Red Spots

goodoneinlou

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Perhaps someone out there can shed some light...

I struggle with an issue from time to time. I have small, red spots that will appear around the base of the head of my penis. Not on the shaft, just the glans. These spots are red, about 1mm in diameter. They are flat, painless, do not itch, ooze or anything of the sort. When my penis becomes erect, the spots stretch out and aren't noticible. However when I am flacid, the spots are visible. They dissapear within a few days, but then pop up when I least expect it.

I have seen both my primary care physician, as well as my dermatologist. Both sort of shrug it off and say it is simply a case of dermatitus. They both prescribed a steroid cream. There's no concern of an STD, as both doctors checked. (I have been in a monogamous ...and even so very well protected... relationship for many years.) I recall first having noticed them about 5 years ago.

What baffles me is that the spots seemingly appear for no reason. The only thing I can possibly attribute it to would be sweating or friction. I went line dancing the other night, and all was fine prior. However when I got up the next morning (no sexual activity that night, just got very hot and sweaty dancing.) I had about a dozen of the spots on my penis!

I am embarassed by the sight of them. My partner is aware, and says it's not of concern to him. (He's an RN as well) However, I can't stand the thought of not being visually "okay" down there.

Does anyone else have a similar issue? Is there someome that may relate?

Last edited:

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
I have this issue!!!!!!!

Part of me thinks that it may be because i havent been using a condom with my Partner that its marks from the irritation of Unprotected sex. But if you are prtotected then i dont know.

Can i ask if you are cut?

Maybe its because of the hot and sweaty sex, because i get it after a particularly arduois session. They are more fun, so it may be worth it :)

goodoneinlou

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks for the response.

I am cut, but minimally so... I have quite a bit of foreskin left that covers 3/4 of my penis head when unaroused.

As a matter of fact, it's in areas under my foreskin that the spots appear. (Trust me, I keep things nice and clean down there, but with no irritating soaps.)

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
HMMM, i tend to find as i shower they do go down. I try and keep things as clean as possible too. My soaps are probably considered irritating so i doubt it would be soap related anyway.

Maybe the its just rougher sex? Skin irrtiation from friction? That said, my partner gets really wet, so there is little friction, lol. I have no idea, but im glad to hear that it is unlikely STD related.

goodoneinlou

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Actually it's nothing related to chafing. There's no flaking, peeling or irritation associated with it.

I am actually now leaning towards it possibly being a reaction to detergent, or fabric softener.