Religion and homosexuality?

How many religious friends have turned on you after you revealed to then you were gay

Votes: 8 47.1%

Votes: 2 11.8%

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I really consider myself in tune with spirtuality, however I have begged off all organized religion...yes all organized religion. The dogma put forth on this planet in the name of a higher power has left us one cruel planet.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I really consider myself in tune with spirtuality, however I have begged off all organized religion...yes all organized religion. The dogma put forth on this planet in the name of a higher power has left us one cruel planet.

Yep. I stated in an earlier post that I do not like organized religion. It's no longer about having faith in something. :rolleyes:

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yep. I stated in an earlier post that I do not like organized religion. It's no longer about having faith in something. :rolleyes:

Death's Little Irony Take 2

So let's say wldhoney dies (heaven forbid) and she gets to heaven and there is nothing but partiers, members of this forum, etc. Perhaps Jimi Hendrix on the main stage opening for the Sex Pistols. Basically all the people the religious zealots say are going to hell. In her most reserved manner she struts over to St. Peter and asks where all the Christian are? St. Peter replies...

"That crazy lot? Kept raining on the parade of the decent people. They got sent down to hell years ago. MAN I have never seen so many screwed up unhappy people. Really brought the big man's party down. Did you know God was a Prince fan?"

She replies, "Why do you let all the living think heaven is for the religious?'

"Well, everybody would be topping themselves to get here and who would be left to give all that money to the church so we can afford the bands we have?"

Now THAT would be poetic justice. What say you milady?:biggrin1:

Perhaps I've had a wee glass of wine too many.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Death's Little Irony Take 2

So let's say wldhoney dies (heaven forbid) and she gets to heaven and there is nothing but partiers, members of this forum, etc. Perhaps Jimi Hendrix on the main stage opening for the Sex Pistols. Basically all the people the religious zealots say are going to hell. In her most reserved manner she struts over to St. Peter and asks where all the Christian are? St. Peter replies...

"That crazy lot? Kept raining on the parade of the decent people. They got sent down to hell years ago. MAN I have never seen so many screwed up unhappy people. Really brought the big man's party down. Did you know God was a Prince fan?"

She replies, "Why do you let all the living think heaven is for the religious?'

"Well, everybody would be topping themselves to get here and who would be left to give all that money to the church so we can afford the bands we have?"

Now THAT would be poetic justice. What say you milady?:biggrin1:

Perhaps I've had a wee glass of wine too many.

The lady says that she just about pee'd her panties laughing her ass off!!!!!! :18: :biglaugh: :lmao:

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Gay or not, and regardless of religion, I can't understand what makes a man want to stick his cock up another man's ass and like that better than a woman's pussy.:confused:

As far as the question of whether or not queers go to heaven or hell, I say it's better to be safe than sorry!

To gay men who are into anal sex, another man's ass is their pussy. But not all gay men are into anal, and not all straights are into anal, but straights have another way to have sex. Personally, I am anti anal sex whether that's straight people doing it or gay. I think it's very unhealthy. In the same respect, people are going to do whatever they want. It doesn't matter what I think or say.

Christians are not perfect; they only strive for perfection. And we are all human and all fail. I'm a Christian, and a sinner like everyone else. Christians believe that the only people without sin were Mary and Jesus. Jesus hung around with everyone and loved all: gay, straight, prostitutes, and even criminals. He was considered an outcast in the same way that some gays consider themselves, or any other people who don't feel like everyone else. When he was crucified he asked God to forgive his crucifiers. How many of us would do that in similar circumstances? Some religions are more accepting of gays than other. It's very possible to be gay and Christian; I know gay Christians and they are fine with it. And Catholics are not against homosexuals.

Homosexuality

"Homosexual desires, however, are not in themselves sinful. People are subject to a wide variety of sinful desires over which they have little direct control, but these do not become sinful until a person acts upon them, either by acting out the desire or by encouraging the desire and deliberately engaging in fantasies about acting it out. People tempted by homosexual desires, like people tempted by improper heterosexual desires, are not sinning until they act upon those desires in some manner."

As you can see, gays are not being singled out as it mentions heterosexuals as well.

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
No God, no holder of infinate compasion and wisdom could, should or would regard true, soul forfilling, consenting, honest love as a sin. Be it between a man and a woman, a man and a man or a woman and a woman.

As on Earth, so shall it be in heaven.

Lets raise the point, if organised religion is so wise, why do none of the great book explain the dinosaurs for example?

I dont remeber the bit about, on the 3rd day, He made great lizzards and though, shit, thats not really working now, think im gonna start again, scrap that idea...

Religion is an idea, a faith, a guide, to inspire the best in mankind. Not a dictator, or a blinding or binding law to make us bigots and zealots.

Split a piece of wood, and there you will find me, lift a stone, and there i am... Yet the Vatican is so wealthy it could clear third world debt and still have change for a hotdog on the way home. Or did they not profiteer out of the Second World War? For which i might add, the so called holiest men on the planet are still yet to apologies for the Catholic church's discreet involvment.

I personally believe any religious extremists should be stopped, what ever religion their are.

If being gay is a sin, then i will ask God come my day, if i am made in his image, why should i have lived in isolation and solitude when there is honest love and true kindness in my heart to give?

I wont be judged but an acient Idiots Guide to Living Life that got fucked up in the writting that we call the Bible.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The belief that Christianity surrounds is that by accepting God and Jesus Christ as your savior, unless you renounce them, your are forgiven your sins thru Christ.

Let's take adutlery. It is considered a sin. Getting a divorce and then getting remarried makes you an adulterer, unless the divorce is against your wishes and not of your making.

Considering the amount of divorced Christians, I believe it would behoove them to hope that sin is indeed forgiven, or from their very mouths they themselves are condemned.

However, that scenario doesn't sell, nor does it bring in money.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
*Hands wldhoney a towel and a new lacey thong.*

Glad you liked it and sorry about the panties. :wink:

*puts thong on and poses for Osiris*

So, do you think I will be able to wear these in this Heaven of yours? :tongue:

Extremecummer

Sexy Member
Cammer
Media
Vincennes, Indiana, United States of America (the)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wow, has this thread generated replies.
I only have two things to say: To Randy: How can you wonder why a gay man would like anal intercourse? It's part of being gay (for some men). As a mostly gay man, what I can't understand is why anal intercourse is such a part of straight sex life. It seems silly for me for straight men to engage in anal intercourse.
Secondly, the problem is not organized religious attitude about homosexuals. The problem is the burden born by gay men and women who grow up in a conservative home who hear anti-gay rhetoric from the pulpit each weekend.
Dennis

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The belief that Christianity surrounds is that by accepting God and Jesus Christ as your savior, unless you renounce them, your are forgiven your sins thru Christ.

Let's take adutlery. It is considered a sin. Getting a divorce and then getting remarried makes you an adulterer, unless the divorce is against your wishes and not of your making.

Considering the amount of divorced Christians, I believe it would behoove them to hope that sin is indeed forgiven, or from their very mouths they themselves are condemned.

However, that scenario doesn't sell, nor does it bring in money.

And the more extreme fundamentalists have the higher divorce (and abuse) rates, the highest among the independants, followed by the baptists. Catholics and Episcopalians have the fewest.

creditkodak1

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm ashamed to even be a little bit gay, because, well, I want to go to Heaven. Unfortunately, it does say in the Bible that we shouldn't "lay" with other men. I was on the verge of crying a little. However, if that's what it takes, I'll do it.

Grit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I enjoyed this thread. I have a lot of thought on this topic. I hope my sharing is accepted. I hope that MY OPINION... is not criticized -- please keep in mind that it is my own.

I hold strong christian and biblical values. I have had quite a time understanding homosexuality and I have read the bible, the qur'an and the ramayana and mahabharata all cover to cover. I was very much troubling in med school about the attitudes of other students holding attitudes that reflected not treating gays (many reasons here -- won't go there).

I am straight and have no desire to have sexual contact with others of the same sex. I am learning to understand ways of homosexuality from this forum. I believe that homosexuality is wrong from religous perspectives and that it also violates the laws of nature (men/men and women/women relationships cannot reproduce).

Getting to my point -- while I disapprove I have no right to judge. I have gay and lesbian friends and in this circle of friends there is respect. Exchanges have been made about beliefs etc. and for me I say I think it is wrong and that I do not judge them for this shall we say sin. I will even say that certain of them are best of friends. I too have sinned in other ways (hetro sex outside of marriage and I drink a lot of beer) and the bible does not condone having a drink or two but does have something to say about drunkeness (I like to get drunk once in a while). In the eyes of the Almighty... sin is sin and there is no degree of sin. So if we are all sinners... Jesus said "Let those without sin cast the first stone."

A while back I saw a report about a family values march. I especially noticed that some of those in the parade held their bibles high and as they pointed to it yelled at the gays and lesbians about how they were hell bound. They all appeared in my view like they were ready to thump them on the head with their bible -- turn or burn attitude.

As an MD I have treated gay and lesbian patients (some of the issues coming into the ER shocked this straight boy) in need of medical help. They are people I believe created and loved by The Almighty and who am I to treat what he created and loves any less.

Trigon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gay or not, and regardless of religion, I can't understand what makes a man want to stick his cock up another man's ass and like that better than a woman's pussy.:confused:

As far as the question of whether or not queers go to heaven or hell, I say it's better to be safe than sorry!

Didn't you ever hear that the Devil has a big oven full of bad young men's backsides that he uses for biscuits? That, if he catches you bothering another young man's backside, when he goes looking for a fresh one, he may pick yours for his oven?

That'll keep your knickers up, you little perverts. :wink:

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
"Homosexual desires, however, are not in themselves sinful. People are subject to a wide variety of sinful desires over which they have little direct control, but these do not become sinful until a person acts upon them, either by acting out the desire or by encouraging the desire and deliberately engaging in fantasies about acting it out. People tempted by homosexual desires, like people tempted by improper heterosexual desires, are not sinning until they act upon those desires in some manner."

As you can see, gays are not being singled out as it mentions heterosexuals as well.
Unfortunately, it is of little solace to those of us with homosexual desires to know that they are not sinful, in and of themselves, but only become sin when acted upon (like improper heterosexual desires). With just a little bit of thought, you realize that it is an impossible double-bind. It is also nonsense. The Bible doesn't say anything like this. It is a homophobic interpretation that serves to protect the rights of a male heirarchy.

Adam875

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
"Restoring your foreskin" ?? Are you mad ? They only let the circumcised into heaven - didn't you know? Better to be safe than sorry.

llazlo

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Rivas!

I'm totally with you...since when does any book tell us how to live or what to be ?

By the way, you're a handsome man.

Adam875

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If this is what religion does to people, heaven help us. "The Bible says", "The Bible says" ... for crying out loud, start thinking for yourself, and live.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
If this is what religion does to people, heaven help us. "The Bible says", "The Bible says" ... for crying out loud, start thinking for yourself, and live.

Sadly, Adam, it's simply not that easy for many people. As I stated in previous posts, I have a background in this area, and like my husband, so many people are raised with "the Bible says" says beaten into them on a daily basis from the time they are babies.

The organized facet of Christianity relies on using guilt and expectations of certain behaviors in order to control the masses. It's no longer about faith and living. It's about money and behaving a certain way. The focus on homosexuality is a way to cover their own failings and to unite a group with a "cause", one that makes them feel superior to others.

I have debated and shut up more than on fanatic in my time condemning others in the name of God, an act of blasphemy that in itself condemns them.

My husband grew up despising the hypocrisy around him, but to voice it was to be told you were possessed by Satan. Not an easy thing for a kid.

The bible "says" a lot of things that can be manipulated, and one needs to realize that man's influence is in every page. The story of Noah was written long before the Bible in Chinese folk tale and in fact exists in some way or another thru out many cultures.

You can't follow those that use the bible to control or judge. It's about personal faith and living your life in a kind and loving manner.