Relationship escape plan

Do you have a secret stash and a plan for exiting a relationship?

• I have neither a stash nor a plan, and dont need them

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I need an exit, but don't have a stash or a plan yet

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I have a stash, but no exit plan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have an exit plan, but no stash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have both a stash and an exit plan, but don't need them

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I have both a stash and an exit plan, and I'm waiting to use them

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

palakaorion

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A discussion on another platform led a woman to confidently proclaim that every woman she knows has both a secret stash and an exit plan for her relationship; that she was astonished that wasn't common knowledge; and that having an exit plan wasn't an indication that a relationship was in trouble.

Women of LPSG, what say ye?

(Poll responses are anonymous for obvious safety reasons.)

MEN: the site software doesn't prevent us from voting in polls in Ask A Woman. Please, let's pull up our big boy pants and behave for once, and abstain from voting here. Consider it a "post denial" kink.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have a bug out plan for every situation, including relationships. Because everything is fine until it ain't. My intention is never to be on the leash of someone's less than merciful whims.

Should my current situation go boom one week for travel/relocation and my life is back to my own with minimal misery.

The mindset is so engrained in me I can't imagine living any other way. Broken hearted and without resources? No. Just no.

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
PS I am forever trying to tell folks they need to prepare for bubbles bursting.

I'm prepared for my bubble to burst. It has before. With HIM.. I know he may leave one day. That's what I prepare for, because I know I'm not going to be the one to leave if that ever happens.

Unless he flat out beats me or someone I love (my parents) I'm not going anywhere.

Some say I'm less than intelligent for that decision. My reply: love and intelligence aren't in the same family.

If my bubble bursts it's because he had the escape plan. Me? Call me whatever the actual fuck you want (speaking to the community as a whole) but I'm not gonna bounce on him. Very extreme circumstances would have to happen for me to leave him. VERY. VERY FUCKING EXTREME.

He's literally imprinted on me.

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
No plans to leave and no specific stash altho money isn't an issue, we're happy and I have no reason to question that, I'm married and as far as I'm concerned it's for life.
I neither know of anyone else I know with such a plan or stash as you put it, I have tho helped the odd friend out in their time of need as anyone would help a true friend where they can. I'd imagine anyone who has such precise plans can't be serious about their relationship or they know it doesn't suit them in the first place, in my experience most relationships that fail end up coming to a head with a chaotic exit by one of the parties, some time ago myself and other friends helped out our friend in this kinda situation, we simply turned up mob handed and moved her out with all her possessions in a matter of hours, kept her belongings safe and put her up until she got her life back on track.

Reactions: deleted1846971

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Never had a plan. Can't even imagine why I would have one. When I'm in a relationship it's to stay - if the relationship is ending then we merely split.

I know culture, society and economics are different in different parts of the world but here it's the norm to simply move on if you reach that point.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Even when I did have a joint account with my partner, I had my own income and bank account. I am independent. I like having my own money. I probably should have had an exit plan with him, but I didn’t. He was not a nice man. But at least when it ended, I was financially still on my feet.

That’s really the only time I’ve seen women with secret stashes and exit plans - when the partner is dangerous. That’s the counsel given people in abusive relationships - stash what you can and make a plan.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
In this context, a stash is secret money your partner knows nothing about, for use specifically to escape the relationship.
Yes. I’ve done this.
Now I simply plan for six months expenses in a separate account.
That will work for sudden replacement of partner by body snatchers, unemployment, illness.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Reactions: MickeyLee