Relative Measurements

Pumblechook

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was thinking back to my last gf and something she noticed and said a few times to the effect of - "it's cute how you measure things based off of your penis."

And what I've noticed is that, basically, in many ways I do. In the same way that a person who uses a ruler a lot, or counts how many steps they take to walk somewhere, would know the size of a ruler or the size of their foot and use that to compare to anything they encountered, I seem to use my hand relative to my penis to compare the length of things. For example, I know my hand is ~7.5" long. So, when measuring my penis, I can take a pretty fast estimate of the length of my penis that overreaches the length of my hand. In the same way, anything a little less than my hand size or greater than, say from about 7-9.5", I can pretty accurately measure based on the fact that I have compared my hand size to my penis size. I thought her comment was pretty cute, and also pretty observant (so much so that I didn't even realize that I did that until it was mentioned), and was wondering if any of you have noticed your bfs or if any of you have used similar relative measuring techniques?

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yep, I use my hands, fingers, feet, and arm span to guesstimate measuments all the time. It works pretty well too. I don't usually think of my penis when I do this though. I guess I could use it but counting 2", 4", 6" and so on would be kinda slow...wouldn't it?:tongue:

Pumblechook

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yep, I use my hands, fingers, feet, and arm span to guesstimate measuments all the time. It works pretty well too. I don't usually think of my penis when I do this though. I guess I could use it but counting 2", 4", 6" and so on would be kinda slow...wouldn't it?:tongue:

haha, well yes, a little crude to go, ok soft, semi, ok a little harder, oops, too far, simmer down a little, ok now! estimate!

As I see it, I just use my hand a lot to measure things. I think because apparently I had used my hand as a way of estimating my penis length in the past, that that is why she thought I estimated things based on my penis (and not the hand). I'm not sure which it is definitely, but perhaps a more like a little of both really.

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Well, obviously I can't relate to the penis thing, but when I stretch my right hand out as wide as it will go, the distance from the end of my thumb to the end of my pinkie finger is exactly nine inches. So it is a bit like a built-in tape measure.

It doesn't work as well, though, for things that are less than nine inches...then I seem to have a bit more trouble guesstimating.

My long fingers also enable me to easily reach a ninth (interval just one whole step greater than an octave) on the piano, which can come in handy. Which is good, because I can't think of any sexual situations in which long fingers on a woman would impart any great advantage. :tongue:

Attachments

Pumblechook

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, obviously I can't relate to the penis thing, but when I stretch my right hand out as wide as it will go, the distance from the end of my thumb to the end of my pinkie finger is exactly nine inches. So it is a bit like a built-in tape measure.

It doesn't work as well, though, for things that are less than nine inches...then I seem to have a bit more trouble guesstimating.

My long fingers also enable me to easily reach a ninth (interval just one whole step greater than an octave) on the piano, which can come in handy. Which is good, because I can't think of any sexual situations in which long fingers on a woman would impart any great advantage. :tongue:

Ah, and I like how your avatar provides a nice visual of you spreading your hand out as a tape measuring device :tongue:

As far as the slightly less, slightly more, esitmate measuring... that comes down to how we can visualize an inch, or maybe two, imaginary as you look at something. So, therefore you can esitmate a little more or a little less than your hand, but outside that range, yes, it is no good.

Hmm, perhaps a female's fingers would be good long if a guy's penis was really big around and they were doing a hand job? lol. Well, I sort of agree still with your view, because the women I've known at least, we wouldn't be wasting time with hand jobs., there would be much more action demanded than that!

socoken

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
... when I stretch my right hand out as wide as it will go, the distance from the end of my thumb to the end of my pinkie finger is exactly nine inches...

Wow, mine's within an eighth of that, and I am 6'1''.

I guess I have always used a dollar bill (6 and 1/4") to estimate things of that approximate size.

Channelwood

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hmmm. For years I've used my thumb-to-pinkie span as a 9.0 inch ruler, the only difference is I don't spread it as wide as possible, but I've self-calibrated the feel of a "relaxed stretch". I use it all the time in stores for gauging dimensions when I don't have a tape measure handy.

I also know that at a moderately brisk stride, 38 steps is exactly 100 feet.

I have never mentally used my penis as a ruler. That's just *weird*.

Pumblechook

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Wow, your hand is actually pretty long. Um, I wish I had a ruler with me, but I had to... estimate.. one hand to another.... (LOL)... and basically at the same angle I'm approx. 8 inches from thumb to pinky.

P.S.: not to use this as evidence against all of the millions of posts we have here that say hand size, foot size, height, weight, etc. factor into penis size and act as another point of proof that they don't.... oh, wait yes, I mean to use this as evidence against those theories. Come on, what are we - (grr, I can't remember the historical french scientist that measured men's heads vs. womens heads and proclaimed that since men's heads were larger,.. men were smarter... come on) anyway... what are we? that guy?!? Sorry to go soooo far off topic, but this thread comes up every 2.8 weeks, and needs to be shot down every time, so perhaps now we'll skip a 2.8 week peroid because I mentioned it in advance that there is no correlation lol. Besides? shouldn't Holly have a bigger penis than I because her hand reaches farther on the ruler than mine?

AlbertCunning

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My long fingers also enable me to easily reach a ninth (interval just one whole step greater than an octave) on the piano, which can come in handy.

Well, at 9 inches we have more or less the same handspan, but I'm able to reach an augmented ninth, from C to d#(sharp), with my hands. Not too easily though. A tenth is conceivable, but in that case I have to use my ringfinger instead of pinky.

I guess a long ringfinger is an indicator of high amounts of testosterone, as I've earlier been told.

Don't know if an augmented ninth comes in handy unless you're playing something dissonant, but of course the d#-note equals the eb(flat), which is potential for a minor chord.

I'm crap at piano anyway...

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes making a grip and sliding up i cand fit 3 of my hands and have room for another average hand. I have done all this too.:smile: :tongue:

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Hmm, perhaps a female's fingers would be good long if a guy's penis was really big around and they were doing a hand job? lol. Well, I sort of agree still with your view, because the women I've known at least, we wouldn't be wasting time with hand jobs., there would be much more action demanded than that!

Hehe...if he were that big around, he might not be able to get anything but a hand job!

P.S.: not to use this as evidence against all of the millions of posts we have here that say hand size, foot size, height, weight, etc. factor into penis size...Besides? shouldn't Holly have a bigger penis than I because her hand reaches farther on the ruler than mine?

Well, my dick is so small it's...invisible!

And actually, I have a (relatively) short vagina. Also, I'm 5' 9" tall.

So I'm a tall woman with big hands and a small vagina. Shoots all the theories out of the water, for sure. :tongue:

I beg to disagree. Long fingers are VERY sexy! I can't believe that the men in your life haven't told you that

I've been told my hands are pretty (and talented) but never that the length of my fingers is anything special...interesting.

Well, at 9 inches we have more or less the same handspan, but I'm able to reach an augmented ninth, from C to d#(sharp), with my hands. Not too easily though. A tenth is conceivable, but in that case I have to use my ringfinger instead of pinky.

I guess a long ringfinger is an indicator of high amounts of testosterone, as I've earlier been told.

Don't know if an augmented ninth comes in handy unless you're playing something dissonant, but of course the d#-note equals the eb(flat), which is potential for a minor chord.

I'm crap at piano anyway...

Um...the facts you mention above indicate you are most likely not crap at piano. At the very least, if you understand that much about chords and intervals, and what you are capable of reaching, then you are far better at piano than most people.

I can also reach an augmented ninth, but as you said -- it's a stretch. I wanted to be conservative and say I can easily reach a ninth, which is true.

Yes making a grip and sliding up i cand fit 3 of my hands and have room for another average hand. I have done all this too.:smile: :tongue:

Yeah, yeah. Go on taunting us, Uncut...make everybody even more jealous...(or horny) :tongue: :wink:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hehe...if he were that big around, he might not be able to get anything but a hand job!

Well, my dick is so small it's...invisible!

And actually, I have a (relatively) short vagina. Also, I'm 5' 9" tall.

So I'm a tall woman with big hands and a small vagina. Shoots all the theories out of the water, for sure. :tongue:

I've been told my hands are pretty (and talented) but never that the length of my fingers is anything special...interesting.

Um...the facts you mention above indicate you are most likely not crap at piano. At the very least, if you understand that much about chords and intervals, and what you are capable of reaching, then you are far better at piano than most people.

I can also reach an augmented ninth, but as you said -- it's a stretch. I wanted to be conservative and say I can easily reach a ninth, which is true.

Yeah, yeah. Go on taunting us, Uncut...make everybody even more jealous...(or horny) :tongue: :wink:
Im sorry. I got it wrong again. Here you are talking about the piano and i start talking about my organ.........:tongue: :wink:

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
I know across my knuckles is 3.5 inches so i can give a pretty good guess at the length of a cock (or anything) based on how many hands one on top of the other it takes me to cover it.

2 hands - 7"
3 hands - 10.5"
etc

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know across my knuckles is 3.5 inches so i can give a pretty good guess at the length of a cock (or anything) based on how many hands one on top of the other it takes me to cover it.

2 hands - 7"
3 hands - 10.5"
etc
Teach me, Tease Me, Please Me................:wink: