relationship with a manic/depressive...???

SandraSmithCarver

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I can't believe some of you guys just say leave...that's just cruel. It's not like people choose to have bipolar disorder..

No one chooses to be an alcoholic or drug addict either,,, but if they wont help them selves, you have to choice but to leave, ya gotta save yourself

Billy Batts

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
With kid gloves,it will never be easy,be supportive and develop a very thick skin as one day you'll be the devil incarnate (according to your partner) and the next the best thing since sliced bread.

Get support for yourself as well as some days you'll feel like cracking up yourself.

Good luck!

I agree with this. I was also in a relationship with a girl that had manic symptoms. She was genuinely a good person I believe, but she had intense mood swings and put major guilt trips on me for no reason. It was exhausting. I didn't like her enough to stay though, that is to say, she didn't hook me first before starting in with the manic behavior. Had she at least held back on the manic behavior in the beginning, I might have grown more attached and been willing to tolerate her behavior later on.