Recreational inhalants

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
After I posted to another thread about using poppers, it occurred to me that there is another popular inhalant out there which is possibly much more dangerous.

I've been out of the loop for so long, I don't even know what the current terminology is, but years ago, this one was called "ethyl chloride" or just simply "ethyl." The proper chemical name is chloroethane, and it is a close relative of Freon and other refrigerants. It comes in a small pressurized spray can, and is usually sprayed into a piece of cloth, then inhaled. Here is a quote from a document by the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry:

"Workers who breathed chloroethane vapors for 1.5 to 3 years (levels of chloroethane unknown) had significantly decreased defensive responses against illness. Inhalant abusers who intentionally breathe chloroethane vapors at much higher concentrations than those found in any work environment or near any hazardous waste site have experienced these neurological effects. Long term abuse of high chloroethane concentrations causes the most adverse effects of chloroethane exposure, namely, those to the nervous system. In the worst recorded cases of chloroethane abuse by sniffing, the abusers have had severe symptoms including jerking eye movements, an inability to control muscles in voluntary movements, difficulty in speaking clearly, an inability to perform finger tapping exercises, sluggish lower limb reflexes, seizures, difficulties in walking, disorientation, short-term memory loss, and hallucinations affecting their sight and hearing. In one case, damage to motor and sensory nerves occurred.

Human patients have died after breathing chloroethane concentrations high enough to induce anesthesia. Dogs have suffered irregular heart rhythms, followed by death, when given anesthetic doses of chloroethane. Due to the risk of accidental death, chloroethane is no longer medically used as a general anesthetic during major surgery."

If you use this stuff recreationally, you really should consider quitting. The damage to the central, autonomic, and peripheral nerve systems is cumulative and irreversible.

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I prefer PVC glue myself. Just kidding, althought as an
apprentice I worked with lots of guys who could'nt start
the day without a good huff of the stuff.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Absinthium, good to see you here again, I was wondering why I hadn't seen your posts in a while.

Those of you who haven't heard of ethyl before, you may be familiar with its use. If you've ever been "out dancing" and saw some guy holding a bandana over his mouth and/or nose for two or three seconds (not just simply wiping away sweat), that's probably what was going on.

There are (chemically) several variations of chloroethane. It is also much like the CFCs you hear so much about, chlorofluorocarbons. Now that I think about it, one of the "current" terms for using these kinds of inhalants is "huffing." LOL want a wake-up call? Do a google search with the search terms huffing death. See how many results you get.

Unfortunately, too many people think that since they can buy this stuff in a store or order it online, marketed as a way to get high, that it can't be all that bad... but it can.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
wonder if this shit is related in any way to "whippets". have done those in years past.

you know its a fucked up night when yer sucking on a cake decorating canister in order to catch a quick buzz.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
dcwrestlefan said:
wonder if this shit is related in any way to "whippets". have done those in years past.

you know its a fucked up night when yer sucking on a cake decorating canister in order to catch a quick buzz.
Nah, whippets are different... laughing gas!!! Nitrous oxide. Non-toxic, but over-using can make you seriously oxygen deprived. Whippets are ok as long as you don't suffocate yourself. The ethyl will, however, do some damage upon your nerves....

ToxicNarcotic18

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
as a 19 year old college student with experience i would have to highly reccomend staying away from inhalents, glue, whipped cream, whippits, helium or anything else, you can almost feel your brain melting, its probably one decision you dont wanna make