Relative importance of issues

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The more people who respond to a thread, the more people who see it. The more people who see the thread, the more people who respond to it. Then those people keep coming back, seeing if anyone responded to what they had to say, responding back, and the thread gets bumped up in the thread hierarchy so still more people see it. I think this is part of it. Some threads fall through the cracks I think just because of poor timing.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks, NIC. I was wondering how the "rubbernecking at a fatal auto accident" phenomenon factored in.

Any moderator, please lock this thread.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Unlocked.

An addition will be made to the TOS soon concerning the status of threads and posts, which will not be locked or closed except under special circumstances (such as trolling.)

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Sometimes I feel like discussing serious topics, sometimes I don't.

Serious topics occasionally devolve into namecalling, which is offputting.

Also, some serious topics have been discussed to death, but people persist in dredging them up again (The "new to you" phenomenon).

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
I am learning what makes a thread popular on LPSG and recently I started a 2 with 100+ replies. Both subjects have been about GOSSIP.

What private messages do you get? and who has fucked who at LPSG?

Seems that members are much more interested in life at LPSG than out there in the real world.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
dongalong said:
Seems that members are much more interested in life at LPSG than out there in the real world.

Well, of course! I mean, come on ... the real world is highly overrated.

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
It's the internet. I thought we were here to kill time in a fun manner, not discuss matters of world importance that will change lives.

Unless you find the latter is killing time in a fun manner.

taven

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Much of the time someone has already stated my position on a topic and there's nothing cogent I could add. Other times I'm so ovewhelmed by the complexity of a topic I hesitate to try to put my thoughts in writing. Some of the more vociferous members have really stated my positions on topics important to me , such as the futility of the Iraq situation and the Middle East in general and of course gay rights. (And DC Deep, have you ever read Kincaidiana? I know it's off topic, but I've been meaning to ask you.)