Relationships with a Bisexual.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
There has been a bit of talk on the boards lately about Bisexuals.

It got me thinking. How many members of LPSG would be ok with having a relationship with a Bisexual male/female?

Is there any concerns or fears that the person may choose the other sex?

I suppose I should add my two sense first. I am perfectly comfortable with the idea of dating a bisexual. Boy or girl, I think a relationship is based on trust and love for the other person.

I imagine that I would be just as concerned that I may get dumped by my partner, for another member of the same sex as well as the opposite sex.

gsoler

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
A bisexal is a bisexual. The fact that he is (or thinks he is) bi has nothing to do with whether he is capable of sustaining a relationship with you or anyone else.

Period.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would date a bisexual man. I have no problem dating a bisexual man. I wouldn't even care if he needed to have some pussy every now and again, as long as he was coming home to me.

I guess like Savage Garden says (how cliche) "I believe honesty is more important than monogamy."

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
A bisexal is a bisexual. The fact that he is (or thinks he is) bi has nothing to do with whether he is capable of sustaining a relationship with you or anyone else.

Period.

I have to agree with that whole heartedly. I just wondered if other people felt that way... an insecurity of some sort.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have to agree with that whole heartedly. I just wondered if other people felt that way... an insecurity of some sort.

Some probably do feel that way. I'm 100% gay and really REALLY do not understand the desire or need to have sex with a woman. I simply don't get it. I assume there are a fair number of gay men who likewise don't understasnd this, and probably an even fairer amount of straight women who don't understand the opposite.

Many people fear what they don't understand. I don't tend to worry too much about what i don't understand. If i'm meant to understand it, i will eventually. But i fear i am an exception to the norm.

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Have had relationsips with both bi males and females. In a relationship with a bi female right now. We all seem to have trouble being faithfull no matter what we are. Bi doesn't make us any different. My bi female friend I am seeing now likes to invite a female friend to join us every now and then. She's happy, I am happy. We have a no pressure type relationship. So we are all happy.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Some probably do feel that way. I'm 100% gay and really REALLY do not understand the desire or need to have sex with a woman. I simply don't get it. I assume there are a fair number of gay men who likewise don't understasnd this, and probably an even fairer amount of straight women who don't understand the opposite.

Many people fear what they don't understand. I don't tend to worry too much about what i don't understand. If i'm meant to understand it, i will eventually. But i fear i am an exception to the norm.
Well said! You have a good outlook on life.......:cool:

~quicksilver~

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
As a gay male I would have no problem dating a bisexual guy...and have done in the past, the fact that they are actively attracted to women turns me on a bit... However, recently my sister had a couple of dates with a bisexual guy and asked my advice I told her that she shouldn't go there... I dunno. As a gay male I am comfortable with being with a bisexual man, but I wouldn't want my sister or other close girl friends to be with one... Maybe I am just being over-protective and off base. Is it a weird double-standard or would anyone else think similarly?

Wonderboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

It got me thinking. How many members of LPSG would be ok with having a relationship with a Bisexual male/female?

I suppose I should add my two sense first. I am perfectly comfortable with the idea of dating a bisexual. Boy or girl, I think a relationship is based on trust and love for the other person.

I imagine that I would be just as concerned that I may get dumped by my partner, for another member of the same sex as well as the opposite sex.

Are you bisexual?

And really, I'd love to date a bisexual, more chance of a MFF threesome. I wouldn't care if she was fucking other girls either since its (hopefully) me she'd be coming to for the cock! :biggrin1:

That's my take on it. At least, at my age I'm not too bothered. If I were to settle down with someone and start a family, then she'd probably have to be straight since there'd be that worry ten years in - would she want some pussy? Which I wouldn't be able to give her :mad:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't mind bisexual men. Like other men, I will not involve myself with them if they are:

1. Married and wife doesn't know about his sexuality.
  2. fathers with one or more children.
  3. abusive and show much disrespect. The "-isms" of human prejudice are included in this.
  4. personal hygenically challenged.
  5. conflicted to a fault.
  6. not liking me.

SilverSoldier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Bisexual men brought AIDS into the heterosexual community by infecting women.

Yes, of course. These and many other ignorant assumptions.
Aids is a result of sex, period.

Another bi basher who believes bisexuals are the root of the problem? Hmmmm..... makes me wonder.

SilverSoldier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

This is a good subject, Jeff. There is some thought and concern about what you ask.

I am bisexual, was married twice (and faithful) to two women. I was married for over 24 years total. I have a year break between marriages, and my second marriage only lasted a year. (Long, sad story.) I have a partner who is the bes thing that ever happened to me emotionally. I miss heterosexual sex quite frankly, but am happy to trade it off for the peace in my life now.

The concern of "the wandering eye" of the bisexual is real, and is constant. However, I believe STRONGLY that if a person wants to live in peace, get out of the drama and emotional tugs of war, you come to a mutual agreement with boundaries that work and are healthy for both. Both get to flourish, not just one or the other. Whatever that agreement about boundaries is, should be kept, and as needed adjusted. If one party can't live by the agreed rules, then it's time to reconsider, adjust, or perhaps (hopefully not) move on. It takes some maturity and selflessness to make any relationship work. You never get everything all the time. It just doesn't work that way. But when you are willing to give, and the other person is also, there are huge dividends for a lasting relationship.

That's my two cents on the subject.
:cool:

Nitrofiend

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Bisexual men brought AIDS into the heterosexual community by infecting women.

Yay!!! He's acknowledging that we exist!!!

(that's an improvement)

My gf is bisexual, and I'm bisexual. At the moment I'm away so we have an open relationship and she's fucked a couple of girls since I've been gone. But she comes to me for the cock, and MFF threesomes are fun o.-.

In general, bisexuals are people, and not all people are good or can be trusted. Being a bisexual doesn't give you a free pass to cheat, and a bisexual doesn't mandatorily require partners or relationships of both sexes simultaneously. Cheating is cheating. A straight person can use the same excuse of wanting to fuck more people, but it's just as (in)valid. If some of them can control their urges, so can some bisexuals -- there's no reason they shouldn't be able to.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
This is a good subject, Jeff. There is some thought and concern about what you ask.
......That's my two cents on the subject.
:cool:

Yah, see the thought is; If someone is bisexual, they have double the offers and double the options.

Obviously, as I said before, it really is based on the relationship. However, for those people who are more insecure with their partners... the element of bisexuality and the "constant threat" of someone else entering the picture...I can see it being quite scary.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I dated a bisexual woman. Ultimately she dumped me for another man, not a woman. I was never really concerned about her leaving me for a woman, mainly because she wasn't interested in a relationship with a woman - just sex.