Religion: A fact of life, containing truth, whether we like it or not

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
When discussing religion if one listens close enough the following usually happens:

When two are gathered discussing religion there are at least three contradictory theologies presented, usually more than three.

In fact, I have never heard a person discussing this subject that sooner or later contradicts himself if the discussion lasts long enough. And usually the conversation doesn't have to last long at all.

I've come to the conclusion that the universe, it origin and its design, is just beyond the scope of human comprehension.

Some deal with this by believing in some religion. Some deal with this by denying the possibility that there might be an highly intelligent force that has at least some control over the universe and then the third group basically says, "Be damned if I know." So you there you have it.

These three groups will never come to a common belief. The only hope is that the three groups can learn to peacefully co-exist and not try to force others to believe what they themselves have chosen to believe.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When discussing religion if one listens close enough the following usually happens:

When two are gathered discussing religion there are at least three contradictory theologies presented, usually more than three.

In fact, I have never heard a person discussing this subject that sooner or later contradicts himself if the discussion lasts long enough. And usually the conversation doesn't have to last long at all.

I've come to the conclusion that the universe, it origin and its design, is just beyond the scope of human comprehension.

Some deal with this by believing in some religion. Some deal with this by denying the possibility that there might be an highly intelligent force that has at least some control over the universe and then the third group basically says, "Be damned if I know." So you there you have it.

These three groups will never come to a common belief. The only hope is that the three groups can learn to peacefully co-exist and not try to force others to believe what they themselves have chosen to believe.

God may be mysterious in most cases, but as for a truth sayer? Look no further than your mirror Freddie. Excellent post.