Regressive Therapy

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Vladimir Jurkov, Mar 3, 2011.

1. D_Vladimir Jurkov

D_Vladimir Jurkov New Member

Albums:
    Anyone ever go for this? From every source I've read over the years, it works and helps cut off negative emotional attachments that one wasn't aware of.
    For those who don't know, it involves meditating or being hypnotized into a state where you get in touch with your past lives.

There is no scientific evidence and I doubt there is really a way to prove or disprove any of the past lives. Unless you can actually check history/public records, but you'd have to know close to exact dates and locations.

Even if it is fake and simply a facade, suggestions that the therapist puts into the head of the patient, it has helped people with serious emotional issues. Which I'm gonna hafta be candid here and admit that I suffer from such issues. I've been trying to solve them for almost 5 years now and while there has been progress, it plateaued awhile ago. Despite my best efforts as of late, there is still emotional suffering. And that's my brief history in a nutshell.

But back to my question - anyone ever benefit from this? I've read testimonials but I've never believed in testimonials - I have a feeling that 99% of them are fabricated.
    So really, the only person I've ever heard that has tried this is Axl Rose. And let's be real here, I don't think it worked very well for him....

2. Zayne

Zayne New Member

Albums:
    I did it, and I'm your typical, male, intellectualizing-of-emotions type. I was curled up in a ball on the floor sobbing.

3. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

I've never tried it, and I'm not at all sure that I believe in past lives at all, but I'd love to try it! I just want to try it for fun though, not for therapeutic reasons.

4. _Jonesy

_Jonesy Member

Actually I would like to try this. I do not believe my soul used to be involved in another life but I always feel like I have strange connections to other times and even feel like I would have been perfectly suited to that old way of life.

I think the answers this therapy gives mostly do come from common likes mixed with images we read about in books or see on TV. Like having a dream.

Whether it has uses in terms of overcoming emotional issues, I'm not 100% sure how, and I would bet there are better techniques or therapies available. I keep getting a vibe of taro card reading from what your post is describing :p

This made me laugh out loud. After his... performances at the Leeds (I was there) and Reading Festivals last year... yep, this guy has issues :p

#4 _Jonesy, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  5. midlifebear

Gold Member

I'd prefer taking the correct dosage of LDS and allowed to talk things through.

6. D_Vladimir Jurkov

Albums:
    No, anyone can do Tarot cards. They are generic and can be applied to anyone. Regressive Therapy is personal and you are using your own mind in a deep trance-like state where you are not aware of your physical surroundings. Brain scans have shown areas of the brain light up during and after meditation, and millions of people benefit from such cerebral techniques. From my understanding, the therapy is a sort of guided meditative process.

What I speak of involves physically making changes in the brain, while Tarot cards provide a temporary suggestion on a very basic mental level and the person being tricked is able to figure out the game within a week, probably on the way home even.

Like I said, the past lives may not be real, but they seem real and it's very likely that physical changes in brain chemistry are achieved.

7. D_Vladimir Jurkov

Albums:
    You certainly mean LSD and a) it's very difficult to get 2) it's hard to know what kind you are getting (don't take the Spiderman acid!!!) and d) LSD enlightens one. This is the last thing the gov't wants. That's why punishment for possessing and selling acid is worse than many murder sentences. And that goes back to it being very difficult to get. No one wants to admit they have it unless they really trust someone. Because people often buy it in sheets. If you get caught with a sheet, there is no legal argument - you WILL be convicted of selling. And that's 25 to life here in the states, buddy.

8. ManofThunder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Apart from my personal disbelief in anything quite so mystical - the biggest issue I have with past life, regression therapy is the subject of the past life itself. Almost all of the people who have tried it were apparently Cleopatra, Alexander the Great, Henry VIII or a Knight of the Round Table in a past-life. It is simply not possible for more than one person to have been another. Unless you believe that not only do we have past-lives, but in fact we have multiple ones and leap from person to person after so many years of inhabiting them in a 'Quantum Leap' fashion. Regardless of what you believe though, there would still be a great number of people who were only slaves or simple farmers. It seems to me that people wish to be more 'glamorous' and so in turn choose such characters for themselves. These are my thoughts on the issue anyway. :smile:

9. Ed69

Gold Member

#9 Ed69, Mar 3, 2011
  10. midlifebear

Gold Member

I was wondering who would be the first to notice that. :rolleyes:

In the USA and most Asian countries it is indeed difficult to obtain pure lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD). However, in "other" parts of the word it's quite easy to obtain pure, liquid LSD containing 5 micrograms per droplet in a clear suspension of purified water. The stuff lasts for decades as long as it's not exposed to direct sunlight or ultraviolet light for extended periods.

And yes, you be going to the pokey for a long time for exercising your freedom to simply ingest the stuff. Especially in the wild and free USA. LSD is still being researched by many reputable institutions, such as the chemistry arm of the Sorbonne. Just imagine, the Catholic Church underwriting research on hallucinogens? Oh my! And even Hoffman/LaRoche and Sandoze have divisions that continue to investigate it's spiritual as well as therapeutic applications. Even more interesting is that it can be administered immediately after a major trauma to the body (broken bone, for example) and kill pain as good -- if not better than -- opiates. And it is non addictive. But that doesn't stop "the Man" from preventing us "slaves" from getting our hands on it, even with a prescription.

However, it is readily available in a purified water suspension and often used by many to deal with depression. Too much of the stuff and you start to see things that are best not investigated.:biggrin1:

Anyone taking any other form of LSD (paper, capsule, microdot, etc.) is just asking for trouble. The real stuff is actually quite harmless and extremely beneficial.

#10 midlifebear, Mar 3, 2011
  11. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Given the references that you have made in other instance to your origins in Utah, I assumed that you wrote "LDS" on purpose--though I couldn't understand what you meant to say.

I applaud Kisses for separating the question of whether this kind of treatment benefits people from the question whether it has any basis in reality. Treatments can be based on utter delusion yet be effective on people's emotional lives. The snag is that their effectiveness usually requires, and tends to encourage, credulity; and people who are credulous are easy marks for swindlers. Further, even if you are willing to play along with a supposedly therapeutic practice that is based on claims that are devoid of all scientific credibility, you should ask yourself how scrupulous the practitioners of such an art are likely to be. I don't doubt that they act in good faith: they surely believe in their own hooey, just as faith healers and quacks of all kinds tend to do. But that does not mean that they are honest. It just means that the dust that they throw in your eyes gets in their own as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted