Recluse

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's not healthy. If you are a loner by nature that is something different.

There's seclusion and there's agoraphobia. If you don't mind leaving the house, traveling and interacting with people when you need and want to, then there's no problem with it so long as you're happy. If interaction with people creates severe anxiety, then there's a problem that requires help.

In the Catholic church there are still hermits and anchorites. Have you ever seen that art history nun on TV, Sister Wendy? She's actually a hermit. She lives on the grounds of a convent in her own hermitage. The nuns bring her food and she joins them for mass, but that's all. She spends her entire life otherwise, completely alone in contemplation and work. Hermits and anchorites must be approved by bishops and then only after living within the public life of the order. It's not a life for everyone but those who do it find it immensely rewarding.

PukingBristols

1st Like
Media
I think my reclusion is more due to misanthropy. Everytime I'm around another person I get angry. I get paranoid. I've given up on love and everything. I feel best when I'm by myself.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Go for a run first thing when you wake up in the morning and do push ups, see how much better your mood and outlook on life will be. Just try it.

PukingBristols

1st Like
Media
It's weird, because if you're not attractive, it's almost impossible to find love. i am one of the very unattractive people. I am 22 and have never been in a relationship and am the one people say, "i'd rather sleep with brandin than do that...."

if you get my drift, i've just learned to accept that i will never find romance.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is it bad to be a recluse? Is there something wrong with me because of it???
I don't know if I'd call it wrong so much as 'not normal'. :redface: You may suffer from a Social Anxiety Disorder which is easy to treat with medication and therapy.

I think my reclusion is more due to misanthropy. Everytime I'm around another person I get angry. I get paranoid. I've given up on love and everything. I feel best when I'm by myself.
The pity is that the world we actually live in is so full of evidence for a misanthropic principle. However that's no reason to cave into it. For heavens sake man suck it up. :mad: Heck, if Chang and Eng could find love and get married I'm sure you can. :cool:

Are you a recluse if you are interacting with others digitally?
Yes, he is still a recluse because he has no physical or face to face interaction with others.

It's weird, because if you're not attractive, it's almost impossible to find love.
That's not true I see ugly couples all the time. Heck in the gynecologists office last month I saw half a dozen ugly, pregnant women. It wasn't pregnancy that made them ugly, they were that way before they got knocked up.:redface:
i am one of the very unattractive people. I am 22 and have never been in a relationship and am the one people say, "i'd rather sleep with brandin than do that...." if you get my drift, i've just learned to accept that i will never find romance.
Hmm, but yet you are here...is it safe to assume you are well endowed? If so there are some women who will want to be with you just for that. I know that's not what you want, but I'm sure they would led to love you if you are a good person. Hmmm, have you tried www.gk2gk.com people tend to be less about looks on that site.

Just make sure you work out, man[/quote]
What the heck for? He's a recluse, no one is gonna see him anyway. :tongue:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's weird, because if you're not attractive, it's almost impossible to find love. i am one of the very unattractive people. I am 22 and have never been in a relationship and am the one people say, "i'd rather sleep with brandin than do that...."

if you get my drift, i've just learned to accept that i will never find romance.

Maybe you could commiserate with Rugbypup here, he has the same outlook you do.

I think that being a recluse is only a problem if you don't enjoy being alone. I suppose you just questioning on here if it is ok is a sign that you don't think it is.

It's easy to live in isolation as you can avoid any and everything that can hurt you, and hide in your own world and rationalize the absurdity of it. The problem I've found with that is you just miss out on life. And you never find a place in the world for yourself, connection to something greater than you or any good reason to stay here.

Being attractive is not a prerequisite to finding love. It's hard to find for most everyone but you gotta seek it if you want it and you can't do that very effectively in isolation. Sure you will find rejection and heartache and disappointment - don't think you are the only one cursed with these feeling - just means that you are a human being. Start with friendships if you can't find love. You can learn a lot from friends and maybe learn to love from them.

Chin up

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Love isn't all it is cracked up to be. A lot of people find it and then want out. Consider yourself lucky and go live your life. If you look for love you will never find it. Learn to love yourself first or you will never love anyone else or have anyone else love you. Just listen to Rush.