Recurring Balanitis

B_Carlo8180

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Did anyone else have recurring balanitis? Do you know how to get rid of this infection for good so it doesn't come back?

B_retracted

Experimental Member
Media
I used to get it every couple of weeks no matter how well I cleaned under my foreskin. The expense of various creams was getting ridiculous. I was thinking of getting circumcised (did a lot of research on the matter) then learned about permanent foreskin retraction. I don't have the problem anymore. So I suggest, on a day when you don't have the problem, retract your foreskin and see if you can keep it back permanently.

Gonzo3

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
BALANITIS......is inflammation of the glans penis,Acute balanitis is associated with allergic dermatitis and herpes genitalis if recurrent balinitis occurs,circumcision is usually indicated. are you Diabetic?....Diabetics are at an increased risk of non-specific secondary infections.

B_Carlo8180

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to get it every couple of weeks no matter how well I cleaned under my foreskin. The expense of various creams was getting ridiculous. I was thinking of getting circumcised (did a lot of research on the matter) then learned about permanent foreskin retraction. I don't have the problem anymore. So I suggest, on a day when you don't have the problem, retract your foreskin and see if you can keep it back permanently.

Yeah, my doc is threatening to send me for circumcision if I can't get the infections to stop. I'd like to try premanent retraction but it only really works when Im hard. When I lose the wood the hood wants to go back over and it does. What's the secret?

B_Carlo8180

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry

Balanitis is an infection of the penis head and the inside of the foreskin. It's caused by bacteria or yeast. I had both. Once it's established it's difficult to totally eradicate due to the moist conditions inside the foreskin. It hurts, smells very bad, and makes it impossible to have sex. I very likely got it from unprotected sex so there another reason to use a condom.

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
Sorry
I very likely got it from unprotected sex so there another reason to use a condom.

Guys are usually very defensive when you tell them to use a condom; they'll make a million and one excuses NOT to wear one, but then they get some sort of infection they usually say "Gee, I wish I would have used a condom."

Anyways, retract your foreskin and wash under it with warm, (running!) soapy water twice a day. Pat it dry, and let air get to it whenever possible. If you have any 3% hydrogen peroxide, try using that before you get in the shower; it'll kill the yeast/bacteria that's causing the irritation.

B_Carlo8180

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Guys are usually very defensive when you tell them to use a condom; they'll make a million and one excuses NOT to wear one, but then they get some sort of infection they usually say "Gee, I wish I would have used a condom."

Anyways, retract your foreskin and wash under it with warm, (running!) soapy water twice a day. Pat it dry, and let air get to it whenever possible. If you have any 3% hydrogen peroxide, try using that before you get in the shower; it'll kill the yeast/bacteria that's causing the irritation.

No, I usually do use a condom but this was someone I knew and she said she was on the pill so.... I had also just read a news report about being uncut making you at higher risk for STDs so I had actually no excuse. So I'll try the peroxide unless I can get the skin to stay back which I'm already working on--thanks everyone--which should remedy the situation if it works.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
To liberia:

Circumcision could resolve the balanitis but it might not either. Cut guys also get balanitis.

Since you're advising surgery as a medical treatment, please state your medical training, if any.

To Carlo8180:

If your use peroxide [mentioned earlier], be careful -- it's potent stuff. If you use if for more than ~3 days, make sure your doctor knows of it and approves it.

B_Carlo8180

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To liberia:

Circumcision could resolve the balanitis but it might not either. Cut guys also get balanitis.

Since you're advising surgery as a medical treatment, please state your medical training, if any.

To Carlo8180:

If your use peroxide [mentioned earlier], be careful -- it's potent stuff. If you use if for more than ~3 days, make sure your doctor knows of it and approves it.

Thanks for the warning. Luckily I only tried a drop of peroxied because otherwise I would have had to go the the ER. 3% peroxide is much, much too strong to use on that kind of delicate tissue! I may try it again with the peroxide watered down but for the time being I'm trying to keep retracted.

B_retracted

Experimental Member
Media
Yeah, my doc is threatening to send me for circumcision if I can't get the infections to stop. I'd like to try premanent retraction but it only really works when Im hard. When I lose the wood the hood wants to go back over and it does. What's the secret?

I'd never even heard of permanent foreskin retraction until the day I tried it.

In fact, my family never told me anything about the foreskin and so of course I had all sorts of problems. It was so bad and so regular that it's pretty much the reason I bottomed for the first ten years of my sex life. I just couldn't have sex with it. Now that I'm permanently retracted, I can fuck.

Anyway, what I did was retract the foreskin so the inside of the foreskin was exposed and then wiped some vitamin e cream over the inner foreskin and the head then pushed the foreskin back so it covered the head and then slid the foreskin up the head until it slipped into the slot behind the now bare head.

I've had it like that for ages and it's just like being circumcised for all intents and purposes.

I may still get circumcised at some point because diabetes runs in my family and, as both my mother and my aunt and my cousin work in nursing homes, they say that the old guys who are uncircumcised can have a terrible time because of their foreskins. Especially those with diabetes because they pee a lot and so they often get a lot of urine stuck inside their foreskin. And they aren't able to wash themselves or pull back their foreskin as much as they should because they can't do it themselves due to disability or they just don't like someone touching them in so intimate a place.

B_Carlo8180

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd never even heard of permanent foreskin retraction until the day I tried it.

In fact, my family never told me anything about the foreskin and so of course I had all sorts of problems. It was so bad and so regular that it's pretty much the reason I bottomed for the first ten years of my sex life. I just couldn't have sex with it. Now that I'm permanently retracted, I can fuck.

Anyway, what I did was retract the foreskin so the inside of the foreskin was exposed and then wiped some vitamin e cream over the inner foreskin and the head then pushed the foreskin back so it covered the head and then slid the foreskin up the head until it slipped into the slot behind the now bare head.

I've had it like that for ages and it's just like being circumcised for all intents and purposes.

I may still get circumcised at some point because diabetes runs in my family and, as both my mother and my aunt and my cousin work in nursing homes, they say that the old guys who are uncircumcised can have a terrible time because of their foreskins. Especially those with diabetes because they pee a lot and so they often get a lot of urine stuck inside their foreskin. And they aren't able to wash themselves or pull back their foreskin as much as they should because they can't do it themselves due to disability or they just don't like someone touching them in so intimate a place.

I'm straight and can't bottom but I think I have the same problem in that even when I don't have a noticable infection I still can't enjoy sex alot of times because it hurts to touch. It's like the infection has turned back the clock to when I was 5 and could first retract my foreskin. My doctor is very conservative about things like this and he even said if I was his own son he would advise me to get circumcised. But if you look on the internet some people say you lose some of the nice feeling from your penis when you're cut so I only want to do that as a last resort. So far the only way Im able to keep it back and let the head dry out is with first aid tape which doesn't feel too good. But at least it works.

B_retracted

Experimental Member
Media
I'm straight and can't bottom but I think I have the same problem in that even when I don't have a noticable infection I still can't enjoy sex alot of times because it hurts to touch. It's like the infection has turned back the clock to when I was 5 and could first retract my foreskin. My doctor is very conservative about things like this and he even said if I was his own son he would advise me to get circumcised. But if you look on the internet some people say you lose some of the nice feeling from your penis when you're cut so I only want to do that as a last resort. So far the only way Im able to keep it back and let the head dry out is with first aid tape which doesn't feel too good. But at least it works.

I know what you're going through because it totally destroyed my sex life because I couldn't even fuck because half the time I had balanitis and I was also permanently worried about doing further damage to myself if I ever fucked (a bleeding foreskin is not my idea of a fun time and I had that even without fucking or jerking). My physical problems definitely had a psychological effect on me. Hence I started looking into circumcision and, during that, stumbled upon permanent foreskin retraction and gave it a try.

So far, I'm very happy with it as I've never had balanitis or any other bad thing since and now I'm not constantly worrying and can actually enjoy sex.

B_Carlo8180

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know what you're going through because it totally destroyed my sex life because I couldn't even fuck because half the time I had balanitis and I was also permanently worried about doing further damage to myself if I ever fucked (a bleeding foreskin is not my idea of a fun time and I had that even without fucking or jerking). My physical problems definitely had a psychological effect on me. Hence I started looking into circumcision and, during that, stumbled upon permanent foreskin retraction and gave it a try.

So far, I'm very happy with it as I've never had balanitis or any other bad thing since and now I'm not constantly worrying and can actually enjoy sex.

I've been retracted for almost 2 days but it's very uncomfortable. So far I can stand it though since I don't want to have the surgery.

B_retracted

Experimental Member
Media
It took me a week to get used to the feeling of the bare head rubbing against clothing.

I expect it'll be a similar time frame for yours to get used to it. Just make sure you wear underwear to minimize movement.

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
I was very sensitive for about 2 days, but after the "three day hump" i've been comfortable with it ever since and I hardly ever feel it anymore, unless I otherwise have a raging hard-on; you're usually going to be aware of your penis if it's long, hard and throbbing. I haven't had any discomfort, "peeling." or keratinization that the NOCIRC brigade usually warns about.