Recipes...

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
@rbkwp if I could ship you some good sir I would just to see what kind of redeeming ways you can come up with :p

I shalt send you Financials for the Postage and start the redeemeth process by a THOUSAND good wishes for your Festives

Now to post this as the 1000th, and hopefully beat Admin ny, who has diligently covered this thread ha

oh well enid beat me
anyway i dont belong here, i feel i am putting on weight just by the reading of all these fine food recipes!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
@Nudie - One should not mention a secret cookie recipe if it's a secret because then nosey people will want to know such said secret cookie recipe. :p
If you want the recipe I'll tell you... but then I'll have to kill you... Muhahahahahaha! Seriously I think it's the most expensive time consuming cookie in the universe. I think I'm the only one left alive (who knows what to do so they turn out) that is crazy enough to make them.

If you want the recipe I'll tell you... but then I'll have to kill you... Muhahahahahaha! Seriously I think it's the most expensive time consuming cookie in the universe. I think I'm the only one left alive (who knows what to do so they turn out) that is crazy enough to make them.

well if you have to go through all of the trouble of killing me then I should at least get something out of the deal right? :p ;}

@rbkwp if I could ship you some good sir I would just to see what kind of redeeming ways you can come up with :p

I shalt send you Financials for the Postage and start the redeemeth process by a THOUSAND good wishes for your Festives
!

Just for humour I went to UPS to see how much it would in fact cost to send cookies to NZ and just a random guess on the weight and size of the box to send it in. The rough estimates came out to be $290 US dollars:eek:. Hahahahaha.

:p

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OMG

CANCELED

1 good wish only ha
you have destroyed my Xmas Spirit FSU
(well UPS post has hah)
was figuring 40$ NZ, damn

Holy Night in a Henry Fonda Western now, a lot cheaper??

ski trip in NZ next July if you Fedex (About $35.00 USD) them to Hawaii I'll drop them off for you! Probably get there around the same time

awwwwww
Thats cute ha
I had heard Americans are downright Generous persons ha

1001 GOOD Festive wishes re-instated ha

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just for humour I went to UPS to see how much it would in fact cost to send cookies to NZ and just a random guess on the weight and size of the box to send it in. The rough estimates came out to be $290 US dollars:eek:. Hahahahaha.

:p

You could ship them on the slow boat but I'm planning a ski trip in NZ next July if you Fedex (About $35.00 USD) them to Hawaii I'll drop them off for you! Probably get there around the same time.

I tend to think Americans are generous. Now nudie Idk if I can trust you not to eat the man's cookies. You just got through mentioning the idea of killing me. Yeah the estimated time for delivery through ups was like Dec 14th, 2012 I believe.....

@rbkwp I hate that it ruined your xmas spirit. Blame ups or the fact the continents drifted apart.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I tend to think Americans are generous. Now nudie Idk if I can trust you not to eat the man's cookies. You just got through mentioning the idea of killing me. Yeah the estimated time for delivery through ups was like Dec 14th, 2012 I believe.....

So long as the aircraft is not held on the tarmac for an extended period of time I have tremendous restraint when it comes to goodies intended for someone else. When security was not as tight as it is now with what you are allowed to carry on a flight I was known for transporting cakes from Payard Bakery in NYC to dinner parties in the LA area.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
One of the things that I always have on hand in my refrigerator are Preserved Meyer Lemons It's a staple for Moroccan cuisine but I also use it for making mayonnaise, vinaigrette dressing but one of my all time favorite meal is Lemon Risotto with Soft-Shell Crabs.
This is honestly one of the easiest things to make next to ice cubes and you will find so many uses for it if you have it on hand. (I go through about a jar every month or so)
This makes two pints
10 Meyer lemons
1/2 cup kosher salt
Bring two wide mouth pint jars with the bands to a boil in a pot fitted with a rack and boil for 10 minutes. Remove jars with tongs and keep hot in an oven heated to about 200 degrees (This allows the jars to dry and keeps them hot and sterilized). Simmer new lids in a pan of water for a few minutes to soften the rubberized flange.
Cut six of the lemons into wedges and distribute them between the two jars. Add three tablespoons of salt per jar. Juice the remaining four lemons and top each jar with another tablespoon of salt. Distribute the juice between the two jars and make sure that the lemons are covered with juice. If you see air bubbles on the side slide a sterilized butter knife in to release.
Set on the lids and screw on the bands fingertip tight. Set the jar on your kitchen counter or pantry and let it ferment for two weeks. (If you are not using Meyer lemons then let them set for four weeks because the skins are much tougher) Turn the jar upside down every other day so the salt stays evenly distributed. The lemons will become soft and the salt and lemon juice will become syrupy. Transfer the fermented jars to the refrigerator where they will hold for up to six months (I've never had two jars last more than three months because I use it for so many things)
To use remove a lemon wedge and scrape off the seeds. If you see white stuff on the lemons don't worry it's just the precipitate from the salt and oil from the pith. With Meyer lemons you don't need to remove the pith because the flesh mostly disintegrates into the syrup. (If you use regular lemons scrape off the pith)

If you use regular lemons you will need a few more for juicing. If the lemons feel hard then soak them in room temperature water for about 15 minutes. To get the most juice possible from any lemon; boil it for two minutes and let it cool then juice.

Reactions: deleted1264960

Hey nudie I'm in a bit of a dilemma I going to brine a turkey for xmas. And I know this subject has been covered by you and me before. I'm thinking I want to tackle a a full turkey and not a turkey breast. I feel the skin might be easier to work with after the brine to loosen it up more so than it would with a turkey breast. Plus, I want to get more meat from it I cooked around a 9-10lb turkey breast for thanksgiving and I need more meat for xmas. I'm concerned about the difference in a full turkey and a turkey breast. Things like over cooking the wings or dark meat, do I truss it or not, do I tin foil it or not, and any other advice.
I ask you nudie because I like your opinions and how you cook but anyone else can answer.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I really believe in brining a whole turkey only. I'm not sure it would really work properly with a breast. Trust me and follow this to the letter and you will have the best turkey ever. (I cut the wings off to make stock and I always truss even if I'm roasting a chicken)http://www.lpsg.com/325943-happy-thanksgiving-lpsg-3.html#post4437779

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Ceviche Veracruzano

A guaranteed hit at parties. It keeps well, up to two days, and should be served with tostada chips and ice-cold beer. If black drum or redfish isn't available, you can use red snapper, tilapia, or trout.

Makes 6 servings

1 pound skinned black drum or redfish fillets, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
juice of 8 large limes (about 1/2 cup)
4 to 5 pickled jalapenos, drained (or fewer for a milder dish)
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
leaf lettuce for lining dish
avocado slices
lime wedges

Place fish cubes in a nonreactive bowl and pour lime juice over them; toss to coat well. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon. Chop jalapenos and add them to the fish, along with tomatoes, oil, and seasonings. Toss well and drain. Serve chilled in a bowl or footed glass lined with lettuce leaves and garnished with avocado slices and lime wedges.

Bean_head

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
For you chocoholics;

Made these a few weeks ago and it is soo easy and goes off a treat. Warning; these are really rich and highly addictive.

I do recommend a melon baller and it makes rolling them less messy and alot easier.

- 300ml double cream
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped (minimum 65% cocoa solids)
- 1 tsp salt
- Cocoa powder

1. Place the cream in a pan over a medium heat and bring up to a simmer.

2. Melt the chocolate in a large bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.

3. When the cream is simmering, remove the pan from the heat, add the salt, and add to the melted chocolate a third at a time, making sure that the cream is thoroughly incorporated after each addition. Allow to cool slightly.

4. Pour the chocolate mixture on to the lined tray and leave to stand at room temperature for 4 hours, then place in the fridge for 5-6 hours or until set.

5. Using a small melon baller, scoop balls of the chocolate out of the ganache then roll in cocoa powder before serving.

Note: I split mine into 3 bowls once mixed, left to stand and added Amaretto to one bowl, Baileys to the other (you can use any liqueur) and left one plain. I then used the melon baller and cocoa powder as the above instructions.

Delicious quite sweet luxurious bites for a party or in nice boxes as xmas treat gifts.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thank you for the recipe Bean_head I'll give it a whirl during the holidays I usually take something like this to a party as a gift in a pretty box this time of year. I make a variety of candy including chocolate covered almond paste, dried fruit candy, truffles and chocolate ganache (which seems to be the two favorite) and there are a number of variations you can apply to both recipes. (There are a few tools you can buy at gourmet stores that make preparing and dipping candy easier and I highly recommend them if you are going to make chocolates regularly)(I started with needles and chop sticks and the right tools really do make a big difference)

Ganache Triangles (makes about 45)
10 oz chocolate couverture
3.5 oz cream
1 tsp glucose syrup
Dip in tempered milk chocolate couverture
Pipe with tempered dark chocolate couverture

Melt the couverture over hot water, bring the cream to a boil with the glucose syrup and stir into the couverture. Pour in a blender and process throughly. Pour into a rectangular mold placed on parchment paper on a baking sheet and let set overnight. Carefully remove the chocolate with the parchment from the baking sheet and cut three strips lengthwise and then diagonally to make 45 triangles and then dip in the milk chocolate and let set, spoon some dark chocolate couverture into a pastry bag and pipe fine strands of the dark chocolate over the triangles.

Reactions: deleted1264960

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow just when I thought I had every possible gizmo I could ever need in the kitchen! I just opened a Hanukkah gift that was delivered today (I had to open it in case it was something perishable) Inside was a book, DVD and a starter kit so I can try this...Molecular Gastronomy by MOLECULE-R __ Cuisine R-EVOLUTION - I'll report back but it looks fun!

Last edited: