Regular sized condoms don't fit?

readingHelpsMe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Hello,

I'm an averaged sized guy and have never had a problem with a regular sized condom. Now, I was wondering how restricting can a regular condom be on a large sized penis or how much of it is just for ego? I mean a regular sized condom can fit over a forearm no problem! (Har, har, yeah, yeah, you are bigger than a forearm. :) Now that is out of the way what are the serious answers.)

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Serious answer:

A regular-sized condom can fit over a forearm, but is the manufacturer willing to guarantee that it will still be effective against pregnancy and disease when stretched beyond its intended specs? The tighter you stretch a condom, the more likely it is to develop microfissures, and the more likely it is to break under actual usage.

I will concede that there are people out there who buy large condoms and don't really need them, but there are people out there who genuinely require extra girth from their condoms. A condom that fits properly makes the sex act both safer and more enjoyable.

Late Knight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hello,

I'm an averaged sized guy and have never had a problem with a regular sized condom. Now, I was wondering how restricting can a regular condom be on a large sized penis or how much of it is just for ego? I mean a regular sized condom can fit over a forearm no problem! (Har, har, yeah, yeah, you are bigger than a forearm. :) Now that is out of the way what are the serious answers.)

I'm an average sized guy too or maybe on the large size of average, I guess. And, I never had any problem with a regular sized condom either. But, I think that even so-called regular sized condoms do vary in size. My wife and I have counted on condoms for birth control for a lot of years now, and we go thru 7 - 10 a week and so far no kids! And, sometimes we can go at it with a lot of energy too! LOL!!! But anyway, I might be old-fashion but I can have all the fun and pleasure I/we need using the basic Trojan-enz lubricated kind. After a while when a guy gets used to them I think there great, and we can even work the "putting it on" part into the a lot of fun. You know, foreplay. Besides, I want a condom to fit tight just not constricting which I've never experienced so far. I view a good strong tight condom as my best friend next to my wife. No ejaculation or orgasm problems here, AND NO KIDS!

giantsfrey

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
when i used condoms magnum XLs worked best for me. everything else was just too tight, or would break, but even those didn't work real well. i'm just not good with condoms, and they seem to be really hard to manage with a big thick dick. i donno. condoms are only comfortable if they're somewhat loose, i think. (obviously not loose enough to the point where they'd slip off)

ItsSubjective

Just Browsing
Media
I actually found regular sized condoms painful at the base. It made it difficult for me to maintain erections when using them. Of course, it never dawned on me it was because the condoms were too tight, until a friend’s girlfriend mentioned she heard I was hung. I still don’t consider myself hung, but I have found that Magnums fit snugly without the pain. I haven’t seen any slippage or breakage with either Magnums or regular sized condoms.

hrconsulttex

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My thickness around the base makes many regular condoms too constricting. I've also had a few break. I like ones that are a little looser fit, but not so tight that they will come off. The more constricting ones are not only hard to put on and uncomfortable, but they also often cause me to go soft.

Donk

Experimental Member
Media
Yes, it's physically possible to stretch a regular size condom over any size human penis. But that's not the same thing as saying the condom will feel comfortable or be safe. Think of it this way--you could squeeze your feet into a pair of shoes that is a half size too small, but you would not want to walk very far in them. A condom that is too tight will feel uncomfortable, if not downright painful, and is more likely to break and--ironically--to slip off (because of friction between the penis shaft, the tight condom, and the wall of the vagina, or something like that). A condom that is too short leaves penile skin exposed--possibly permitting transfer of disease--and is also more likely to slip off if the ring at the base of the condom gets up inside the vagina and is then pulled out.

Bottom line, while many guys undoubtedly buy Magnums just as an ego thing, men with larger penises do have a serious need for larger condoms. Sure, a regular size condom can be used in a pinch (pun intended) but I think the ones who are really putting ego over safety/comfort are these touchy-feely sex-ed teachers who stretch condoms over their forearms and pooh-pooh the need for larger condoms for some. It seems like the standard line of sex educators whenever penis size comes up to push the inaccurate idea that all penises are basically the same size.

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yeah, condoms that are too small will actually create a red ring from squeezing into you at the base.

Not to mention your dick will start going numb and feel like the circulation is being cut off because the rest of the condom on it is too tight lol. :smile:

Dorset

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to find that regular condoms split too often when I used them, TheyFit condoms never have though. Also, when I wore TheyFit for the first time it was also the first time that I hadn't fealt discomfort while using a condom.

fatunicorn

Just Browsing
Media
I bought the extra large condoms in madrid. It was uncomfortable (basically its this tight/pinching asexual feeling all over your penis) Although it was possible to have sex it was not fun to have something going against your erection. Then i discovered this place and the custom fitting condoms and it feels GREAT (or at least how it should normally be). To compare, an average guy would not go put on one of those finger condoms for picture handling.

BlackCock85

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I actually found regular sized condoms painful at the base. It made it difficult for me to maintain erections when using them. Of course, it never dawned on me it was because the condoms were too tight, until a friend’s girlfriend mentioned she heard I was hung. I still don’t consider myself hung, but I have found that Magnums fit snugly without the pain. I haven’t seen any slippage or breakage with either Magnums or regular sized condoms.

Yea same here, regular condoms are so tight it's just not fun. I've been using Magnums but I think I may have to move up to Magnum XL's because it hurts to get the magnum on and it seems a bit tight too.