Religions and Sex.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
This is just a bit of fun. This is just a bit of fun. This is just a bit of fun.

Apparently you have to say things three times for some to get the point :rolleyes:.

Thinking as a Str8 guy, I would say that Catholics and Orthodox are more in tune sexually than Protestants; Muslims, Hindus and Jews can be very hot; Atheists are the kinkiest without doubt, but Buddhists take the biscuit for pure sexual enjoyment. Don't start me on Confucianists.

Now that I have offended just about everyone on the site with my outrageous and meaningless generalisations, would anyone else like to comment? :biggrin1:

Last edited:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are you planning on having sex during your church service! Or is this more about the people that practice these religions and not the actual religion itself.

Trying not to read anything into this, I must say that even though religions have rules about sexual acts, sex is more of a sociological issue then a religious one probably even more so then a moral one. Even though they say that there are no homosexuals in the Muslim world we know different. Even though we know a women could be sentenced to torture for speaking to a strange man out of her husbands presence we know it still happens. Even though rape is a sin in Muslim countries we also know its more likely then not that the victim will be the accused not the rapist.

Last edited:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is just a bit of fun. This is just a bit of fun. This is just a bit of fun.

Apparently you have to say things three times for some to get the point :rolleyes:.

Thinking as a Str8 guy, I would say that Catholics and Orthodox are more in tune sexually than Protestants; Muslims, Hindus and Jews can be very hot; Atheists are the kinkiest without doubt, but Buddhists take the biscuit for pure sexual enjoyment. Don't start me on Confucianists.

Now that I have offended just about everyone on the site with my outrageous and meaningless generalisations, would anyone else like to comment? :biggrin1:
Yes, I have a comment. If Buddhists "take the biscuit" for pure sexual enjoyment, how do you explain the Kama Sutra?

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media

When I saw "Religions and Sex" under Latest Threads I thought "This should be interesting." Then I read, "This is just a bit of fun," and thought "ok." Then I read, ". . . are more in tune sexually . . . " and I thought
:wtf1:

NAH, this doesn't look like fun at all! Sounds like head games.:banghead:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
All I can say is that mormons ban oral sex (and sex generally out of marriage) and I once met a mormon girl that had an oral fixation and she was really good at it

I think that sex oppression brings the freak out of the puritanical. I have seen those Elders come by and they are shameless with the stares. It is almost like I can read their sordid fantasies by their stares.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
mormons ban oral sex, shit there goes my life time achievement. I was gonna look up a singer in a year or so. pretty mouth. "here hum on this"

Isn't kissing oral sex.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Even though rape is a sin in Muslim countries we also know its more likely then not that the victim will be the accused not the rapist.

Actually it is illegal. Two guys were publicly beheaded in Saudi a couple of years ago if I remember.

There is no doubt that the treatment of women by Western and most global standards is quite unacceptable under Sharia Law, but allegations of rape can be complex. Under Sharia Law, all pre-marital sex and sex with any man other than your husband is illegal. It is known that when unmarried and adulterous married women are caught having concensual sex with a man, the charge can be one of rape. This brings less shame on the family and the women pay for their "crime" by being incarcerated even if a court has not judged so. There are also well documented cases of the death penalty, often in the most horrible ways, for women, though I don't know of such a case where the woman was genuinely raped. I do however remember a case in Iran quite a while ago, when a teenage boy was hung for being raped by an older man. The "logic" being that he had engaged in a homosexual act.

Many Islamic countries have been reforming their rape laws in the last ten years, and it remains the usual suspects who still take the extreme path.

Moez???

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Even though they say that there are no homosexuals in the Muslim world we know different.

Who are they? Oh, you mean the president of Iran, when he said something completely different than what you are saying? When he was referring to how the west is more open to homosexuals, and they are more open? Thus, the homosexuals aren't the same as they are there? but i guess hearing his one line, out of context, and have it lost in translation, without looking into it...I guess that is enough to claim that the whole muslim world believes they don't have homosexuals in their countries.

Even though we know a women could be sentenced to torture for speaking to a strange man out of her husbands presence we know it still happens. Even though rape is a sin in Muslim countries we also know its more likely then not that the victim will be the accused not the rapist.

Yes, but there is a clash with that, especially with the relatively recent acceptance of the extremely strict interpretation of sharia law.

If a women has sex out of wedlock, or if a homosexual couple has sex, the only way they can be punished is if there are 5 witnesses in which the community knows they can trust. Actually, that's the rules in islamic law, that isn't how muslim countries these days follow, though. It's suppose to be a subtle way of saying "God will punish them" because how impossible it is for 5 people to walk in on people having sex.

This, though, goes both ways, with rape, if a girl accuses a man of rape, and there is doubt if the rape happened, they need 4 witnesses. considering now they have things like dna evidence, some countries still ignore the evidence if there wasn't 4 witnesses. which is stupid.

and then there is honor killings...which is a pre-islamic tradition, which is horrible to say the least.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
As a Roman Catholic turned atheist who has dabbled in Taoism, I resemble your remarks... :tongue:

Actually, with regard to men, it is known and accepted throughout the world that Celtic non theists are the Studs Supreme :biggrin1:

Just you wait for this to be confirmed by all the ladies and gentlemen :wink: