Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The dollar has strengthened by 25% and oil has fallen by 60%. A weak dollar had some impact on the price of oil (25%) and weakening demand about a 10% drop. But speculation by investors not normally in the oil market caused about about a 25% jump in price. A regulation of who is eligible to invest in the futures market is necessary to prevent this happening again. If we had regulation of the futures market the last 2 years, we would have had $2.50 gas.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If you had read it accurately, we would at least been able to dialogue. -Because you are of limited wit, you jumped on my post in error. This is all your fault but I know your aren't real capable.

Coming from someone who actually thinks paying 77 cents per dollar for a Euro, when at one point in time the American Dollar was stronger, I think you should be the last person who should be talking about wits. But go on ahead... TRY to fool yourself into believing that you're the intelligent being on this thread. Anyone can misread a statement. You did, hook, line & sinker, when I created my "White Privilege" thread a couple of months ago.

However, being chronically wrong on every other social & financial matter known to man takes a special kind of mental disability that only a forum bigot like you can lower themselves to. And with every lame attempt at an insult you send to me, I guarantee that I'll get you to a level that will expose more of it. Do yourself a favor and move on. You don't want to make something as silly as a post interpretation a major issue. :rolleyes:

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The dollar has strengthened by 25% and oil has fallen by 60%. A weak dollar had some impact on the price of oil (25%) and weakening demand about a 10% drop. But speculation by investors not normally in the oil market caused about about a 25% jump in price. A regulation of who is eligible to invest in the futures market is necessary to prevent this happening again. If we had regulation of the futures market the last 2 years, we would have had $2.50 gas.

Now this is an intelligent reply. Here something we can dialogue about.

My question is now that we are creating all this liquidity (printing money) Where might the next asset bubble arise?

In the '90s it was stocks, and when that crashed, liquidity moved into real estate, creating another asset bubble. We have to inflate our way out, there is no other choice. That inflation must go somewhere.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Coming from someone who actually thinks paying 77 cents per dollar for a Euro, when at one point in time the American Dollar was stronger, I think you should be the last person who should be talking about wits. But go on ahead... TRY to fool yourself into believing that you're the intelligent being on this thread. Anyone can misread a statement. You did, hook, line & sinker, when I created my "White Privilege" thread a couple of months ago.

However, being chronically wrong on every other social & financial matter known to man takes a special kind of mental disability that only a forum bigot like you can lower themselves to. And with every lame attempt at an insult you send to me, I guarantee that I'll get you to a level that will expose more of it. Do yourself a favor and move on. You don't want to make something as silly as a post interpretation a major issue. :rolleyes:

I didn't misread a thing. I know who you are. And throwing up a straw man( **oh he says in the whiniest voice possible, well a long time ago the dollar was stronger, so the dollar getting stronger(which is all I said, quite well proven and eruditely with graphs and facts) now really isn't good** when the discussion is about what has happened in the past 3 months is the realm of a weak minded loser. Knock down a straw man that no one put up except for you. Quercusone could see it but you could not. Time for self examination, whiney.

No wonder you are poor, underemployed, and poorly educated. All you do is whine. Wah, Wah, Wah. What a baby.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Now this is an intelligent reply. Here something we can dialogue about.

My question is now that we are creating all this liquidity (printing money) Where might the next asset bubble arise?

In the '90s it was stocks, and when that crashed, liquidity moved into real estate, creating another asset bubble. We have to inflate our way out, there is no other choice. That inflation must go somewhere.

Well obviously the graphical analysis shows the dollar getting stronger and one could make that rationalization considering the facts/evidence, but let's face it, it didn't get stronger because of US prosperity and a healthy economy. It's propped up by bailouts and the US government making an effort to prop up it's economy with that commitment for further debt. The US has probably/arguably made the biggest effort to bolster the international/global economy when comparing a bailout effort of all nations on an individual basis to this point. We're still the leader when it comes to that. Obama has indicated he wants to nearly double it, or be prepared to do so when he takes office.

It'll be interesting to see where this goes ? The US economy may suck, get worse, but it still may be significantly better off than what the rest of the world can have going on at any particular point in time. Geesh, I don't believe I just posted that, sounds like something Bush would've said ? Only thing missing was a buzzphrase, something like "the realization of the soft bigotries of lower expectations" ?

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well obviously the graphical analysis shows the dollar getting stronger and one could make that rationalization considering the facts/evidence, but let's face it, it didn't get stronger because of US prosperity and a healthy economy. It's propped up by bailouts and the US government making an effort to prop up it's economy with that commitment for further debt. The US has probably/arguably made the biggest effort to bolster the international/global economy when comparing a bailout effort of all nations on an individual basis to this point. We're still the leader when it comes to that. Obama has indicated he wants to nearly double it, or be prepared to do so when he takes office.

It'll be interesting to see where this goes ? The US economy may suck, get worse, but it still may be significantly better off than what the rest of the world can have going on at any particular point in time. Geesh, I don't believe I just posted that, sounds like something Bush would've said ? Only thing missing was a buzzphrase, something like "the realization of the soft bigotries of lower expectations" ?

You throw up a straw man too. Bring up a point that the other person never made but somehow pretend that he did, and slam that down. Its a common tactic of someone who is either confused or beaten. I NEVER said why the dollar was stronger, only THAT it was stronger and that as it has strengthened, oil has come down in cost. And I proved it. President Bush was unfairly chastised for allowing oil to rise so high so its only fair he get credit for getting gas lower than it has been in years. However my point is not even that. He should not have been criticized b/4 or praised now. He had nothing to do with it.

This is a key point of understanding why things are the way they are. Much of our problems are due to monetary errors made by the Fed. That is not the domain of the Pres. President elect Obama will have the same issues. OIl will sky rocket in a few months or years and he will be blamed but it won't be his fault. He will be treated quite unfairly for things out of his control.

President Bush needs to shoulder the blame for lots of things that went wrong but oil was not his fault.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I didn't misread a thing. I know who you are.And throwing up a straw man( **oh he says in the whiniest voice possible, well a long time ago the dollar was stronger, so the dollar getting stronger(which is all I said, quite well proven and eruditely with graphs and facts) now really isn't good** when the discussion is about what has happened in the past 3 months is the realm of a weak minded loser. Knock down a straw man that no one put up except for you. Quercusone could see it but you could not. Time for self examination, whiney.

No wonder you are poor, underemployed, and poorly educated. All you do is whine. Wah, Wah, Wah. What a baby.

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz...
Excuse me, are you still bitching? :rolleyes:

And yes... as the thread creator of "White Privilege", I can say that without a doubt that you provided an epic comprehension fail of major proportions. The main line that was underlined, italicized and bolded in the OP was to "take color out of the picture". And you didn't, as you introduced yourself to the thread as the "forum bigot" and went on some racial tirade. Why don't you go reread your own posts and remind yourself? So yeah, don't think you're without scruple here.

Like I said... misreading a post is one thing. Something that YOU do as much as anyone else. Insulting is another. And if the game goes into that territory I promise you that I'll send you seeking therapy. Walk away from this now.

Last edited:

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You throw up a straw man too. Bring up a point that the other person never made but somehow pretend that he did, and slam that down. Its a common tactic of someone who is either confused or beaten. I NEVER said why the dollar was stronger, only THAT it was stronger and that as it has strengthened, oil has come down in cost. And I proved it. President Bush was unfairly chastised for allowing oil to rise so high so its only fair he get credit for getting gas lower than it has been in years. However my point is not even that. He should not have been criticized b/4 or praised now. He had nothing to do with it.

This is a key point of understanding why things are the way they are. Much of our problems are due to monetary errors made by the Fed. That is not the domain of the Pres. President elect Obama will have the same issues. OIl will sky rocket in a few months or years and he will be blamed but it won't be his fault. He will be treated quite unfairly for things out of his control.

President Bush needs to shoulder the blame for lots of things that went wrong but oil was not his fault.

I don't think I slammed anything ? Confused, beaten, if anything, only over the accusations of confusion or being beaten ? So by your graph and theory, the dollar will not get any stronger than .77 ? Because if it did gasoline prices would drop further ? And oil will sky rocket again and be Obama's to absorb the blame ? I believe gas will go up, but it has come down to keep the economy going. When people cut back, the one's with the oil/gas have 2 choices, raise the price to sell as little of it and make more profit to cover the decrease in demand. Or they can drop the price and encourage increased consumption. I think oil/gas will correct itself for the demand as alternatives are chosen by consumers. There's going to be those that go with gasoline, those that go with a hybrid and still others going electric. Those selling any of them are going to figure out what they want to make, keep the rest of us in the dark on what it's costing them and in the end, whatever power source will cost the same over the life of a vehicle regardless of what any of us goes with. The only difference is which one of them we wind up paying.

BTW, Bush's policies and even his vocal efforts influenced anything that happened with the economy, be it war, interest rates and inflation. Bush owns what he had to do to turn this economy around after the dot com bust, 9/11/2001, war on terrorism. He owns it, it's his legacy. I don't know what/how you feel about Jimmy Carter, but if "W" Bush gets a pass, Carter does too or any of them for that matter ?

Who knows, oil/gas may have gone down partly because Bush's reign of terror is done ? As an American voter/taxpayer, I feel exhausted from the last 8 years, relieved that Bush is out. There's a feeling of "what next", but seeing the inflation erode from the last 8 years, I will say I'm against bailouts simply because they'll fail like any other bailout has. It only delays the inevitable. Perhaps they'll soften the recession for some, but for those that lost their jobs already, it has to mean very little. I might even understand a bitterness from those if it goes prolonged. I was in that category as Bush took office, I even felt low-balled coming back into whatever prosperity occurred under Bush. I think those controlling this, should have seen it and lowered prices a long time before now. Greed was their issue.