1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 cups milk
1/4 cup butter
2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 pinch paprika

Directions

Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Drain.

In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in enough flour to make a roux. Add milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly. Stir in cheeses, and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick. Put macaroni in large casserole dish, and pour sauce over macaroni. Stir well.

Melt butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and brown. Spread over the macaroni and cheese to cover. Sprinkle with a little paprika.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Serve.

I actually put a smidgen of worcestershire into the cheese sauce, too. And I used italian seasoned bread crumbs. So. Good.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Haha good one!

Anyone cooking for football championships today?

There was a football game?

You and Wisey are perfect buddies. This one area where I can't play. :frown1:

I am having chicken fried steak for supper, though. Feel the need for something bad for me.

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
There was a football game?

You and Wisey are perfect buddies. This one area where I can't play. :frown1:

I am having chicken fried steak for supper, though. Feel the need for something bad for me.

Yesssss there were two championship games today. Two weeks is super bowl. Mmmm I can taste the hot wings now.

You are always welcome to play.

Mmmm chicken fried steak. Yum! I haven't had that in a while.

I cooked some pork with enchilada sauce n veggies. It paired well with moms macaroni salad. We make a good team :)

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Last night I served caramelized pineapple with a chocolate dipping sauce and it got rave reviews (it's so easy)

Caramelized Pineapple

1 ripe pineapple
1 cup demerara sugar
14 bamboo skewers soaked in cold water (so they don't start on fire on the grill) Metal skewers get too hot.

For the sauce about 8 oz chocolate (70% cocoa solids) 1/2 cup of Malibu coconut rum 1/2 cup heavy cream

Preheat your bbq or grill and cut the top and bottom off the pineapple and cut cut off the skin. Remove the core and cut into quarters and slices so you have wedges. Skewer vertically and arrange on a plate.

Put the chocolate in a heavy bottom pan with the rum and melt over low heat until melted and add the cream and any pineapple liquid that has come off the pineapple on the platter. Whisk until thick and smooth. (I put it in a fondue pan over low heat when I'm serving)

Lay the pineapple on a sheet of foil and coat it with the demerara sugar and grill or broil it until it scorches and begins to caramelize from the heat. Serve on a large platter.

Reactions: deleted1264960

Salted Caramel Apple Crisp/Crumble

INGREDIENTS:

for the caramel sauce-
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
3/4 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

for the crumble-
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
6 tablespoons softened butter
1/2 teaspoon salt

for the apples-
4 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS:

For the caramel sauce- heat sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat to melt sugar. Continue cooking and swirling sugar until it turns amber in color. Whisk in sea salt and heavy cream. Mixture will bubble up violently briefly. Continue whisking until sauce is smooth in consistency. Stir in butter and vanilla. Set aside.

For the crumble- combine all ingredients together. Set aside.

Prepare apples and toss in lemon juice. Cook apples in a large cast iron skillet over medium low heat in butter to draw out moisture. Sprinkle with salt to draw out all the moisture possible. Drain apples and place back into skillet. This process should take about 5-7 minutes of cooking.

Pour 3/4 of prepared caramel sauce into the apples and stir gently. Top with the crumble topping. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes and serve with remaining caramel sauce.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Falafel Gaza Style:

The falaheen of Palestine have always been partial to onions overs garlic. They would add 2 onions to the recipe below and omit the cilantro and nutmeg. For a smoother texture, add 1/2 tsp baking soda to the soaking water of the chickpeas, then rub with your palms and rinse well before proceeding with recipe

Put through a food grinder or pulse in food processor in batches, starting with chickpeas:

2 cups dry chickpeas, rinsed and soaked in water for 16 hours
1 bunch cilantro (roughly 3/4 cup chopped)
1 bunch dill (roughly 1/2 cup chopped)
1 bunch parsley (roughly 1 cup chopped)
7 garlic cloves
5 hot green chilies, adjust based on personal preference
1 T. each: cumin, coriander, salt, and black pepper
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Set aside for 2 hours, then add immediately before frying:

1 tsp baking soda
2 T. roasted sesame seeds

Shape in small patties (dip hands in a little water if necessary to prevent sticking) or use a falafel mold, then fry in hot oil. Drain on a paper towel. Serve with tahina sauce (below), julienne onions sprinkled with 1 tsp sumac, sliced tomatoes, chili paste (filfil mat&#8217;hoon) and assorted pickles.

Tahina Sauce:

Blend together until smooth:

2 T. Tahina
1/2 cup water
Juice of two fresh lemons
1 garlic, mashed
1/2 tsp salt

Last edited:

Bean_head

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Salted Caramel Apple Crisp/Crumble

INGREDIENTS:

for the caramel sauce-
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
3/4 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

for the crumble-
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
6 tablespoons softened butter
1/2 teaspoon salt

for the apples-
4 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS:

For the caramel sauce- heat sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat to melt sugar. Continue cooking and swirling sugar until it turns amber in color. Whisk in sea salt and heavy cream. Mixture will bubble up violently briefly. Continue whisking until sauce is smooth in consistency. Stir in butter and vanilla. Set aside.

For the crumble- combine all ingredients together. Set aside.

Prepare apples and toss in lemon juice. Cook apples in a large cast iron skillet over medium low heat in butter to draw out moisture. Sprinkle with salt to draw out all the moisture possible. Drain apples and place back into skillet. This process should take about 5-7 minutes of cooking.

Pour 3/4 of prepared caramel sauce into the apples and stir gently. Top with the crumble topping. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes and serve with remaining caramel sauce.

This is awesome; anything I can use for the crumble instead of the oats?

craigsmith

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
FRied Chicken, Mashed Potatoes with white milk gravy, biscuits, Green Beans or some other type of veggie. We like Fried Okra. My kids will eat Fried Okra over French fries anytime.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I got my hands on some nice blood oranges yesterday and decided to make sorbet...

Blood Orange Sorbet
1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed juice ( about 10 blood oranges)
1 lemon
1 1/4 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp Campari
2 egg whites

Zest two of the oranges and the lemon and put into a medium pan with the water and sugar. Bring to boil over high heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved then reduce the heat and stir for 10 minutes and remove from heat and cool. Add the blood orange juice into the syrup and sir in the juice from the lemon and the Campari. Use a strainer and pour into a shallow plastic freezer-proof container. Freeze for a few hours or until frozen. Remove from freezer and cut into chunks and put in a food processor and process for about a minute until slushy. Return to the plastic container and re-freeze.

Remove from freezer and spoon into the food processor. Beat the egg whites until they hold their shape in a soft peak. Add the egg whites to the orange mixture and pulse until blended. Return to freezer and refreeze. Soften for 5-10 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Per request from the passover food thread

Pesach Sameach.

Rum-Raisin Rice Pudding(I don't like raisins so I use dried cranberries)

3/4 cup Arborio rice or pudding rice
3 cups milk
2 vanilla pods split
1/2 cup sugar (+ extra for sprinkling)
3/4 cup raisins soaked an hour in 1/3 cup rum
2 large egg yolks

Bring a pan of salted water over a high heat to a boil and simmer the rice over low heat for five minutes. Drain.

In another pan bring the milk to a simmer. Add the rice and scrape the vanilla pods interior in to the milk. Add the pod and rice and simmer for 25 minutes until the rice is tender. Remove the pod with a slotted spoon. Add the sugar and raisins and any of the rum remaining in the bowl. Simmer for five minutes over low heat.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 2 quart baking dish. In a bowl beat the egg yolks slightly and add about a cup of the rice mixture to the eggs and then stir it in to the rice mixture and pour it into the prepared pan.

(This is where it depends on your oven) My oven in NY takes 25 minutes and my oven in Hawaii takes 35 minutes) You need to bake it until it's set but still a bit soft and giggly.

Remove from oven and sprinkle with sugar and place under the broiler for one minute until the sugar caramelizes. (I use a kitchen torch) Refrigerate for at least four hours until chilled.

I made a Thai style curry last night, a little unconventional. Working mans style.

One large pot, diced capsicum, 1 bunch spring onion (shallots) chopped, 6 medium mushrooms, diced, two fresh chicken breasts in medium slices with a wee bit of olive oil in bottom of pot.

Cook until chicken becomes visibly white on outside. Add one tin of coconut milk (sweet), one sachet of Thai green curry, potato (2 medium) diced, pumpkin (chunks), sweet potato (chunks again), tin and contents of sweet corn kernels. Diced carrot, small florets of cauliflower, broccoli. Half cup of frozen fresh peas or beans (or fresh). Before adding veg, add a tablespoon of brown sugar, half cup of water.

Boil till potato becomes soft, then set to simmer for 30 minutes.

Less dirty dishes and clearing up, and tastes yummm.

No runs the next day either. Bonus.

Last edited by a moderator: