Regional foods you miss

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
White Castle are small square burgers with excess grease. They're referred to as "sliders'.

They aren't greasy, they are steamed over onions with the buns on top as they steam.

D_Claude Hopper

Experimental Member
Media
When I was a kid there was this place calle "the bucket shop" in St. Joseph, MO that served this thing called a 'beef-burger'. It was only partly beef, and certainly not very burger-ish, but damn it was good.

I think it was a concoction of brick chili, some tomato product, and beef, with dill pickles and horseradish.

It would grow hair on a leather purse.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When I was a kid there was this place calle "the bucket shop" in St. Joseph, MO that served this thing called a 'beef-burger'. It was only partly beef, and certainly not very burger-ish, but damn it was good.

I think it was a concoction of brick chili, some tomato product, and beef, with dill pickles and horseradish.

It would grow hair on a leather purse.

St Joe you say? That means you have probably tasted a Cherry Mash candy bar. I just ordered a box on line.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Man, I need to travel, I've lived in the same area for pretty much my whole life. Only now do I live in a different county, but in reality, I can walk to the old one in like 3 minutes. So there isn't any regional food that I'm missing. However I will say there is a dish that I love having at a local restaurant that I haven't had for a while because it's been a long time since I ate there. And that is the Chili Cheese Omelet. The place has kick ass super fluffy omelets, they are huge! So good.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Anybody from Idaho on this site? My next door neighbors were from Idaho and grew up eating these:
Idaho Spud - Candy Favorites

They missed them and had boxes shipped to California and always shared them with us. I thought they were okay, but they really loved them.

I just made those a couple of weeks ago. Very easy, but I don't call them that, I call them Coconut chocolate marshmallows (foolish me)

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes, foolish you. At least now you know what they are really called. Coconut chocolate marshmallows indeed, what will you easterners think up next?

Well since you asked I'm working on a dessert that is a white cake and then a layer of chocolate cheese cake and then a layer of mascarpone and then studding it with fresh berries and then repeating the whole thing again on top of that and covering it with a chocolate shell and crowning it with spun sugar. I don't know what to call it. Any ideas?

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Well since you asked I'm working on a dessert that is a white cake and then a layer of chocolate cheese cake and then a layer of mascarpone and then studding it with fresh berries and then repeating the whole thing again on top of that and covering it with a chocolate shell and crowning it with spun sugar. I don't know what to call it. Any ideas?

I don't know, but it sounds awesome. I've never had mascarpone, but with everything else on there I doubt that would matter much. How you described it going together, it sounds like a chocolate rocket, with a cream and berry payload. :rolleyes:

justmeincal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Makes note to self not to make this when Mr. and Mr.justmeincal visit us.

No worries buddy. Mr J and I will eat it and pretend it awesome. Then I'll make you my mother's lime jello with carrots, covered with Cool Whip and served with a frickle on the side; a true Midwest classic.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No worries buddy. Mr J and I will eat it and pretend it awesome. Then I'll make you my mother's lime jello with carrots, covered with Cool Whip and served with a frickle on the side; a true Midwest classic.

I can make that if you want. Someone gave me their church cookbook as a present once. There is something in there called a dump cake, which is what I wanted to do when I read how it was made. But I'm a tree I can bend.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've had them FRESH FROM THE FACTORY! yeah!

I'm waiting to get my shipment because I think I can replicate any recipe if I have the actual product. I'm thinking of adding Grand Marnier to the center. I have not had one of them in years and I think about them in the middle of the night sometimes!