Relationship question to women

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Gecko4lif, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    Alot of females who believe themselves to have become my "girlfriend" or something apropos suddenly deem it no longer necessary to maintain the shape they were in at the beginning of the relationship and lets themselves go as it were. Often to quite dramatic results.

Why is this?

2. D_Rufus_D_Dufus

D_Rufus_D_Dufus Account Disabled

Its because they feel comfortable.. it happens to men too.

3. SoSoPretty

SoSoPretty Member

Albums:
    Pretty much....

~TIP~

4. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Some people just let themselves go.

I'm not sure whether that phenomenon is more common amongst men or women. My husband and I have noticed that amongst our friends, it's usually the men who let themselves go and get beer bellies and start acting slovenly when they get into LTR and the women who still watch their weight, exercise, and groom themselves like they did when they were single, but I described that observation here once and two people said that amongst their friends, it's the opposite and that the men they knew all stayed trim and fit and the women let themselves go. Perhaps regional difference, age group, race, or social class have an influence.

I personally haven't experienced this. Up until I got pregnant, I wore the same since since I was 14-15 years old and I've never been in a LTR with a man who looked much different when we broke up than when we got together. The only way that the men I've been with have "let themselves go" would be regarding hair, by which I mean any hair that they have, anywhere on their bodies.

#4 petite, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  5. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    You must really make them think they can ease up on the pretenses, gecko. Little did they know that you liked the false face they were painting on!

The remedy might be to go for actress or diva types who have some sort of professional investment in maintaining a shiny facade no matter how happy you make them behind the scenes. Just a wild theory...

6. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wild indeed. Im am anxious to test it out :biggrin1:

7. VernalTiger

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Another factor in weight gain in LTR is meal sizes - women often "upsize" their meal portions to something similar to their man's, which can pack on the weight in short order.

Another thought: we all put our best face forward for dates - nice clothing, groomed/removed hair etc - because we're going out in public or there's the prospect of wild, exciting sexy sex at the end of the night. That same catwalk model probably wears a faded hoodie, greyed knickers, baggy old trackpants and ugg boots in the privacy of her own home. The difference is a new partner never sees this side until the relationship is well established. So maybe it's not always about letting oneself go, as it is allowing oneself be seen in a less than desirable state.

8. syagash

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    As we get older our lives change, with kids and a demanding career I find it hard at times to keep on track with exercise and eating well. Some time I feel exhausted at the end of the day and just want to take it easy.

9. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    Gecko just wants his partner to put the warpaint back on sometime :tongue:

10. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

I found that gals are starving themselves practically all the time until they land a guy. and once the builds to a comfortable relationship they start eating more, the first telltale sign is a little more "junk in the trunk" "cushion for the pushing", the gal gets a steady diet of cock and the butt gets a little bigger.

11. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I alsways gain weight within stable relationships. I have never been sure why. I call it my happiness weight. When I notice it though, I have a talk about lifestyle with my man, and we work together to get rid of our happy pounds. I have never been the only one to gain weight in a relationship. I have always found we both gained, and the dude takes it back off way faster than I do.

12. fored

fored Member

Yes it is the same for men too..cause in a relationship you're basically just eating together quite a lot of the time. If you don't want this issue maybe you should incorporate some active activities in your relationship. Like biking or jogging.

13. sodominsane

sodominsane Member

one of my hobbies after work is mma fighting......about 2hours a day training at least.....single me goes ever day.....me in a relationship goes three times a week....and alot more time spent watching a movie on the couch, snuggling and chowing pizza together.

im sure for a chick it abit of the same.

plus this exchange is quite common in all my relationships

her...hi baby how was work
    me.. fine
    her.. what do you want to do today
    me..eat

also current girl....as single girl her fridge has wine, oatmeal, condaments and some tv dinners (lean)

now...steak, pork, milk, cheese etc...packed with shit i like

gone are the days of a bowl of cpt crunch in front of sex in the city, but multicoarse meals prepared for me.......

so she gets a little heavy in the ass.....im happy shes happy...what a tradeoff

14. RedScrotum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    When you're in a relationship, one of the things you do together, is go get something to eat, or some drinks. Where as when you're single, you stayed home and had a bowl of soup. Eating out and drinking a few times a week will pack on the pounds.

15. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    you have the right nick

16. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    works good for me
    I like big butts and can sure give a girl some steady cock :eek:)

17. Patchos

Gold Member

Dump the fat cow. Women should always make sure they are attractive.

18. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh Patchos you always tickle me so

19. ConstantComment

ConstantComment New Member

A few reasons that I can think of:

1. Entertaining and going out revolves around eating and drinking, as someone else said. When I'm not dating someone, I would show up at a party having already eaten my (low carb approved) meal. Now that I am in a relationship, we will most likely eat together before going to the party.

2. I spend most of the weekend with my guy. If I didn't, I would probably go to the gym both of those days even if I were to have a date in the evening.

3. I think it looks whiny and unattractive to openly worry about my weight in front of my guy. When we go to a restaurant, I show that I enjoy my food. I try to discreetly choose those items that won't set me back too far. OTOH, trying something that he ordered, sharing a dessert or enjoying the special bread that the restaurant is known for is an enjoyable way to share the experience. And well, which would you prefer, some whiny little gf always talking about her weight or someone who enjoys the moments when you're together.

20. redejb87

redejb87 Member

Probably b/c they try to look their best to get a man, and then when they have one and feel comfortable enough around them they let their guard down, which is all that warpaint and tacky clothing. If you love someone, it shouldn't matter what they look like anyway. It's a bit more than skin deep. My bf and I have gained a little weight since being together, just b/c we are happy and we both know we don't have to worry about always trying to look our best. Not to say it's ok if they become huge, but some weight gain is pretty normal. Men are always more interested in looks than women are anyway, most of the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted