Relationships.

wonder_cube

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Ack! I really want to be in one, but it seems there are no gay people around. I go to college in the bay area, so you think that there would be plenty of people to pick from. Well, there aren't. I suppose it's because I'm in east bay. I just don't have the kind of money to go SF every weekend... I suppose I have to go to places where gay men are.

Still, I wish it wasn't so much work to find someone!

I guess I'm just impatient and tired of get crushes on straight guys. It starts getting annoying after awhile when you realize every guy you're attracted to will never look at you the same way.

I really don't want to be in a meaningless sexual relationship. I want something more concrete than thaaaat. I know there's not much you guys and gals can help me with, but I thought I'd bring up the subject here anyway.

D_Anton_Pavlovich_Jerkhov

Account Disabled
Media
Ack! I really want to be in one, but it seems there are no gay people around. I go to college in the bay area, so you think that there would be plenty of people to pick from. Well, there aren't. I suppose it's because I'm in east bay. I just don't have the kind of money to go SF every weekend... I suppose I have to go to places where gay men are.

Still, I wish it wasn't so much work to find someone!

I guess I'm just impatient and tired of get crushes on straight guys. It starts getting annoying after awhile when you realize every guy you're attracted to will never look at you the same way.

I really don't want to be in a meaningless sexual relationship. I want something more concrete than thaaaat. I know there's not much you guys and gals can help me with, but I thought I'd bring up the subject here anyway.

You have given the right answer to your question. In bold above. Gyms, art galleries, language courses, etc... This, howver, doesn't mean that you are always going to have meaningful relationships, whatever that means at all.

Good luck!

nowayzomg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's sorta cliche'd to say, but if you look really hard you usually don't find anyone. Once you stop looking and just do your everyday routines, there he is.

If you're really desperate there's of course the internet since it's 2010, but a lot of the gay places are sex oriented I suppose, it's not something I have experience with. I do have a friend who found his bf online though.

Last edited:

ericbythebay

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
There's tons of gay guys in the east bay (we live in the east bay). Go to the city if you want to trick.

If you want a relationship, start on campus. Find some gay groups or groups likely to have gay guys, coffee shops, the library, gym, friends of friends, etc. Your much more likely to find a long term relationship that way than at the bars.

My husband and I met 14 years ago while we were both undergrads, and that was in central Illinois. If we could meet there, you can find someone in the bay area.

wonder_cube

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Pieter - Haha thanks. I'm glad you liked them!

Joca - Yes, I know. I just don't have that much time. I'm involved in a lot of theatre, so it's not like I haven't seen the gay men on my campus, but I'm just not interested in any of them. I'd like to do stuff with the GSA on campus, but they always meet during my classes. And I'm nervous when it comes to guys LMAO. I'm pretty much the anti-gay.

Nowayzomg - I think that's partially true, but I also know that I can't expect things to just come to me. There's a little bit of work involved, I suppose.

Eric - Well, I suppose I just don't have a very good gaydar. I'm sure there are lots of guys in the area, but I don't have a car and not a lot of free time from classes. I guess I can try harder, but I'm already pretty booked. I guess I'll start hitting up me friends lol.

Bardak - I suppose it could work, but I only get hit on by 40+ men when I go to those websites... And I want a relationship with someone closer to my age than that haha.

wonder_cube

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Well, some older men are, I will admit that. The ones I get, however, are not the hot ones xD

But I guess beauty is subjective...

so yeah lol.

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
my best experience at meeting other GLBT people was the Billy DeFrank Community Center Mens Support Group in San Jose. Most colleges have some form of GLBT club. Look into it.

Look at going to The City (San Francisco to you easterners) as an expensive and last resort. I wish you well.