Reckless Police Detain Ambulance, Attack EMT

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by dreamer20, May 31, 2009.

?

Other than an apology should:

Poll closed Jul 30, 2009.
  1. the officers should take sensitivity training

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. be tested for drugs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. be suspended

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  4. all of the above

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. pronatalist

pronatalist Active Member

And here is a symptom or clue to why we have an ammo shortage. People are sensing there's something wrong with this cult-of-Obama government, that something isn't right, and they are scared, trying to prepare for something?

Our government has abandoned our U.S. Constitutions, state constitutions, and the rule of law, for so long, that officials have become increasingly arrogant, incompetent, or worse.

2. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

^I've read a lot of dumb shit on this site, but the above is exceptional in its absurdity.

Dreamer -
    Imo, the emergency services should work together, and it seems Oklahoma state law supports that, according to the link. The officers were apparently unaware of the law, or common courtesy usually between emergency services, so they should be re-trained, apologize to the patient and EMTs, and maybe docked pay for that day. Suspension, drug testing (which they probably routinely experience), all seem unnecessary.

3. B_4inches

B_4inches New Member

...Huh :261:

4. pronatalist

pronatalist Active Member

Read of even more government conspiracy stuff than I can process, at infowars.com

5. dreamer20

Gold Member

Summary of topic:

Oklahoma Highway Patrol Officers stop ambulance, fight with EMT | NowPublic News Coverage

Officials say OK Highway Patrol troopers became upset after an ambulance failed to yield while the troopers were rushing to a call of their own.
    Two Oklahoma Highway Patrol Officers stopped the ambulance traveling on a highway near Boley in Okfuskee County, and had a fight with the EMT of the ambulance...

The video was shot by the patient's son. He says he continually asked the troopers to stop, so his mom could be taken to the hospital.

:rolleyes::eek:fftopic::rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

I saw the story and video on the news. I think they should be fired, so I picked suspended in the poll.

7. galaxus

galaxus Member

that was pretty messed up.

I still don't fully understand what happend tho. Why did the cops pull them over?

8. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Maybe the ambulance was speeding and running lights. :eek:

9. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

maybe they had a picture of Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Ron Paul, or an anti-Obama sticker:

The Radical Polarization of Law Enforcement http://www.augustreview.com/templates/js_element_blue/images/printButton.png http://www.augustreview.com/templates/js_element_blue/images/emailButton.png by Patrick Wood, Editor
    March 18, 2009
    Patriots, Christians and concerned citizens are increasingly in the cross hairs of the U.S. intelligence community, and battle lines are being quietly drawn that could soon pit our own law enforcement and military forces against us.
    A February 20 report entitled "The Modern Militia Movement" was issued by the Missouri Information Analysis Center (MIAC) that paints mainstream patriotic Americans as dangerous threats to law enforcement and to the country. Operating under the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the MIAC is listed as a Fusion Center that was established in cooperation with the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Justice.
    Fear ye, all troopers

For unsuspecting law enforcement personnel, this MIAC training document polarizes unsuspecting officers to fear peaceful, law-abiding citizens and greatly increases the risk of armed confrontation. For instance, a routine traffic stop would be escalated if the officer observes a Ron Paul or Chuck Baldwin bumper sticker on the rear bumper of the car. The mere possession of printed material such as the U.S. Constitution or Bill of Rights would be viewed as subversive, even though most officers are required to take an oath to "defend and uphold the Constitution of the United States" as a condition of their employment.

The August Review - The Radical Polarization of Law Enforcement

10. galaxus

galaxus Member

^ what does this have to do with anything???

11. lucky8

Gold Member

Too many laws, too much power, too much pride and ego. Someday, there will be a revolution. Someday.

12. arktrucker

Gold Member

Albums:
    I know you'll think this is absurd but when I was learning to drive I was asked this question. The following vehicles come to a four way stop at the same time. Who has the right of way?

1. Ambulance lights and siren
    2. Fire Truck lights and siren
    3. Police Car lights and siren
    4. Mail Truck

The answer? The mail truck because it is, or was at that time, a federal vehicle.

Ain't that some shit.

13. dreamer20

Gold Member

The reason was thin-skinned OHP Martin was enraged as he thought the ambulance driver gave him the finger. He could have easily continued on his way, but he decided that detaining an ambulance and making an angry scene took precedence over the welfare of a patient.

YouTube - Oklahoma Highway Patrol OHP Trooper dash cam

Oklahoma Highway Patrol Trooper Put on Administrative Leave After Confrontation With Paramedic

14. B_Morning_Glory

B_Morning_Glory New Member

in short the trooper was a dick plain and simple. he should be fired and this suspension BS, with pay is just that BS. they shouldn't receive any pay until they are found not guilty, if we screw up on our job we either get fired, their is no leave with pay. so why should these lazy smart mouth bad boy type cops get treated any better than we when its we the tax payers giving them their pay check in the first place. hubby told one of them one time getting smart with him that , the only difference between him [ the cop] and a welfare recipient was the welfare recipient got his check once a month and the cop got his every week. the cop got so mad he couldn't think right an started quoting laws back to hubby about respect for the law and other things, hubby quoted the law right back to him and finally he just gave up and told hubby to go he count get him on anything. their are a lot of good cops but the bad ones out way the good sometimes

15. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

They're police, what do you expect, decent people? Sheesh, don't judge them by "our" standards! :)

16. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:

17. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    More views from the "Outer Limits".

You've taken an incident totally out of context and placed it into some kind of weird time warp.

18. Cowabanga

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The cops defense was that he just got back from Iraq, and got carried away.

WTF???

is he confused? does he choke hold Iraqis's EMT personal over there?

This kind of stuff makes me pretty angry, and knowing that there is a patient that need medical care urgently, would render me quite violent. They were far more calm and collected than I would be. The EMT decide to not press charges against the militant cop. Talk about a forgiving heart! I would like to see the EMT get a reward for such kind action on their part.

Military background is often construe as a plus in the resume for recruitment of police work. But I disagree, and video like this, strengthen my case for not recruiting ex-military personal. Without getting into clockwork orange, it would be hard to access the mind of those that serve in the military to know if they need mental care.

#19 Cowabanga, Jun 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  19. puslover

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The Ambulance and its EMT's were not on an Emergency call, therefore must yield to another emergency vehicle. No vehicle is an emergency vehicle without both an audible siren and visible warning lights. Do I believe it may not have been the cops best decision, yes. But he was completing his job. Once the officer stated that the man was under arrest he is to comply with all orders or he is then resisting arrest. The man was not complying and the officers did what they needed to, to enforce the arrest.

Draft saved Draft deleted