Reducing pain during sex

ralphnader

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So I'm a little over 6 inches in girth and my gf experiences quite a bit of soreness after sex. We have sex, and usually have to wait 2-3 days before we can have sex again.

Is there anything she or I can be doing to prevent this? We both find it fairly annoying, and I don't like hurting her. But we spend quite a bit of time warming up with foreplay, and we always use lubricant, but nothing seems to really help.

Any thoughts?

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
tell her "stop being such a girl"

....more lube, more warming up.

sykray

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If you haven't already, use positions in which she has control of depth and speed of thrusting.

I think that she is anticipating pain and is not sufficiently lubricating. Change your lube to one that doesn't dry out as much or interrupt your action to add more lube.

Also her anxiety about possible soreness is making her tense up her vagina muscles. The vagina should be able to take a thick shaft (after all it is designed to stretch for childbirth). Help her to relax more effectively.

ralphnader

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you haven't already, use positions in which she has control of depth and speed of thrusting.

I think that she is anticipating pain and is not sufficiently lubricating. Change your lube to one that doesn't dry out as much or interrupt your action to add more lube.

Also her anxiety about possible soreness is making her tense up her vagina muscles. The vagina should be able to take a thick shaft (after all it is designed to stretch for childbirth). Help her to relax more effectively.

Thanks sir. We've just been using regular KY gel... is there a better alternative?

D

deleted356736

I'm also a bit over 6" in girth, about 6.5", and my wife and I have condom-free sex (which makes a difference). We find that anything more than about 10 minutes of thrusting leaves her sore, and sometimes it leaves me sore as well (abraided by her vagina). This is despite using lube and a good natural wetness on her part.

A bit over 6" in girth is about 1 in 100 men, so you and I have a rare problem we have to deal with. I can orgasm within about 10 minutes, especially as I don't use condoms. I also know that recent studies of large numbers of women (mostly with partners less girth than you or I), rated the ideal time of intercourse as between 7 and 13 minutes. So our 10 minutes fits within this range. The same study showed the majority of women surveyed preferred 3 minutes to 30 minutes.

Over-reaching

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The only things I can suggest are plenty of warming up, plenty of lube and allowing her to start off in a position in which she feels in control. I'm thick, though not quite as thick as you (a bit under 6" girth), and I've usually found these approaches work when there's been a problem. I suppose it's also worth remembering that the vagina can stretch to take a baby's head (admittedly in the presence of different hormones from normal) - if only for your own peace of mind.

sykray

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thanks sir. We've just been using regular KY gel... is there a better alternative?

I was thinking of silicone based lubes. There are many brands to choose from. They tend not to dry out as easily as KY and therefore remain slippery for longer. The disadvantage might be that they are less easy to wash off the skin - also fabrics like bed linens.

KY is water-based.

Nickstevens

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
hmmm..maybe she is really small made. Use more lubrication and maybe warm her up with some serious foreplay to get her really stretched out before sex. Allow her to get on top so she can control the penetration and not feel any discomfort.