Relaxed attitudes at black gyms

Trigon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been working out at a couple of gyms with majority African American memberships here and back in Ohio and liking it alot. People are serious about working out and supportive of each other--very encouraging comradery, like you're with family. Friendly competition's there, if you want it. In the lockerroom, I actually manage to get from my locker to the shower, shaved up and back to my locker, without getting cruised. Never feel pressured to wrap myself up in a wet towel after I use it, even while I'm shaving--or to hide anything.

If anybody notices I'm well endowed, nobody's giving me drama about it. I think it's come up once and been quickly laughed off. It's a totally different vibe than what I get at gyms in a white suburb or downtown DC, where most of the clientele are white and non-black professionals.

And for my LPSG people, there's huge dicks everywhere and nobody makes a big deal about it. Can't pretend I don't notice though. :wink:

Trigon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
...I actually manage to get from my locker to the shower, shaved up and back to my locker, without getting cruised... :wink:

Should I have left that part out? Getting cruised is half the fun for some of my LPSG buddies. The thought of going to a gym without tripping over an orgy in the lockerroom is depressing to some people. :rolleyes:

Whywhywhy did I ever think this would be taken as good news?

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
this sorta stuff is socioeconomic and age related. in my opinion. rich white kids are scared to death of gang showers these days. we did not think twice about it when i was growing up, or plopping naked into the creek on a hot day. different era. no "cruising" was involved, even though i knew i was a homo.

don't think race plays a role. but it's up for debate.

Trigon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Probably a regional thing, also--a city thing.

What's unfortunate is that there probably aren't enough black people here to confirm our observations, either way. Bummer. I think alot of people are going to misinterpret this as an assertion that white guys are gayer than black guys, and that wasn't my point at all.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I go to a "black" gym and I LOVE it!!!! Of course, I have been going to that gym for 18 years, so the staff and members are like family to me. Homosexuality is SERIOUSLY frowned on at my gym and we don't have showers so the lockeroom has absolutely no action, and there is zero cruising. Yes, it is cool to have a reputation as being a white guy with a big dick among black people... they are all cool about it but won't stop calling me big daddy! lol! One of the female staff members (also black) busted in on me while I was naked from the waist down and she had never seen anything like my fat cock, so the word got around and I did wear my compression shorts a few times so that added to my rep a bit. They are a great bunch of guys and I will miss them GREATLY when they finally get around to closing the gym for good in the next year or so.

Trigon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I go to a "black" gym and I LOVE it!!!! Of course, I have been going to that gym for 18 years, so the staff and members are like family to me. Homosexuality is SERIOUSLY frowned on at my gym and we don't have showers so the lockeroom has absolutely no action, and there is zero cruising. Yes, it is cool to have a reputation as being a white guy with a big dick among black people... they are all cool about it but won't stop calling me big daddy! lol! One of the female staff members (also black) busted in on me while I was naked from the waist down and she had never seen anything like my fat cock, so the word got around and I did wear my compression shorts a few times so that added to my rep a bit. They are a great bunch of guys and I will miss them GREATLY when they finally get around to closing the gym for good in the next year or so.

It's not so terrible going to a gym, where there isn't a bacchanalia in the lockerroom every four or five minutesi. I honestly don't know what the difference is, but, there seems to be a big difference. It's social, but not the same kind of social I've found at gyms in Manhattan, downtown DC or in upscale white suburbs, where 'cruising' seems to be rampant.

So how did Big Mama bust in on you naked? This must I hear! :eek:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
When I go to the gym, it's for a workout, just like when I use a public restroom it's for elimination.

When I want to cruise, I go to bars or any one of several websites dedicated to the purpose..

I have used a local Bally's gym frequently. As I live in a minority-majority neighborhood, the vast majority of the men there are people of color. The only complaint I have is that it is poorly managed, less well-maintained and much more poorly equipped than the Bally's frequented by GWM and Latinos.

Trigon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I go to the gym, it's for a workout, just like when I use a public restroom it's for elimination.

When I want to cruise, I go to bars or any one of several websites dedicated to the purpose..

I have used a local Bally's gym frequently. As I live in a minority-majority neighborhood, the vast majority of the men there are people of color. The only complaint I have is that it is poorly managed, less well-maintained and much more poorly equipped than the Bally's frequented by GWM and Latinos.

Have to agree with you there. With Bally's, it's all about revenue.

The Bally's in downtown DC sucks, because the money's going to WSHC, Results and Gold's. The Dupont Circle RESULTS (nowhere near the Circle, btw) is a great gym with superb management and service, enjoyed by the largely upscale GWM Circle community. The downtown Bally's also has a large GWM clientele, but, isn't pulling the numbers surrounding gyms are.

The attitude at the black gyms, in my opinion, is more professional. It's very clear that everyone is there to workout. The sexual antics you see at the Bally's at Pentagon Row and downtown DC would look out of place in the black gyms I've attended and probably wouldn't be tolerated.

It's great to be able to get through your routine and out the door without being gawked at like a steak on a grill. Priceless.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I go to a low key gym. The few gay guys there behave and it has grown more into a family place as I have gotten to know most of the regulars there. The staff is great. The place is a bit run down but it's close to work. I'd say there are a lot of black guys who go there and I know most of the regulars some hard core and some not. I can't say I can generalize as they are all different. There is no cruising or sexual overtones at my gym either which I like. I have a sauna buddy who happens to be black and uber attractive and we just shoot the shit and gossip. He has one of those perfect muscular bodies that you can't take your eyes off of. He is very modest however and showers and saunas with his trunks on.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So how did Big Mama bust in on you naked? This must I hear! :eek:

Well, it was near closing time and I had just finished an intense workout and it was one of those really humid days. I sauntered into the locker room and proceeded to disrobe so that I could at least towel off my body and wipe off most of the sweat (there are no showers at my gym... it's an old fashioned dungeon run by the city) that I seemed to be drenched in. The lady upstairs' watch must have been about five minutes fast and I was just putting my t-shirt back on and was naked from the waist, my fat cock wobbling around (I am a show-er, so my 6 x 7 inch soft cock is quite a sight and I'm only 5 foot seven) as I struggled to get the wet t-shirt back on. I had it around my head and was pulling it down when she just came right around the corner and almost walked into me and let out a "WHOOOOO" paused a second to take my cock in visually and then babbled "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." I said that I don't normally change this time of night and apologized myself for being in there since the room is normally empty the last hour that the gym is open. She said "Oh no... you're fine... just fine!"

Yesterday she happened to be working out and was just staring at my crotch... she doesn't normally do that, she must have been horny! lol!! I have overheard her talking about it to her friends on the phone and remember her saying "It was just SO BIG... SO BIG!" I presume she meant so fat and thick. She, most likely as a black woman, was always under the assumption that white guys had small or average penises and my cock was probably the only white penis she had ever seen in real life.

She and I have a special relationship that she doesn't share with the other members, she's a real sweetheart and a kind person.

Trigon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
...She and I have a special relationship that she doesn't share with the other members, she's a real sweetheart and a kind person.

Like Clark Gable and Hattie McDaniels!

Is she a big girl? Roomy through the hips? At that moment, when you were standing naked before her, did you feel the urge to submit yourself to her whims..or to subdue her?

Mmmm. Delicious. :smile: