastically different now. Hearing stories of what it is like to be uncircumsized and how proud men are of their foreskin, makes me 100% sure i'd not circumsize my son.

A future thank you on a mans behalf.