Recommend me some music...

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2005
Posts
5,836
Media
0
Likes
54
Points
183
Location
Nowhere near you
So, I've raided friends' iPods, browsed through a lot of internet radio, and done some random searches. And I nonetheless find myself in a musical rut.

So - recommend something I haven't heard that I'd like. Hint - this is the sort of stuff I like:

The White Stripes, Nirvana, David Bowie, Gorillaz, Bif Naked, Franz Ferdinand, The Smiths, The Police, Velvet Revolver, Joy Division, Sarah McLachlan, Cake, the Pixies, Mute Math, ELO, Metric, Bedouin Soundclash, Queen, Johnny Cash, Rage Against the Machine, the Darkness, the Clash... you get the idea, hopefully.

No pressure, other than the risk of being accused of having the musical sensibilities of a retarded gibbon, should I not agree with your recommendations. :smile:
 
Uh, well, how about Gwar ???

But seriously, Wolf Mother is a very talented trio.
The Butthole Surfer's album Electric Larry Land is a classic.
Rush has new cd out, pretty damn good too.
give The Tea Party a listen, their first two albums are great.
 
here are some bands i love and the albums that i would recommend first:

bloc party - silent alarm
muse - absolution
keane - hopes and fears
the mars volta - frances the mute
radiohead - the bends
death cab for cutie - plans

since you said sarah mclachlan-

tori amos - little earthquakes
kate bush - hounds of love

and yes, the new rush album "snakes & arrows" is really good. but i believe anything rush is really good :D
 
Concrete Blonde - Mexican Moon
Peter Murphy - Deep Ocean Vast Sea
Garmarna - Vengeance (if you don't mind listening to Swedish)
Bliss - Quiet Letters (the name is coincidental :smile:)
Anything by Portishead
The Donnas - The Donnas turn 21
 
robots in dusgiuse- get rid
of montreal
you say party we say die
long blondes
we are wolves
death from above
css
sparx

rocknroll saves lifes.....................
 
First, thanks to all who replied :smile:

Second - I'm amazed by how many of you listed bands I already like and listen to. Impressive that y'alls managed to discern my musical tastes from that list. Dandy Warhols, Concrete Blonde, Muse, Elastica, Faith No More, Butthole Surfers, Secret Machines, Donnas... all stuff I have heard and liked. And will revisit - thanks for the reminders!

Lots of names that I haven't listened to much of, and will now try out over the next few days.

Thanks again - keep those recommendations coming.