Votes: 22 44.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
With the new kinder, gentler policy of reinstating previously banned members I think this would have been the most logical place to start yet he's been bypassed not once but twice. With the reinstatements coming at a rate of one per weekend I'm starting this poll now to help the mods see how the membership at large feels about it while they review, if possible, the original banning thread to help them reach a decision.

I'm voting to have him back because I miss the curmudgeon. I liked having someone on here I could butt heads with in debate after squabble after snit and never have to worry that there'd ever be a cry of "she's picking on me!" He took everyone at face value based on the points they made in regard to the subject being discussed at the time.

A critical thinker (almost always:rolleyes:) who was disinterested in allegiances.
Ya gotta admire that.

Dirge, I've little doubt this will make it back to you so don't forget to send a reinstatement request so it's all official-like. Surely then you'll have your answer.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll bet it makes it to him.

Don't know if he would care to be reinstated.

Guess we will just have to see.

And if you really miss him - I can tell you where to find him.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think all banned member should be allowed back unless they were repeated disruptive trolls. This place should not take itself so seriously that it had to ban people for life.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I vote no - I doubt that'll surprise anyone. Here's an explanation, if anyone cares:

On the topic of LPSG he did nothing but gripe, moan and criticise - even when he attempted what on the face of it may have appeared to be constructive criticism there was more gripe and bitch about it. Despite his claims, both past and recent, that the truth remains untold it is clear he was banned for that ('disruptive content' I believe is the term in the current ToS, I don't recall the exact ToS at the time of his banning but there was a similar provision). He has continued to do that from his own sandbox, making at least one appearence here to do same under the username of oddfish something or other, and didn't even have the balls to man up to it. If he came back he would pick up exactly where he left off - what's the point?

snoozan and chicagosam are a different matter - their mo when here was not to bitch about and undermine the site, quite the opposite.

I'll bet it makes it to him.

Don't know if he would care to be reinstated.

To read him one would imagine not - but then he and the truth were never very close bedfellows as far as I could tell.

I think all banned member should be allowed back unless they were repeated disruptive trolls. This place should not take itself so seriously that it had to ban people for life.

Define that a little more clearly, would ya?

Just some drunken sailor :rolleyes:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I vote no - I doubt that'll surprise anyone. Here's an explanation, if anyone cares:

On the topic of LPSG he did nothing but gripe, moan and criticise - even when he attempted what on the face of it may have appeared to be constructive criticism there was more gripe and bitch about it. Despite his claims, both past and recent, that the truth remains untold it is clear he was banned for that ('disruptive content' I believe is the term in the current ToS, I don't recall the exact ToS at the time of his banning but there was a similar provision). He has continued to do that from his own sandbox, making at least one appearence here to do same under the username of oddfish something or other, and didn't even have the balls to man up to it. If he came back he would pick up exactly where he left off - what's the point?

Being a curmudgeon is not against TOS. I don't care for BD's personality, but that does not mean that I should decide that he doesn't belong here.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media

Being a curmudgeon is not against TOS. I don't care for BD's personality, but that does not mean that I should decide that he doesn't belong here.

I think you may have missed something on your first read of my post.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think you may have missed something on your first read of my post.

You are being disruptive.:wink: It's a judgment call. Many of us have been disruptive or may have been perceived as such by others. I don't know much of his posting history so I can't say for sure. We are not curing cancer here, a little disruption can be fun and liven up this place.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The poll suggests a level of power among the membership that doesn't exist.

If BD wants to return, it's a question best hashed out between him and the mods, non? As shown by Nick4444, he's either been forgotten or is unknown by the majority of current members; it's kind of ancient history for them.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Bbucko, I agree that a poll isn't really appropriate for any returning members. It's a matter between the member and the site management.

I'm all for any ex-members returning to the site if they want. As long as they haven't been underage, exploiting children, or blatant trolls in the past, and agree to abide by the ToS, it's ok with me.

I would also hope they can be mature enough to let bygones be begones and not start again with the tired old disagreements of the past. Let them leave the bitterness, complaining and the bitching and whining behind (and I'm not singling BD or anyone else out with that comment). Lord knows there is enough of that here already.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
With the new kinder, gentler policy of reinstating previously banned members I think this would have been the most logical place to start yet he's been bypassed not once but twice. With the reinstatements coming at a rate of one per weekend I'm starting this poll now to help the mods see how the membership at large feels about it while they review, if possible, the original banning thread to help them reach a decision.

I'm voting to have him back because I miss the curmudgeon. I liked having someone on here I could butt heads with in debate after squabble after snit and never have to worry that there'd ever be a cry of "she's picking on me!" He took everyone at face value based on the points they made in regard to the subject being discussed at the time.

A critical thinker (almost always:rolleyes:) who was disinterested in allegiances.
Ya gotta admire that.

Dirge, I've little doubt this will make it back to you so don't forget to send a reinstatement request so it's all official-like. Surely then you'll have your answer.
Will he be allowed back in if he doesn't shut down his othere place?

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Agree. The main reason I barely participate here anymore is because of all of the stupid bannings. It's an oppressive environment where the colorful and strong personalities get thrown out for simply speaking their minds.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The poll suggests a level of power among the membership that doesn't exist.

If BD wants to return, it's a question best hashed out between him and the mods, non? As shown by Nick4444, he's either been forgotten or is unknown by the majority of current members; it's kind of ancient history for them.
Which would make it seem as if some sort of a sticky thread {closed from responses} should be placed somewhere in plain view telling how one can petition for readmission. Once readmission takes place a reentry into society without more gratuitous nonsense threads of 'welcome back A, B or C'. What those are going to eventually lead to is people asking why C. D or E was not reinstated when they asked.

Don't read me wrong, I'm solidly against the banning unless there's a legit reason~~sorry Banisters, your 'Disruptive' slop doesn't cut it. Similar to you Mr.Dirigible speaks his mind. He just happens to be a bit crisper around the edges than some perhaps in his delivery and he tells what he is thinking. He adds intellect without nonsensical selfindulgent smarmyness. He does however have a humor side, and even displayed it here a number of times. Pull up his profile,LPSG.ORG - View Profile: big dirigible check his posts and get a feel of who he is.

Why yes Banisters there it is, your long running feud with him=big dirigible - please read this then go piss up a rope and yet you raced over and joined his site when it opened up~~well actually not until August 2, 2007.

O