Religion

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by horny6.5, Dec 11, 2006.

1. horny6.5

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I was wondering like some religions dont allow women to reveal there faces or hair or any part of there body how is it for men. Do they have some of the same rules or its ok for a man to display his penis.

2. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

Since this is such a fucked up thread, I'll just say that: organized religion - CAN'T STAND IT.

But men and women of faith make the world go round (much as "Fat bottomed girls, you make the rockin world go round":).

Yo, shoutout to Freddy Mercury.

3. JustAsking

Gold Member

Yes indeed! One must appeal to Freddy Mercury in a situation like this. Good plan.

4. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

Dreamer is our resident expert on the role of the penis in religion.

I was always drawn to the morning rite in Karnak where the Pharoah would be ritually masterbated and blown at sunrise. I think it is a shame that we have lost some of these old traditions.

5. Peter Pud

Peter Pud New Member

I do not know of a religion that approves of public displays of sex organs. Most religions do advocate for momogamous hertersexual sex. The traditional idea of marriage before sex. Then as far as I know (an exception was the shakers) it is ok too have all the sex you can handel

6. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

So he was gay, a drug addict, and died of AIDS.

I still like the song. And FAITH should be a pragmatic thing when it can be. I think you'll see that my posts in general are subversive to this site. There I outed myself.:cool:

P.S. And for some time now I've wanted to tell you that in that quote Lauren said that to Humphrey not the other way around. What did she follow with "You just put your lips together and blow"?

7. JustAsking

Gold Member

Oh yes, I wasn't being sarcastic. The thread started out funny, so I thought the reference to Freddy Mercury was appropriate.

As for Bogey and Lauren, by golly, you are absolutely right. She says that to him as she is going back across the hall to her room. I will correct my mistake posthaste. Thanks for pointing that out. Oh, by the way, "was you ever stung by a dead bee?"

8. Amygirl

Gold Member

Home of the Melbourne Cup and the best coffee
    Wasn't he a Zoastrian?

Apologies to Zoastrians if I've misspelt you religion

9. madame_zora

Gold Member

10. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

I'd have to cheat on this one and look it up. But in point of fact I have been stung by a dead bee, or I assume he was dead since it was on the sole of my foot in the backyard.

I was really into movies old and new but haven't done them lately. I miss them. They were good fun.

"Treasure of the Sierra Madre" anyone. "Badges, we need no stinkin' badges":cool:

11. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Alright, everyone, I'm only going to say this once: stop bashing! You should hate the belief, love the believer.

12. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

You shouldn't hate them or what they believe. If you hate what they believe, you'll never be able to enlighten them.
    In my many trips around the block, I've found so called liberals to be just as narrow-minded as any one else. Sometimes, I wonder if humans are basically intellectually arrogant.

I wonder how many of you could listen to the song, "The Christmas Shoes" and have your heart touched. It is played frequently on our local rock stations. Some couldn't get past the mention of Jesus and see the truth that we need to be loving and taking care of each other. Personally, I can't hear it without tears filling my eyes. There is so much pain and suffering all around us. No one group of people can fix it. Together, we can stop being selfish children and make a difference.

I challenge every financially ok individual to go buy a money order this week. Anonymously mail it to someone in need. Never tell another soul about what you have done. See what difference you notice in their face. Start wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. Start speaking to others and say good morning, good afternoon, good evening. Help bring back civility to our nation. You'll notice a change in others and yourself.

13. Vestigial

Gold Member

Religions generally make the rules up as they please.
    One thing I do not like is the We are correct, all other religions lead to failure mentality that many share.

One thing I can attest to though, is the power of some. And I mean beyond natural power. So whichever fraud is being played here... well,.. I do not yet know, but I wish to find out.

Though... one thing about religions making up the rules, is the ability for us to start breaking up the rules... :D

14. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I'm guessing that more humans are humor-challenged than intellectually arrogant.

As for wishing everyone a merry christmas, that's difficult for me to do, as I am not christian. I do my good works in other ways than promoting a religion in which I do not believe.

15. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

If you live in the United States, haven't you noticed it isn't much of a religious celebration anymore? If you can't say Merry Christmas, could you say Happy Holidays?

16. Vestigial

Gold Member

Would not be an unfounded wonder.

I live on the other planet myself... the one that wants to be like america...

I just call it christmas because that's what it's called on the calender. If I were to look deeper into it,...

Well, for such a deep person, I still haven't yet reached god. ;)

17. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I'm not sure I know where to begin with the problems in your posts in this thread, hootie, especially this one.

Anyone (besides hootie) care to explain my post (#11 in this thread) to me, just so I know that I actually said what I thought I said? Never mind, I'm just too dense to get it.

18. vinny_spiruccino

Gold Member

Albums:
    Do you do ok takin it?

19. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

You have been offered the opportunity to find out, have you not?

20. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

Alright, I'll indulge myself. Here goes.

You silly, silly, stupid fuck (<-fun to say not heartfelt).:smile:

If you are an atheist, that IS a form of BELIEF. You believe that you have all the knowledge necessary to claim "there is no God". You practice a faith.

I personally respect an agnostic. Tend to find kinship in a THINKING person of faith and find atheists to be anathema to an actual ability to reason well. You are childish in the way you flail about trying to find someone to challenge your beliefs.

That was hostile and so I apologize in advance. But I'm just giving you what you were looking for.

Peace,
    Spiker

Draft saved Draft deleted