Religion and homosexuality?

How many religious friends have turned on you after you revealed to then you were gay

Votes: 8 47.1%

Votes: 2 11.8%

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

avalonlovelove

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have to say that I love God and I am a faithful Christian.But I am not one of those holier than thou pain in the butts who think just because they are Christians they are better than everybody else.I believe that we will all ascend into heaven when we die gay, straight,black,white,yellow,green,you get the picture.But i recently saw an article on a Christian site about Homosexualality being a huge sin and that anyone who is gay will burn in hell when they die.Well I don't think I have to tell you that that pissed me off!This lady spouted bible verses and even talked about people who have recovered from being gay like magic.I don't care what people say because if you are gay you are GAY.There is no magic pill or one of those stupid groups I have heard about where you cna be gay one day straight the next .Yeah right maybe in an alternate universe!This woman claims people who are gay will go to hell and that we are great sinners.I think the great sinners are the people who claim to be religious and then persecute others just because they are different.The fact that she said we would all go to hell was bad enough but it made me furious when I remembered poor innocent Matthew Shepard who was killed just because he was gay just because he was different.He was killed by a homophobic act and those monsters should have payed but I don't think they did considering they were allowed to live.He wasn't allowed to live because he was gay but those that killed him were how unfair and inhumane is that! This lady spouted bible verses but she forgot one and that lady better realize it "Judge not lest ye be judged".If that hypocritical holier than thou and that means everyone who judges not just people who are religious that if they judge someone then they better be prepared to be judged the same way!Post your comments here or email me whichever you choose don't matter to me I just want to know what your thoughts are about this subject.:mad: :smile:

D_Joseba_Guntertwat

Experimental Member
Media
I doubt you'll find anyone here who disagrees with you.

What I find funny is that they always come up with these stupid rules for who goes to hell or not. Which bit of homosexuality do they disapprove of. Do you go to hell for having anal sex (in which case a lot of straight people would go too), or for finding men attractive? I wouldn't get too upset about it, religious people are morons.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
religious people are morons.
Actually, some religious people (like the OP) are quite intelligent, and they are well represented on the board here.

Not to say that there aren't some real nutjobs out there, especially among those who think that of the 365 separate provisions in Leviticus, the ban on male/male anal sex is the only one that still counts...

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Actually, some religious people (like the OP) are quite intelligent, and they are well represented on the board here.

The typical hypocrasies include:
1) Claiming to be intelligent while blatantly ignoring scientific data that contradicts the translation of a translation of a translation of something written hundreds of years ago by people who weren't all that bright by today's standards. God's universe should act exactly as God intends.

2) Claiming to be kind, loving, and accepting while judging fellow human beings to be deserving of a painful, sorrow-filled eternity - when He's the one making that decision and the rest of us should just STFU.

3) Claiming to be free-thinking individuals while blindly following dogma that has been practiced for centuries. There are some basic things like prayer, praise, and communion that should be practiced regularly. The rest can only be explained as layers of fluff.

RandyL

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gay or not, and regardless of religion, I can't understand what makes a man want to stick his cock up another man's ass and like that better than a woman's pussy.:confused:

As far as the question of whether or not queers go to heaven or hell, I say it's better to be safe than sorry!

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gay or not, and regardless of religion, I can't understand what makes a man want to stick his cock up another man's ass and like that better than a woman's pussy.:confused:

As far as the question of whether or not queers go to heaven or hell, I say it's better to be safe than sorry!

I can understand why a man wants to stick his cock up another man's ass and like it better. I can understand why a man wants to stick his cock up a woman's pussy and like it better. I can understand why a man wants to stick his cock up a woman's ass and like it better. Then there are all of the gay men who have very little or no anal sex, and they just like sticking their cocks in another man's mouth, which surely feels exactly the same as sticking their cocks in a woman's mouth (although I wouldn't know for sure, having never stuck my cock in a woman's anything).

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media

Ok we didn't ask for you to be gay hatin. Stop being a prick. I hope you go to hell for saying that.

submit452

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I consider myself a Theist. Because I beleve in God and Jesus, But I don't believe in the utter crap expoused by Falwell, Robertson or Crouch. In fact if there is a hell Falwell's in it roasting on a spit being barbecued. As for Crouch I evoke the Moneylenders from the Temple bible story. God loves us all no matter if we're gay or bi or intellectual.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Straight or not, and regardless of intelligence, I can't understand what would make you post something like this, that does nothing except illustrate just how stupid you are.

As for the question of heaven or hell, there's no need for me to "be safe than sorry." Number one, I don't believe in heaven or hell, and number two, if it means spending eternity with someone like you, I'd rather not, thanks.

To the OP: None of my religious friends or family have turned away or turned against me. If any acquaintences have, they were not important enough to me for them to count.

snobbes

Sexy Member
Media
Originally Posted by RandyL

Gay or not, and regardless of religion, I can't understand what makes a man want to stick his cock up another man's ass and like that better than a woman's pussy.
confused.gif

I can understand why a man wants to stick his cock up another man's ass and like it better. I can understand why a man wants to stick his cock up a woman's pussy and like it better. I can understand why a man wants to stick his cock up a woman's ass and like it better. Then there are all of the gay men who have very little or no anal sex, and they just like sticking their cocks in another man's mouth, which surely feels exactly the same as sticking their cocks in a woman's mouth
like swede82 I can understand all of the above. what I can not understand is how it is possible for grown up intelligent people to believe in God (and the devil)? and some unbelievable stories made up to give people a hard time and bad consciences.

B_Rivas_Boricua4Ever

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I had some religion-influenced discrimination against me when I first came out, and I still sorta get it. I had some family members not talk to me anymore for a while - I come from a family of Catholic Italians and Catholic Puerto Ricans - and it was really hurtful. Most of them have gotten over it and have admitted to their foolishness, though, both friends and family.

Myself, I was raised Catholic. Baptised, made my communion but never my confirmation. I now consider myself Agnostic, leaning more towards Athiesm for a few reasons. I don't like when people use religion to promote hatred and intolerance, to use the Holy Bible to breathe life into some things. Personally, if you need an ancient book to tell you what's wrong and right in life, instead of just common sense, then you're kind of a dolt. Another thing is the picking and choosing of what's stated in the Bible; sure, people love saying us gays, lesbians and bisexuals are going to Hell but what about having facial hair? According to scripture, having facial hair is a sin. Approaching a woman - that's right, just approaching - a woman on her period is a sin. Working on the Sabbath is a sin, when most Americans already do that. It's truly ridiculous, if you're going to pick one thing to wave around, you can't drop everything else because it doesn't benefit you. It beyond discredits yourself and your cause. The Bible is full of bullshit.

And this why I just try to stay away from religion.

dervin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I left the catholic religion because they don't accept homosexuals.
You should seriously consider having yourself excommunicated...if you haven't already.

If you haven't officially left the church, you are still being counted as a member.

I officially left the church with the help of this site...

Easy Steps to Excommunication

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

As a straight man, it is not natural for you to want to "stick your cock up another man's ass and like that better than a woman's pussy"!
What is natural though is for many sentient straight men to embrace the majesty and beauty of diversity in all things touched my the Great Creator and enjoyed by all of mankind! To close your mind and heart to this great diversity seems so narrow of mind...yet, your view is a part of that same wonderful diversity.
I believe that gay people need not fear the wrath of God nor the fire of Hell so much as damnation by fellow mortals with narrow perspectives such as yours!:smile: :smile: :smile:

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Another thing is the picking and choosing of what's stated in the Bible; sure, people love saying us gays, lesbians and bisexuals are going to Hell but what about having facial hair? According to scripture, having facial hair is a sin. Approaching a woman - that's right, just approaching - a woman on her period is a sin. Working on the Sabbath is a sin, when most Americans already do that. It's truly ridiculous, if you're going to pick one thing to wave around, you can't drop everything else because it doesn't benefit you. It beyond discredits yourself and your cause. The Bible is full of bullshit.

I feel the same way.

Perhaps I've shunned the Bible too quickly, though. I should study it intently, so that when another religious nutcase starts telling me that I (or one of my friends) am going to hell, I'll be able to throw some chapter or verse right back and shut them up.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
<...>
but what about having facial hair? According to scripture, having facial hair is a sin. Approaching a woman - that's right, just approaching - a woman on her period is a sin. Working on the Sabbath is a sin, when most Americans already do that. It's truly ridiculous, if you're going to pick one thing to wave around, you can't drop everything else because it doesn't benefit you. It beyond discredits yourself and your cause. The Bible is full of bullshit.

Actually, if you interpret that one set of scriptures, it pretty much says it's a sin to cut your facial hair. It's still annoying, though, when people use one scripture to justify their hateful or irrational behavior, but they conveniently ignore the scripture before and the scripture after.

I want one of those types to point out to me where, in the scriptures, god says "Pick and choose from amongst my commandments; honor those which are convenient, and ignore those which are not."