Redhead vs. Shaved Head

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by whohasthisname, Nov 29, 2011.

1. whohasthisname

whohasthisname New Member

Albums:
    I had a question for the women hopefully but others are free to chime in should they choose. In the past couple of years I've noticed an increased dislike or just general mockery of red hair. I have never had too much trouble getting girls and have had some attractive girlfriends but this might sound strange but ever since that South Park episode the amount of "ginger" calling and just general comments seems to have escalated in the past 2-3 years (I'm 28).

I have had multiple girls make comments about it and to be honest they don't seem positive. I have also had girls say they had never seen a good looking redhead and despite that they thought I was cute but this seems pretty backhanded. Anyway, I would never dye my hair but I'm curious to get thoughts on just saying fuck it and shaving it off, I almost feel like anything is better at this point.

And one final thing, please don't say its all about confidence because I am a very confident individual but when the first thing a girl says to you is "oh, your a ginger" and that isn't with an exclamation point, it can bring your confidence down a bit.

Thanks.

2. D_Wang_Chum

D_Wang_Chum Account Disabled

Agreed on the mockery. Seems that us redheads have been pushed towards being outcasted and it's the cool thing to do when making putdowns.

3. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    fuck them :) being a redhead myself, I've NEVER gotten any ill feelings for it. If people are going to be that way to you, you do not need them in your life. OWN it!

**also, most usually when a person is putting someone else down, it's because they are insecure about themselves in some way or another. Just their asshole way of hiding it.

4. whohasthisname

Albums:
    @OC Muscle Jock, is it possible that is because you are the size of the tank and your head is shaved?

Listen I let things roll off my shoulder but everyone starts to think, okay is there something I can do to improve my situation.

Some people lose weight
    Some people dye their hair another color
    Some people get a new job
    Some women get tits
    Some people do anything that they think will improve their attractiveness.

I just find it hard to believe I am the only one thinking this way.

5. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    Fuck 'em!

Well guess you won't see if the carpet matches the drapes sweetheart. Might be a good comeback. :up:

It's my understanding that people use "ginger" instead of saying redhead in most BritEnglish places (UK/Aus/NZ) but it's not traditionally used in the USA.

6. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    umm 8 yrs ago i was a 140 lb skinny boy and still no one made fun of it. *before I shaved my head* The fact you let it get to you is probably the reason they keep doing it. Work the red man...own it! Confidence is Key...people can feel when you are insecure.

7. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Uhm, Have you seen the appreciation that redhead's get here?? :biggrin1:

8. whohasthisname

Albums:
    I have seen the appreciation that redheads get, note that in that thread it is almost 100% male appreciation. Nothing wrong with that but its not helping me too much.

9. g_whiz

g_whiz New Member

Albums:
    I've always had an inexplicable attraction to redheads, personally. Only one of my recent ex's has been of such a characteristic...but it did quite do it for me. Redheads for the win.

10. livinginmynose

livinginmynose New Member

Are you looking for sex or intimacy. If you just want to get laid..do what ever bro... althought a shaved head isn't really a top turn on for women much either.
    If its intimacy, then your gonna need to be the person your are. its not intimate if your expected to be be something your not.

11. zpacifico

zpacifico New Member

ginger guys are hot.

12. buzzrider7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I can't believe I'm reading this! Me and most of my friends (women included), see redheads as being the absolute supreme in terms of attractiveness, sexiness and beauty among all the different colors and flavors of humanity. You rule, bro!! Trust me, there are plenty of women (ok, maybe more men, but still plenty of women!) out there who would love to worship you for the supreme being you are. (If not, give the dudes a go and I'll be first in line to do so! ha ha) You are a rare breed, and that my friend is an amazing bonus to add to what already seems like a great package. Be patient, be positive.
    Most of all, LOVE your redness like so many of us do, and that will send out nothing but positive vibes of attraction to those around you.

PS We'd love to see a pic or two of ya, man.

#12 buzzrider7, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  13. damoney

damoney New Member

red head guys are hot as fuck but the red head ladies.. eh.... not so much

14. D_Sandy_Krautch

D_Sandy_Krautch New Member

For what it's worth... I. LOVE. REDHEADS. I mean looooooove redheads. The redder the better :)

Your responses here are bound to be primarily from men since the population here is mainly men... I think you should put up some pics and let those of us who adore you do our job :)

15. inwait8

inwait8 Active Member

Albums:
    simply put... yup!

16. Redwyvre

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah it is true some people just don't like the way people with red hair look. Get over it! Maybe give them a little pity, but don't bother trying to change them. When someone tells you they have never seen a good-looking red headed guy, but they think you're cute, you should think, "WTF?" and be moving on. Oh yeah, shaving your head won't disguise anything. There are too many other traits that let everyone know you have red hair. Then again it might make you look even hotter ;) Just remember keep your chin up!

#16 Redwyvre, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  17. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    True... rockin' the red beard and fur here. lol And to the comment about no attractive red haired women? HELLO! Nicole Kidman is a ginger. *naturally*... Hell, one of the big trends in Hollywood now is women dying their hair red. C'mon man... everyone loves a party..but not a pity party. You just need to move on to Miss Next. You waste your time worrying how other people see you, and not enough about how you truely see yourself. Gingers rock man :)

18. invisibleman

Gold Member

I like redheads. (I have never had any opportunity to date a red head, though.) I had met a guy in college...he was a red head. His name was Sam. He had fiery red wavy hair cut very short. He had a really thick red mustache. I thought that he was really cute-some (cute and handsome smushed together). I never got to meet him on any level. I saw him around campus but he never said anything to me. He cruised me a couple of occasions.

(He did have the nicest round butt and nice legs, though. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.)

19. whohasthisname

Albums:
    I think it's been established that this is very popular for females, again I am a male here so I'm glad women in hollywood are dying their hair red but let me know when some men in hollywood start doing the same because that is the trend.

Seriously, this isn't a pity party this is a question, just go super short or keep it.

Also, I understand that someone would still know you had redhair but I don't think people are fundamentally opposed to someone that has/had redhair like they are a different religion or nationality, I just think the redhair can be a distraction.

Finally, as far as getting laid vs. something serious. I think it is a combination of both, but the fact of the matter is in most situations you are relying on looks first then if the opportunity is right you have time for a woman to get to know you.

20. vibrationzzz

Gold Member

Albums:
    Red maine green eyed women are gorgeous. Something about elements there. Fire and Earth. Anyway, whether women see the same in men I dunno.

Draft saved Draft deleted