Red spot on foreskin

ausmant

Just Browsing
Media
Would appreciate any input. It isn't painful (even when touching it) and doesn't appear to be 'lumpy' like a boil would be.

Thanks

Attachments

ausmant

Just Browsing
Media
Thanks erratic, that's certainly on the cards.

BTW I'm not sexually active at the moment so have ruled out anything along those lines.

Maybe a rogue hair follicle thats infected? Any minor injuries or abrasions from jacking too hard that might be slightly infected?

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
given its proximity on the shaft, and its appearance, could be an in grown hair or an infected follicle---like any other skin pore, oil and dirt can clog it, and get infected. Check at your pharmacists (chemists, for those of more British persuasion :) ) and see if you can find something called "drawing salve". This helps to bring the infection out, and allow it to come to a head quicker. If it doesn't either come to a head or diminish within a week, see a doctor, as it might be a sign of some other condition. Good luck!

Daichii

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I partially concur on ingrown hair bit, given the proximity to the base. However I never had one on mine. I'm hairy had a couple on my thighs you can pull it out and free it.

Check if it is. If it's not, and doesn't go away/gets worse, I'd see a doctor.

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Just looks like any zit you may get on your face.

Had these before, both on my shaft (Quite rare), and in the groin area, mostly caused through excessive sweating.

To date, I have not found a 100% solution to this, but every so often, I find washing the area with an anti-bacterial agent safe to use in the area, to be the best solution, just as you would do, with spot prone skin.

Just a quick question mind..... do you find you sweat loads in the groin area?

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Thanks all, will try and clean it up then hits the docs if that doesn't help.

Wouldn't say loads but I do sweat down there.

AKA Belly Swollocks / Swamp Nuts..... Not fun, and can encourage bacteria growth more than normal, in some cases, ending up with these spots, especially in the side areas, between my balls / shaft and pelvis.

For me, it can be quite bad, especially during summer months, and stick that in with problems with excema, I find it quite difficult to find something, that will not irritate the crap out of me, yet be good enough to do the job.

Found that change of underwear types (Went from loose boxers, to C-in2 Army Trunk / Jock styles, depending what I am doing, especially noting their Bamboo / Zen line, which is designed with sweat in mind), along with problem sweat talc and anti-bacterial soaps, has kept problems associated with sweat to a minimum.