Relationships with a Bisexual.

titan1968

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
What an interesting subject! I must thank you jeff black for having the courage to start this thread. The ideas expressed so far are thought-provoking and refreshing.

I also believe that it is possible to have a meaningful relationship with a bisexual, and the members' experiences proves it. However, I'm not certain that I could share my 'sunshine' with someone else. When I'm in a relationship with someone I love, I'm hopelessly devoted to that person: that person becomes my world. It must be the protector in me.

For me to be in a relationship with a bisexual, there would most certainly have to be mutually agreed upon guidelines; otherwise, it would be a living hell for me and the other partner.

P.S.: Could some of you contact me? I'd like to learn more on the subject. I could use your insight. Thanks.

Yah, see the thought is; If someone is bisexual, they have double the offers and double the options.
Obviously, as I said before, it really is based on the relationship. However, for those people who are more insecure with their partners... the element of bisexuality and the "constant threat" of someone else entering the picture...I can see it being quite scary.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Guidelines and openness are the things.

I had a fantastic relationship with a wonderful bi-sexual woman.

I had no problems with her having a GF, who was 100% lesbian, so there was no crossover - though she did have an unnatural interest in my tackle if I remember, but then our GF used to tease her about it (that's quite funny now I think about it). There was never any question of anything happening between all three of us.

She had both sides of herself well figured out and catered for, without being immodest. Where it went wrong was the lack of discussion and my taking her GF as a sign that we had an open relationship, which in fact we didn't. We had a closed relationship, but just with three people in it.

From this hetero male's pov I found being with a bi-sexual very liberating, because she was. She had had to face issues that 100%ers don't have to and as a result she was very confident about her sexuality because she knew what it was - that is very sexy.

B_Amadeus

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well, I can say for myself that i've always been attrated to bi men. Like it was mentioned in this thread, the idea that they like girls can be a sort of turn-on; I gues it's a way of fulfilling that gay fantasy of being with a straight guy.

The reason I'M attracted to bisexual men, is that they're really comfortable and secure with their sexuality. And of course almost any guy that's comfortable and secure is going to be deemed attractive. Unlike gay men, they don't like to *advertise* their sexuality by acting, or dressing or talking differently. And like any straight female or gay guy'll tell you: being secure in your own skin is the biggest turn on, besides a sense of humor (oh, and blowjobs; those're nice).

And regarding the post that Andy made:

AIDS does not specifically target gays. If you want to have the mind set to say that bisexuality brought AIDS upon straight people, you might as well say that the uprise of interracial dating is bringing the rate of AIDS up in young white women? The truth of the matter, is that AIDS targets PROMISCUITY, not certain sexualities or races. the reason alot of gay guys get AIDS is because of careless sex, the same reason alot of straight people get it.

<rant>/<end_rant>

B_andy112311

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Andy, while your opinion is your own, I would appreciate it if you tried to stay on topic. The opinion you just stated is rude, ignorant, and not part of the question I asked.

Please respect my question.

Jeff, it's not my opinion. It's a fact. HIV was a so called "gay cancer", and then gay men spread it to their girlfriends and wives. Gay bathhouses had to be shut down because they were considered a health hazard. What started out as a few dozen gay men with HIV in major cities in the US has now killed and sickened 10 of millions of people worldwide. And sorry for going off topic. Just trying to set the record straight.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Jeff, it's not my opinion. It's a fact. HIV was a so called "gay cancer", and then gay men spread it to their girlfriends and wives. Gay bathhouses had to be shut down because they were considered a health hazard. What started out as a few dozen gay men with HIV in major cities in the US has now killed and sickened 10 of millions of people worldwide. And sorry for going off topic. Just trying to set the record straight.

More blatant lies taken from your favorite anti-gay propaganda sites.

You're about the dopiest cunt of a troll we've had around here in a while.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I've been watching this thread with great interest, but I've been reluctant to chime in because (of course) I am the bisexual in my relationship. Seems unfair to comment given my biases. But then it occurred to me, the question applies to me also.

I believe that I would be okay if my wife were bisexual, though she is not, but it was not nearly as simple of a question as I thought it would be. I began to see where Jeff was coming from. (I also saw his point. LOL) What an interesting thread.

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
This is the 21st century. The majority of the numbers/theories cited in the footnotes of the few sources I checked are outdated/outmoded, which has been demonstrated by his thinking across numerous antagontistic (and agonizing) threads.

He's obviously out to pander to some agenda here, with the quality/quantity of posts. It's obviously not shared by this community. Hence any further comment from me will be in something with jeff black's name on it :biggrin1:

As a noob I need to speak up and point that out that I'm sorry I'm not the one to do it, but somebody needs to shut this guy down. "Community standards", anyone? I realize he's got the fifth, but I didn't go to law school... and despite the incendiary nature of his posts, it's been very enlightening to read.

Nitrofiend

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've been watching this thread with great interest, but I've been reluctant to chime in because (of course) I am the bisexual in my relationship. Seems unfair to comment given my biases. But then it occurred to me, the question applies to me also.

I believe that I would be okay if my wife were bisexual, though she is not, but it was not nearly as simple of a question as I thought it would be. I began to see where Jeff was coming from. (I also saw his point. LOL) What an interesting thread.

Probably a personal question, but if you list yourself as 60% gay, 40% straight, then why do you have a wife? I would think that since you're more sexually inclined towards men, you would have a relationship with a man instead. I'm assuming it's complicated, isn't it?

Nitrofiend

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well I'm about 70% gay 30% straight yet have a husband :smile:

In my case its pretty simple. My sexual desire is primarily women, however I do love cock and I happened to fall for a guy.

Thats the good thing about a %, it doesn't dictate and doesn't exclude, its a simply guidance to your general preferences, and like all generalisations, there are always exceptions :biggrin1:

lol, I suppose my gf is pretty similar. When she goes lesbian, she goes all-out. But I'm the only guy she's into and she loves cock too much to be fully gay. She can however be quite a lesbian to reckon with:cool:.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Probably a personal question, but if you list yourself as 60% gay, 40% straight, then why do you have a wife? I would think that since you're more sexually inclined towards men, you would have a relationship with a man instead. I'm assuming it's complicated, isn't it?

I'd actually never even thought about it like that, 'til you asked. From the inside it makes perfect sense, but I am sure from the outside it seems very complicated.

It comes down to the very point I was making earlier, however, which is that bisexuality comes in a lot of forms. It is not as if your homosexuality and your heterosexuality are exactly like each other, so you weigh them out and go with the biggest one. You make a life with a person who loves and understands you, and whom you love and understand. Bisexual, in my case, means that might have been either a man or a woman. I'm greatly oversimplifying, but for our purposes here I can answer your question by saying it just so happens that the person I met at the right time and the right place was a woman. We've stayed together because we love each other and are good for each other. I can't say it has always been easy, but it sure as hell has been great.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media

You are welcome to state your opinion. I would just appreciate it if you didn't wreck my threads in the process. I am actually genuinely curious about the topic. You opinion is not something others agree with. If you would like to be contraversial, please start your own thread so people can comment there.

Nitrofiend

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd actually never even thought about it like that, 'til you asked. From the inside it makes perfect sense, but I am sure from the outside it seems very complicated.

It comes down to the very point I was making earlier, however, which is that bisexuality comes in a lot of forms. It is not as if your homosexuality and your heterosexuality are exactly like each other, so you weigh them out and go with the biggest one. You make a life with a person who loves and understands you, and whom you love and understand. Bisexual, in my case, means that might have been either a man or a woman. I'm greatly oversimplifying, but for our purposes here I can answer your question by saying it just so happens that the person I met at the right time and the right place was a woman. We've stayed together because we love each other and are good for each other. I can't say it has always been easy, but it sure as hell has been great.

Did you have a lot of experience with both men and women before you got married?

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I have personally thought that Being Bi meant being in love with a particular gender but willing to acknowledge that you have feelings of attraction to members of the remaining gender.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I have personally thought that Being Bi meant being in love with a particular gender but willing to acknowledge that you have feelings of attraction to members of the remaining gender.

Do you mean for yourself? That's really wonderful, though I doubt it describes all, or even most, bisexuals. I really admire it, however.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Do you mean for yourself? That's really wonderful, though I doubt it describes all, or even most, bisexuals. I really admire it, however.

Well, I have been thinking about myself alot lately.... After a few recent uncomfortable circumstances, I am finding myself leaning alot more heavily to the "gay side" of bisexuality.

As a guy who likes to label, and have definitions for his own well being, that is what I have classified bisexuality to be... I am curious to see some other opinions if they differ from my own

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Well, I have been thinking about myself alot lately.... After a few recent uncomfortable circumstances, I am finding myself leaning alot more heavily to the "gay side" of bisexuality.

Bisexuality is notoriously fluid. It is pretty common to find one aspect or other of your sexuality dominating for a time, even a rather long time, and then without conscious direction having it shift to a different balance. Given your age and circumstances I am not surprised to find you leaning "gay," but I will be surprised if you settle there forever.